Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who's been Pacquiao's most Prime opponent?
Timothy Bradley 49 29.70%
Juan Manuel Marquez (Fight 3) 4 2.42%
Antonio Margarito 3 1.82%
Miguel Cotto 12 7.27%
Ricky Hatton 1 0.61%
Marco Antonio Barrera 28 16.97%
Erik Morales (Fight 1) 21 12.73%
Juan Manuel Marquez (Fights 1 & 2) 47 28.48%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who has been Pacquiao's most "Prime" opponent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
man you're a ****ing clown. No way Cotto was as in his prime as undefeated Bradley or Marquez in the first 2 fights.
+1

Cotto was in the absolute worst stage of his career against Pacquiao. Even three years later, I think he's clearly in better form. The Margarito beatdown was fresh in his mind, he was coming off of a grueling arguable loss to Clottey, his stance and skills were all out of sorts, and while he wasn't badly drained, 145 wasn't his optimal weight. Oh, and Joe ****ing Santiago was "training him" - which really means Miguel was training himself

Bradley was clearly in better form than Cotto was in 2009. I think Bradley is smack-dab in the middle of his physical and mental prime as a fighter.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
+1

Cotto was in the absolute worst stage of his career against Pacquiao. Even three years later, I think he's clearly in better form. The Margarito beatdown was fresh in his mind, he was coming off of a grueling arguable loss to Clottey, his stance and skills were all out of sorts, and while he wasn't badly drained, 145 wasn't his optimal weight. Oh, and Joe ****ing Santiago was "training him" - which really means Miguel was training himself

Bradley was clearly in better form than Cotto was in 2009. I think Bradley is smack-dab in the middle of his physical and mental prime as a fighter.
you feel me

and I'm not saying Cotto was shot or anything or even drained. But to say he was as in his prime as Bradley is just
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Bradley, Marquez, and Barrera.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

It's David Diaz... No ?.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #20
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
man you're a ****ing clown. No way Cotto was as in his prime as undefeated Bradley or Marquez in the first 2 fights.
yeah cause cotto suddenly went unprime at 27/28 years of age? let me guess, cotto is prime again now? lol
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #21
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
It's David Diaz... No ?.
certainly, he fought them, ledwaba and sasakul in their primes.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
yeah cause cotto suddenly went unprime at 27/28 years of age? let me guess, cotto is prime again now? lol
you're such a dumbass. Here's the question

Quote:
Who has been Pacquiao's most "Prime" opponent?
you're implying Cotto was more or as much in his prime as Bradley and Marquez
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #23
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Quote:

are you ****ing kidding me? you're the idiot who thinks a fighters prime is based on age.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
you're such a dumbass. Here's the question

you're implying Cotto was more or as much in his prime as Bradley and Marquez
cotto's prime is from 2007-2009. around at his prime weight and at his physical peak. there is no such evidence that cotto is not in his utmost prime during that period. even that version of cotto who fought margo, clottey and pac would have beat the version of bradley that pac fought. don't get too emotional just because your opinion is not shared by everyone.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
+1

Hmmmnnn, I should probably say 1 of the worst beatings in his career (at an age 28 or 29). He may have just looked bad in that fight but based on the beatings.

He may not look like in best 'form' but speaking of shape, he just looked like the one against Malignaggi @ 140.

Time may had been against him but that doesn't take away what he was or should be. That Cotto was no different.

So there's a wide consideration among these too.
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #26
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
cotto's prime is from 2007-2009. around at his prime weight and at his physical peak. there is no such evidence that cotto is not in his utmost prime during that period. even that version of cotto who fought margo, clottey and pac would have beat the version of bradley that pac fought. don't get too emotional just because your opinion is not shared by everyone.

maybbe you should watch cotto's fights. That's the dumbest thing ive ever heard. You obviosly cant tell the difference when it was so obvious he wasnt the same after the margarito fight.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #27
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
oh.......... my.......... God

There's is absolutely no hope for you. Pacquiao's balls are so deep down your throat, it seems like it's impossible for anybody to possibly pull them out
I'm truly sorry man. I didn't know things got this bad. I kinda hope Pac wins next week because I'm afraid what would happen to you
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #28
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
are you ****ing kidding me? you're the idiot who thinks a fighters prime is based on age.
it's not only based on age but other factors like physical peak, skills and technique. but it's safe to say that at around the age of 27/28 is where a fighter is not too young and not too old. so are you saying that cotto's prime is at LWW? LMW?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #29
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
it's not only based on age but other factors like physical peak, skills and technique. but it's safe to say that at around the age of 27/28 is where a fighter is not too young and not too old. so are you saying that cotto's prime is at LWW? LMW?

course not, his physical peak ended as well as his mentality as an undefeated fighter is gone. But this version is better than the cotto that fought pacquiao. At least he had a trainer, better mentality than when he fought pac.

you can't be serious this is honestly just to say that pacquiao defeated the better cotto than mayweather. The truth is both guys never beat him at his prime but the conditions were much better for cotto at 154 when he fought floyd.

His physical prime was before the margarito fight, from the start of his welterweight reign to margarito. While he was at his best against margarito
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #30
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
maybbe you should watch cotto's fights. That's the dumbest thing ive ever heard. You obviosly cant tell the difference when it was so obvious he wasnt the same after the margarito fight.
lol cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter. what's the difference betwen the cotto of margarito fight and the one against pac is more of a tentative cotto. physically, they are not too far off. maybe he is more concerned with punches but not much diffetence. he even learned to clinch against pac which he never did against margo.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum