Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #481
TonyCamonte
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 10000
Default Re: Joan Guzman vs. Khabib Allakhverdiev RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
So lets review this night shall we. We found a channel which literally would be in Undercover Brother as a tool of the man, and on that channel we watched the worst camera work ever done on a series of fights that were separated by 45 minutes worth of a advertisments and documentary footage about a ****ing promotional company. We had a child/midget lady sing the national anthem. We had the Russian National anthem swaped with Khabib's entrance music and none of the A/V asswipes even realized the problem. We then had washed up gangster rapper DMX rap Guzman's way to the ring using the only song anybody ever ****ing remembers from him which is about 10 years old now, and had to be pulled from the ring because he didn't know when to STFU. Also the CEO of Aquinity looks like a bald Tommy Vercetti. And the main event ended with Guzman losing after an hour of buildup by Aquinity.
And in the end the only one likable after that abomination of a show won his biggest fight to date... that's a positive to take away for me.
War Allakhverdiev!
TonyCamonte is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #482
The Akbar One
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRocka1 View Post
Watch it again, Guzman intentionally rolled himself to the ground, possibly hurting himself. Then again, he continued fighting without complain. As ref starts again, Khabib rushes him, clearly hurts him and Guzman quickly takes a knee.

Guzman definitely faked injury, IMHO.
Not at all. He's not the type to fake it. He had gotten back into the fight with his boxing. He could have told the ref he couldn't go anymore when he first went down. He didn't, he limped back out and tried to fight through it. Allakhverdiev didn't seem to land anything of significance when he bumrushed him either.

Guzman is hard to watch now days. He doesn't have the elusive reflexes he had in his younger days, yet he still stands in and tries to fight on the inside. Something as simple as stepping back and boxing from the outside effectively as he was doing the last couple rounds, should have been done right from the start.
The Akbar One is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #483
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Nah, that's technically Guzman should watch where he's going. It isn't like Khabib thrust his leg far out in his way to trip him up.
I didn't make the rules. If Guzman tripped over his shoe lace you'd be right.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #484
FistsOfFury
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Major boxing events tend to be on Saturday nights...this isn't new.
I thought it was Saturday for some reason!
FistsOfFury is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #485
Боксёр
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 102

Funeka should have taken his undefeated record some fights ago, about time he lost.
Боксёр is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #486
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
So lets review this night shall we. We found a channel which literally would be in Undercover Brother as a tool of the man, and on that channel we watched the worst camera work ever done on a series of fights that were separated by 45 minutes worth of a advertisments and documentary footage about a ****ing promotional company. We had a child/midget lady sing the national anthem. We had the Russian National anthem swaped with Khabib's entrance music and none of the A/V asswipes even realized the problem. We then had washed up gangster rapper DMX rap Guzman's way to the ring using the only song anybody ever ****ing remembers from him which is about 10 years old now, and had to be pulled from the ring because he didn't know when to STFU. Also the CEO of Aquinity looks like a bald Tommy Vercetti. And the main event ended with Guzman losing after an hour of buildup by Aquinity.
WTF DMX was rapping Guzman out tonight? Can't believe I missed that shit. Did he do party up?
qwert is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #487
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

It sure wasn't an HBO production,thats for sure.What shitty company had the nerve to show that garbage on an obscure tv channel?
I was very suspicious of Guzmans "injury" as well.He was looking for an honorable way out in my opinion.Good win for the Ruskie,who may have been robbed by the judges had it gone the distance,no way that was a one point victory.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #488
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

What happened??
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #489
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
What happened??
Khabib was not given credit for two knockdowns, and just looked like the ref was favoring Guzman. Guzman was complaining about his knee and time was halted until he felt ready to continue, but it looked suspect. Don't know, maybe he was hurt. Fight was stopped when a doctor came in and asked Guzman some questions and looked at the knee. I thought Guzman was going to get the decision or it would be called a draw, robbing the Russian from a well deserved victory.

To my surprise, the proper decision was announced. Guzman was on his way to getting Knocked out! Allakhverdiev was there to win and had no respect for anything Guzman had.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #490
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
Khabib was not given credit for two knockdowns, and just looked like the ref was favoring Guzman. Guzman was complaining about his knee and time was halted until he felt ready to continue, but it looked suspect. Don't know, maybe he was hurt. Fight was stopped when a doctor came in and asked Guzman some questions and looked at the knee. I thought Guzman was going to get the decision or it would be called a draw, robbing the Russian from a well deserved victory.

To my surprise, the proper decision was announced. Guzman was on his way to getting Knocked out! Allakhverdiev was there to win and had no respect for anything Guzman had.
THX bro.
I'm gonna look for this "online" now.
Appreciated.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #491
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Broner is next
Forza is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #492
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Saw the fight today. Allakhverdiev looked good and seems to be a good addition to the already awfully packed 140 division. I'd love to see him go toe to toe with Matthysse although I can't see Allakh sustain his pressure for 12 rounds. I'm glad weight cheater Guzman is off the picture for now and given his age possibly ever.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #493
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
YES
YES
YES
YSE
YSE
YES
YES
YES!!!!

**** you and that fake ass 0 Guzman.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #494
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
WTF DMX was rapping Guzman out tonight? Can't believe I missed that shit. Did he do party up?
I think it was:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Of course the Audio was so ****ing bad on show that I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Russian Anthem playing underneath this.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #495
WildStyle
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Guz Riddance.
WildStyle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum