Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #136
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Best cherry pickers of all time.

Manny Pacquiao:

Best win - Barrera
Runner Up - Cotto even though Cotto got beat with bricks and went tooth and nail against Clottey which made him low hanging fruit and was even called "damaged goods" by Teddy Atlas.

Margarito - Third best win but know after the destruction of Cotto team pac didnt want none until Margo got destroyed by Shane but Team Pac did not want Shane at a 143 catchweight they proposed and Shane called their bluff on. Also Margarito looked like shit against journeyman Garcia but hey.

Morales - First implementation of weight draining opponents to their advantage and el terrible just lost to Raheem in a higher weight class.

De LA Hoya - Clear self explanotory cherry pick and Pac was the heavier fighter on fight night.

Shane self explanatory cherry pick.

Hatton - Hatton just got turnbuckled and got punch drunk vs Lazcano. Ricky also gains weight to about 200lbs in between fights but pacturds claim he fought Ricky at his best weight.

Bradley - Was a cherry pick gone wrong and quite frankly Manny's most prime opponent he's ever fought and got an "L'.

Rios - punching bag cherry pick just like Margarito. Probably a new belt will be made for this fight.

Manny by far is the greatest most sucessful cherry picker of all time due to being voted as FOTD for fighting dead men in the ring. No one else in the history comes close except for maybe Jack Dempsey.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #137
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Ha! Hi mate, you certainly know your stuff.

I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards, Loudon.
I just don't let anyone take my word for it anymore. Facts and sources (many from the horse's mouth) are always more effective. As I'm sure you've found out, being a Roy Jones fan on ESB is like having a full-time job. He - and Roberto Duran - are the two most disrespected fighters on this forum by far. Ray Leonard is the latest. Aside from all the Pac/May shit flinging, of course.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #138
sailor pops
miam! vice
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Manny Pacquiao:

Best win - Barrera
Runner Up - Cotto even though Cotto got beat with bricks and went tooth and nail against Clottey which made him low hanging fruit and was even called "damaged goods" by Teddy Atlas.

Margarito - Third best win but know after the destruction of Cotto team pac didnt want none until Margo got destroyed by Shane but Team Pac did not want Shane at a 143 catchweight they proposed and Shane called their bluff on. Also Margarito looked like shit against journeyman Garcia but hey.

Morales - First implementation of weight draining opponents to their advantage and el terrible just lost to Raheem in a higher weight class.

De LA Hoya - Clear self explanotory cherry pick and Pac was the heavier fighter on fight night.

Shane self explanatory cherry pick.

Hatton - Hatton just got turnbuckled and got punch drunk vs Lazcano. Ricky also gains weight to about 200lbs in between fights but pacturds claim he fought Ricky at his best weight.

Bradley - Was a cherry pick gone wrong and quite frankly Manny's most prime opponent he's ever fought and got an "L'.

Rios - punching bag cherry pick just like Margarito. Probably a new belt will be made for this fight.

Manny by far is the greatest most sucessful cherry picker of all time due to being voted as FOTD for fighting dead men in the ring. No one else in the history comes close except for maybe Jack Dempsey.
De la Hoya cherry picked Pac. And everybody in ESB, even me, thought this was a huge mismatch in favor of Oscar. Saying the contrary is just proof of bad faith with a hidden agenda.
sailor pops is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #139
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
Ottke
Sturm
Calzaghe
Floyd
+ Jones Jr #1
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #140
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor pops View Post
De la Hoya cherry picked Pac. And everybody in ESB, even me, thought this was a huge mismatch in favor of Oscar. Saying the contrary is just proof of bad faith with a hidden agenda.
Thats because your a ****ing noob when it comes to boxing. Go watch the Steve Forbes fight (youtube it like all other fights youve watched)and you dont cherry pick a guy by fighting at his terms you ****ing idiot. That is a paradoxical statement if you think about it. I won money on that fight because after the Steve Forbes fight it was clear as day Oscar is finished. And the reason every other dumb **** thought Manny didnt have a chance in that fight was because his career was thought of as done until amazingly Ariza came into the picture and put up against David Diaz another punching bag.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #141
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So Floyd is a cherrypicker for fighting Mosley, Hatton, De La Hoya, Marquez after Pac.

But Pac then went on to fight Mosley after Floyd, Hatton after Floyd, De La Hoya after Floyd, and Marquez after Floyd after Pac (twice).

So if Floyd's the #1 cherrypicker what does that make the guy who cherrypicked his cherrypicks?
Zombieguy is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #142
guapo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

GOW7 is mad lol. What a sad nerd.
guapo is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #143
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieguy View Post
So Floyd is a cherrypicker for fighting Mosley, Hatton, De La Hoya, Marquez after Pac.

But Pac then went on to fight Mosley after Floyd, Hatton after Floyd, De La Hoya after Floyd, and Marquez after Floyd after Pac (twice).

So if Floyd's the #1 cherrypicker what does that make the guy who cherrypicked his cherrypicks?
Fighter of the Decade.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #144
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Floyd Mayweather Jr... Hands down the master at fighting shitty opponents and selling the fights. He has tricked the world into thinking he's elite.. Guess what? He's not. He has cherry picked his way to the top. The guy will get knocked out as soon as he fights a prime elite fighter... That's why he ducked a Prime Cotto, Prime Pac, Martinez..
What I don't get is how people can be so sure about Mayweather's cherrypicking, but just flatout oblivious to the fact that Pacquiao's been doing the exact same thing.

BY FAR the most annoying part of the Pac/ May debacle.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #145
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Holyfield was considered past prime in 1996,Lewis fights him in 1999 and cant beat him convincingly either time. 1st fight ok a win for Lewis,second fight should have gone to Holyfield! Lewis couldnt hurt him,ko him,knock him down.

Despite Lack of Seasoning, Lewis Retains W.B.C. Title
By TIMOTHY W. SMITH Published: September 27, 1998

"After Vaughn Bean lasted 12 rounds against Evander Holyfield in their heavyweight championship fight last week, Lennox Lewis complained that Holyfield looked like a has-been"

Someone ask Lewis why he would struggle with a so called "has been" ???
how are things going, Joecalzaghethecoward? yep, i know who you are now!

you bitter little child.

what's wrong, did lewis and calzaghe **** up your favorite fighters? Ahhhh, Didums.

these two never ducked a fight in their life.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #146
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
GOW7 is mad lol. What a sad nerd.

(Also, I like Albert's sweater in your avatar. Looks comfy.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #147
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiosBambam View Post
I hate Lennox Lewis. He knocked out my favorite fighters and I absoutely hate him. I think he's an arrogant cunt and I hate how he can't prounounce words and I definitely don't like his overall mannerism.
But as much as I hate Lennox, I can not bash his h2h greatness or his resume or his courage.
He never ducked anybody. Holyfield himself said 'I was the guy everyone cherry picked' 'Nobody wanted to fight Lennox' EVERYBODY wanted to fight me' 'Everyone was scared of Lennox'.
Golota was the most feared puncher in the division after he demolished Ruddock and Lewis took that fight as a massive under dog. He destroyed Golota. Tua/Grant they were all hyped to hell and given real chances of knocking out Lennox and he fought them as well. He never ducked anyone and would have went to war against Tyson any time during the 90's.
Now a real ducker is Vitali.. Who waited till Lennox got old and fat before he decided to show up and still got tko6ed.
Once again I am not a Lennox fan at all, but as boxing fans we must be honest. Lewis is a top 5 ATG HW, and top 3 H2H. He is a dominant physical monster and a great boxer. Amazing tactician and surreal power. One of a kind.

The heavyweight era of the 90's sure was fun.
Tyson was the glamour , Holyfield was the heart, Old Foreman was the storyline, Bowe was the flash, but LENNOX was the SOUL
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Ugggh....ugggghhh. Um.. ****. Thanks...bro."
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #148
DeadLikeMe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The way I see it you're either the cherry picker or the guy being cherry picked. Beggars can't be choosers.
DeadLikeMe is online now  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #149
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
What's this?

A legacy defining fight?

Ha! Bollocks!

Bert Sugar when rating the best fighters of all time didn't even have Lennox ranked in the top 60-70.

When Brian Kenney said, "But he beat Mike!?"

Bert said "Yeah, but that wasn't Mike who he beat. Tyson was finished then!"

You have to put things into perspective.

Mike only had one more fight after this, and then Danny Williams knocked him out.

Mike didn't even train for this fight.

This was a joke of a fight, and it meant nothing!

In my opinion it was staged.

If you don't think it was, that's fine.

But like I say, keep watching the video.

This is a guy fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world, who missed a guy with a straight left from how far out?

Maybe it wasn't staged, but Mike missed on purpose to start trouble?

I don't know, but there's no way he could have missed that guy.

If he couldn't hit that guy from that range, then I'm at a loss.

Regards, Loudon.
i can't believe i'm doing this, but... tyson bit a chunk out of lewis' leg in all that hustle and bustle. it wasn't staged in the slightest.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #150
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hiya pal,

Who do you think Roy cherry picked?

If you compare Roy's resume to Joe's, it's not even close.

Joe cherry picked Roy, when Roy was old.

We've all seen the various quotes a hundred times.

Regards, Loudon.
stupid talk from you yet again... he cherry picked ruiz! he did the same to toney as he knew he was having huge problems with discipline and weight making. it was a big fight, but still a cherry pick on jones' part.

he knew what he was doing regarding the toney fight. i remember the build up to that fight.
assasin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum