Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #46
Kid Cincinnati
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 414
Default Re: Not sure how anyone could dislike Cotto...

Yeah, when did he start talking about himself in the third person? I noticed that too. I like Miguel, but only assholes do that.
Kid Cincinnati is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #47
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Cotto is one of the best fighters of this generation, a first ballot HOF'er and only a moron would hate on him. Dude is legit.
THIS
booradley is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #48
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonyGamboa View Post
You have to pay for Showtime in the United States. There is no "free" as you want to call it. You actually have to subscribe to the service/package. He's also already mentioned that the "PPV" was the idea to get exposure/excitement for the Puerto Rican prospects that are fighting on the undercard which will only be shown over there. The money from the PPV goes into paying the Puerto Rican fighters, building more fight cards in Puerto Rico, signing more Puerto Rican prospects and getting them onto more future cards/PPVs to get exposure and chances at the big time. He already gets his take from co-promoting with Golden Boy. Seems like the islanders have gotten to invested in receiving govn't benefits. Better hope the vote to become 51st state fails, then you'll be bitching at alot more than "$49.99".
spin it anyway you want to the fact is evn if you have showtime you have to pay to see the fight through PPV all he wants is more money and the people in PR dont like it simple and he is not winning any fans over this right now...

it doesnt has anything to do with government benefits.. imagine if a fight is shown free in NY but PPV in new jersey and the fighter is from new jersey ... is about one of your own going out of his way to convince a network that was going to televised the fight for free and instead do it through PPV... showtime executives already threw cotto under the boss and said it was entirely his idea...

and how are those puerto rican fighters gaining exposure if their fights are not going to be shown in the US and only in PR.... boxing fans in PR know almost every fighter there is to know from the island, if they need exposure is outside the island not inside...

and nobody is trying to become a state in fact independence is a better choice for PR's future... cant wait until the US leaves us the **** alone

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #49
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Its not just one Tazo. He made his comments about Pacquiao and PED's when that fiasco of negotiations were happening.
Cotto being a fighter who got destroyed by Pacquiao should have probably kept his mouth shut and let the fans and media judge that.

Then he storms out of the ring in defiance that he had lost vs Mayweather.
I know you think that fight was close Tazo, but most viewed it one sided in favor of Mayweather, and yet Cotto I believe to this day is defiant that he won that fight.

We're not talking just one even here.

Let me make one thing clear though. I respect Cotto as a fighter and I even enjoy watching his fights. I'll enjoy his fight with Trout for sure, I'm just pointing out that some of his takes and mannerismsm rub me the wrong way.
I can respect your impressions of him since you acknowledge his ability as a fighter; but when did that part in bold happen?
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #50
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Jesus could come back and box and people would shit on him..

PS FOR STUPID PEOPLE

Not comparing Cotto to Jesus but using an EXAGGERATED scenario,I know dopes will look into that the wrong way.. At the end of the day we have to find reasons to not like a fighter,as boxing fans the small number of trolls make up the shittiest fans in all of sports.
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #51
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
luv him as a fighter. no ho--. but his arrogance has increased. always refers himself in 3rd person. and when asked who he prefers to fight pac or floyd, he said whoever pays me more money
I don't think its arrogance, I think hes speaking from a purely business point of view. Hes taking care of business and he wants to sound like hes taking this shit seriously.
pound is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #52
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWiseJester View Post
Jesus could come back and box and people would shit on him..

PS FOR STUPID PEOPLE

Not comparing Cotto to Jesus but using an EXAGGERATED scenario,I know dopes will look into that the wrong way.. At the end of the day we have to find reasons to not like a fighter,as boxing fans the small number of trolls make up the shittiest fans in all of sports.
And they are the biggest wussies known to man.
pound is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #53
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Dont like the coined term "warrior" for a guy who doesnt train all that hard and has quit before in a fight and constantly backpeddles and sits on ropes to rest during the backpeddling. I feel he's another fighter who has Floyd to thank for being liked. Plus he was always green and really is the generic version of Oscar De La Hoya in not winning against his best competition. Also his skills are so overhyped for being the only conventional boxer who's left handed where usually you only see right handed fighters pretend to be southpaws. Also he was the prototype to what Manny is to Floyd and fell short since he could never beat the top guys he fought other than Shane Mosely. But the same shit about Floyd ducking Cotto is the same shit used for Manny now. More on this point just like Manny he was spoon fed Floyd's leftovers and given more credit when he beat them. Anyone who's watched boxing over 5 years knows exactly what I'm talking about.

pound is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #54
PhonyGamboa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound View Post
I don't think its arrogance, I think hes speaking from a purely business point of view. Hes taking care of business and he wants to sound like hes taking this shit seriously.
These are the same ones who trashed him to death when he simply said "I fight who the company puts in front of me." They enjoyed calling him "robot", rememeber? Now they can't stand it when he speaks.
PhonyGamboa is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #55
melo9100
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 690

Cotto is a dirty fighter through and through. Zab was gonna end his night early. The fight shifted after those nut shots. Which were clearly intentional.
melo9100 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #56
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonyGamboa View Post
These are the same ones who trashed him to death when he simply said "I fight who the company puts in front of me." They enjoyed calling him "robot", rememeber? Now they can't stand it when he speaks.
There has definitely been a bandwagon dedicated to discrediting and minimizing Cotto as a fighter on ESB since about 2008 when everyone was raving for a Floyd/Cotto fight.
pound is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #57
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo9100 View Post
Cotto is a dirty fighter through and through. Zab was gonna end his night early. The fight shifted after those nut shots. Which were clearly intentional.
All of them were intentional? Ok sure.
pound is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #58
markq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo9100 View Post
And guess what, Judah is Cotto's best win by blows to the gonads. Everybody I watched it with thought the low blows were intentional. Mosley was already on the decline. Shane had a 50% record after 2001! Margarito is just a plain bum without loaded gloves. Cotto's next best opponent is Torres, tough guy but a C+/B- fighter. Cotto is not HOF material. Maybe beating Malignaggi is enough to get in the HOF.
markq is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #59
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorricane View Post
he does the same thing in spanish.. he takes himself to damn serious...

But isn't that respectable and positive? When it comes time to work he's all business. We've seen his playful side on HBO's 24/7. He's not always stoic.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #60
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You can take any fighter and shit on them so,this topic is just bait..

People can say Ali-was a dirty fighter,cheated and was knocked down by bums

People can say Duran-Was a quitter and lost to most of the elite fighters of his time

People can say -Tyson was over rated fought no one

All entitled to opinions,there are always gonna be ones that will down play a fighter no matter what he does..As FANS we can only wish we boxed professionally,so there will be ones that their only job is to have a few fighters to bash etc..
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum