Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

He could REALLY CRACK, (He wasn't called THE BUTCHER BOY for nothing) His right was straight-as-string and could end a fight with one shot.

He was a stiff-as-board boxer/puncher. With his hair parted down the middle, he looked like a throwback to the '20s & '30s.

He was thrilling, knowing he could lower the boom any second.

Any of you guys have any recollections of him?
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,750
vCash: 500
Default Re: you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
He could REALLY CRACK, (He wasn't called THE BUTCHER BOY for nothing) His right was straight-as-string and could end a fight with one shot.

He was a stiff-as-board boxer/puncher. With his hair parted down the middle, he looked like a throwback to the '20s & '30s.

He was thrilling, knowing he could lower the boom any second.

Any of you guys have any recollections of him?
I sure do jg. I saw Bucceroni on tv a few times and he had a booming right hand. I also saw Bucceroni at MSG where he fought the tough and rugged southpaw Irish Bob Murphy who stopped the more talented but less rugged
Bucceroni...A real barn burner that fight was...Bucceroni stepped up to the heavyweights but didn't do too well losing to Roland LaStarza and Hurricane Jackson...Today with his punching power he might have won the LHW title...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Joe E
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit,Mi.
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
I sure do jg. I saw Bucceroni on tv a few times and he had a booming right hand. I also saw Bucceroni at MSG where he fought the tough and rugged southpaw Irish Bob Murphy who stopped the more talented but less rugged
Bucceroni...A real barn burner that fight was...Bucceroni stepped up to the heavyweights but didn't do too well losing to Roland LaStarza and Hurricane Jackson...Today with his punching power he might have won the LHW title...
Didnt he fight Marciano?
Joe E is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Joe E
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit,Mi.
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Joe E is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,750
vCash: 500
Default Re: you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe E View Post
Didnt he fight Marciano?
Joe, you are mixing Bucceroni up with Carmine Vingo, who I saw being brutally kod by Marciano in 1949 at MSG...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Joe E
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit,Mi.
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Joe, you are mixing Bucceroni up with Carmine Vingo, who I saw being brutally kod by Marciano in 1949 at MSG...
Ah, OK Bert, thanks.
Joe E is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Joe E
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit,Mi.
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: you guys remember Dan Bucceroni, a Philly heavy in the '40s 'n early '50s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe E View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Looks like he had a good record and KO % Losing to La Starza, Jackson, and Murphy. No shame there.
Joe E is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013