Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Cheers Lads, Just watching now.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
Liverpool82
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abertawe View Post
Did listen to the fight on the radio tonight?

Skelton had Price squirming and back tracking like a scared jack russell ffs, proved he has plenty of flaws just waiting to be exposed.

Fury does him within 2 rounds.
Back tracking slightly when Skelton tried to rough him up - but squirming definitely not mate ! Got a few shots off early on but that was to be expected ! Said from day one - first heavy right price lands it's over ! Nothing in that fight changed anything !
Liverpool82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
G Man
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Price looks great when there's nothing coming back.

He will never hold a world title, mark my words.
G Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man View Post
Price looks great when there's nothing coming back.

He will never hold a world title, mark my words.
Yep i think you may well be right pal.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #20
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 673
vCash: 1264
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool82 View Post
Back tracking slightly when Skelton tried to rough him up - but squirming definitely not mate ! Got a few shots off early on but that was to be expected ! Said from day one - first heavy right price lands it's over ! Nothing in that fight changed anything !
You're discounting the fact Price's chin is made out of glass. I've heard many times of here that Fury is also chinny, complete cobblers. Fury has been downed with flash knock downs, but his resistance is very very good, he takes a shot very akin in the way Froch does.

I've already put a substantial amount on Fury, easy money.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
Liverpool82
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
I rest the case for the defence

Price looked DREADFUL tonight against and old man nearing 50.

He literally relies on his power and when he meets fighters that just simply don't give him time to settle and throw his right and/or can take it - then he is in a whole world of trouble.

When his head snapped back twice in the first 30 seconds tonight, I feared the worse for Price.

Chisora would take this sucker out in 4 or 5 rounds.

Price cannot deal with pressure.
I agree he is relying on power - but I honestly think that will be enough for fury !
Liverpool82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
DavetheSlave
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Skelton did bum rush him, but didnt exactly land anything meaningful, the best he did was tee off a couple of shots when Prive was on the ropes with the ear muffs on.

What will be interesting to see is how Price does against a higher level fighter who just walks him down.
DavetheSlave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #23
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies



Some fantastic overreactions in this thread!! First off, what's the point in the OP? Bookies in changing odds shocker.

I enjoyed the Price looked 'dreadful' quote. He got caught by a few punches, automatically meaning he will be KO'd by Chisora. The best was Fury now KO'ing him in 2 rounds though. Yes because Fury really fights in a similar vein to Skelton doesn't he?

If Price is going to lose, it will be to a high quality pressure fighter or someone like a Klitscko who is far more advanced in their career than him. So that discounts both Fury & Chisora then, unless you're overwhelmed by bias or just not that clued up on boxing. But I have to say, I've enjoyed the hysterics and overreaction.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #24
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abertawe View Post
You're discounting the fact Price's chin is made out of glass. I've heard many times of here that Fury is also chinny, complete cobblers. Fury has been downed with flash knock downs, but his resistance is very very good, he takes a shot very akin in the way Froch does.

I've already put a substantial amount on Fury, easy money.
Fury hasn't faced a genuine puncher yet.
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #25
Liverpool82
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abertawe View Post
You're discounting the fact Price's chin is made out of glass. I've heard many times of here that Fury is also chinny, complete cobblers. Fury has been downed with flash knock downs, but his resistance is very very good, he takes a shot very akin in the way Froch does.

I've already put a substantial amount on Fury, easy money.
Just watched fury v pajkic again that's anything but a flash down ! To be fair he came back well - but if price lands the same shot its game over ! And yeah price didn't have best chin in the amateurs - but do you really class fury as a big puncher ?
Liverpool82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #26
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 673
vCash: 1264
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool82 View Post
Just watched fury v pajkic again that's anything but a flash down ! To be fair he came back well - but if price lands the same shot its game over ! And yeah price didn't have best chin in the amateurs - but do you really class fury as a big puncher ?
He's enough of a puncher to end Price
Abertawe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #27
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 1229
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post


Some fantastic overreactions in this thread!! First off, what's the point in the OP? Bookies in changing odds shocker.

I enjoyed the Price looked 'dreadful' quote. He got caught by a few punches, automatically meaning he will be KO'd by Chisora. The best was Fury now KO'ing him in 2 rounds though. Yes because Fury really fights in a similar vein to Skelton doesn't he?

If Price is going to lose, it will be to a high quality pressure fighter or someone like a Klitscko who is far more advanced in their career than him. So that discounts both Fury & Chisora then, unless you're overwhelmed by bias or just not that clued up on boxing. But I have to say, I've enjoyed the hysterics and overreaction.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 75
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abertawe View Post

I've already put a substantial amount on Fury, easy money.
Dont talk pish pal, who the **** puts money on a fight when its still potentially years away.
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #29
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 673
vCash: 1264
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboy86 View Post
Dont talk pish pal, who the **** puts money on a fight when its still potentially years away.
Because after Fury beats Kingpin the odds will plummet you plum. You haven't grasped the concept of trading I take it
Abertawe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yep i think you may well be right pal.
He has that awkward stiff legged, head back defence when hes attacked...thats fine and dandy against a smaller fighter but someone who is taller than he is will have the lad in real trouble. Power isn't everything, look at Earnie Shavers, if you can't box on the back foot when put under any sort of pressure then you are in real trouble against just a decent fighter.

I can't see Price winning a world title, he's got "traditional horizontal British heavyweight" written all over him.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013