Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #121
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Sam Soliman to announce next opponent tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
When the grubby man boobed midge can't take it, it stoops to levels only he can reach.
You wonder why everyone hates you.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #122
Gangnam
Journeyman

vCash: 75

Smart move by Sturm if true.
Gangnam is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #123
OSKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

So I take it if Sturm wins over Sammy and Geale wins ove Mundine.......then there is a possibility of Geale vs Sturm in Aus?
OSKA is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #124
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Wow, rich coming from perhaps the dumbest **** I've ever seen on a forum.

The man boobed midge still hasn't worked out that Cameron was chasing a fight with Green for over 2 years. Most peoples pet turtle even knew.

The vast majority of users here agree that you are the dumbest cunt here, yet you have the audacity to question my and others $$ figure for Sammys fight.
Do you even have a brain?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #125
sk83

vCash: 500

250-300,000 is what he's getting. Fact! Shit sam got 40,000 for Lorenzo fight in Geelong. Would not be risking #1 ranking otherwise
sk83 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #126
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

what a load of sht, if Sam got paid 40k for ther Lorenzo fight the promoter would have LOST money, there were only 4 pro fights on the fcking card, how do you raise 40k in tickets just to pay one fighter.

As for risking his #1 Rank, getting paid something is better than getting paid nothing isnt it? just because he has a #1 rank doesnt mean jack sht, look at someone like Nader Hamdan who had the #1 position for sometime and was in line to fight Dela Hoya, did he get paid 250-300k in order to put up his #1 ranking against an opponent.

Piss in someone elses pocket you fool.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #127
TheManBearPig
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a Sturm rematch as long as it is not in Germany.
TheManBearPig is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #128
The Spider

vCash:

Good luck to Sam Soliman picking up one of the most lucrative purses of his career
Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #129
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 415

IF Sam wins will either geale or mundine fight him? I think he will miss out again
abe01 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #130
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe01 View Post
IF Sam wins will either geale or mundine fight him? I think he will miss out again
I don't think he'll get past Sturm. But I hope I'm wrong, and at least he'll be well paid for it.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #131
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In an Interview with the German TV magazine format ‘Sport Inside’ (WDR) on Monday, the Turkish born former promoter Ahmet Öner claims to have bought Felix Sturm’s WBA Superchampion title two and a half years ago in an effort to salvage Sturm’s career.

Öner told Sport Inside WDR: “With this belt Sturm wasn’t obligated to make mandatory defenses. Sturm was able to fight whoever he wanted to, hand-picked opponents. That’s how he managed to pocket big paydays with his TV partner SAT1, he collected 7-figure Euro sums for each event. And that’s how Felix, over the course of five or six fights, made a nice little fortune. I assume the total sum is closer to 8-digits than not. All this was possible just because he had the “Superchampion” title; a paper title he bought. He paid a couple hundred thousand Euros, and the return on investment was huge. Without this Superchampion title he wouldn’t have had this degree of freedom to pick his opponents. And Sturm didn’t think the belt had any importance then he would never have paid so much for it in the first place.”

At that time of Sturms career, ZDF, a German TV station, did not want to broadcast his fights anymore and Sturm left the now bankrupt promotion outfit Universum Box Promotion in order to market and promote himself. That’s why he was close to being stripped of his WBA belt unless he fought one the best fighter in his division at that time, Kazakhstan-born Gennady Golovkin. The risk of losing to Golovkin, one of the most dangerous fighters of the division, also meant the risk of a setback for Sturms career. As the Superchampion, Sturm coould avoid Golovkin and wouldn’t have to face any mandatory challenger for 18 months…

Öner’s own credibility is somewhat questionable: He has a criminal record and was sentenced to 22 months of probation in 2010 for blackmail and aggravated battery. After the end of his probation period Öner now, so he says, wants to get the facts on the table because Sturm allegedly withheld payments that were guaranteed to him. As proof for his allegations Öner provided “sport inside” with a bank statement of an account of his former promotion company “Arena Promotion”. It details a transfer of 250,000 Euro made by Ufa sports, showing ‘Loan Felix Sturm’ in the payment details.

Öner alleges: “At the end of the day Sturm bought his Superchampion title, the money was wired to my account by a company called Ufa sports, which is a production company for SAT1, Sturm’s TV station. There were a number of cash payments as well but I cannot prove those; the wire transfer however is an easily verifiable fact.“

Aprox. 200,000 Euro, according to Öner, was paid to Antonio Gonzalez in March of 2010 in Panama. Based on research conducted by “Sport Inside” Gonzalez is working for the WBA and is a personal friend of WBA vice-president Gilberto Mendoza.

Attorney Raffael Villena from Hamburg, Germany, claims to have been the courier who performed the transaction in Panama. Villena: “We have met with Mr. Gonzalez, an American lawyer, in the lobby of a hotel. We went up to a hotel suite that they have previously arranged in order to perform the transaction. The money, approx. 200,000 Euro, was given to Mr. Gonzalez who signed a receipt certifying he received the full amount.”

Three weeks after the money transfer allegedly took place the Superchampion belt was given to Sturm during a boxing event organized by Öner and Gonzalez. After that, Sturm’s TV station SAT1 broadcast a total of six fight nights while Ufa sports marketed the worldwide TV rights. Among boxing analysts Sturm’s WBA Superchampionship has been heavily criticized from the start, because the WBA rules always required a title unification in order to issue the Superchampion belt. Sturm never was a unified champion, he always only had the WBA belt. UFA sports, Antonio Gonzalez and the WBA did not return phone calls from “sport Inside” to comment on Öner’s allegations.

In a reply to “Sport Inside”, Felix Sturm’s lawyer claims the transfer of 250,000 Euro made by Ufa sports to Öner was supposed to be a loan for Öner in order to kickstart his new boxing promotion company Sturm Promotion. However, no contract for this supposed loan exists. Felix Sturm is not aware of any money transfer in Panama. Quoting from the letter sent by Sturm’s lawyer: “Mr. Sturm is familiar with Mr. Gonzalez, who is an attourney (…), who (…) initiated the request to elevate Mr. Sturm to the status of a Superchampion with the WBA. For his counseling in this matter and the preparation of documents Mr. Sturm paid a lump sum of 5,000 Euro to Mr. Gonzalez, who signed a receipt for this amount.”

A copy of the receipt was not provided to “Sport Inside”. However, sport inside was provided with a written memo by WBA vice-president Mendoza addressed to Felix Sturm:

“I, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, (…) declare, that the WBA declared Felix Sturm Superchampion exclusively based upon his extraordinary boxing career . (…) That is why I personally declare, that neither the WBA nor I personally received any monetary or material compensation in connection with Mr. Sturm’s Superchampion title.”
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #132
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

People who think Soliman is only getting 50k To fight Sturm need to wake the f..k up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
In an Interview with the German TV magazine format ‘Sport Inside’ (WDR) on Monday, the Turkish born former promoter Ahmet Öner claims to have bought Felix Sturm’s WBA Superchampion title two and a half years ago in an effort to salvage Sturm’s career.

Öner told Sport Inside WDR: “With this belt Sturm wasn’t obligated to make mandatory defenses. Sturm was able to fight whoever he wanted to, hand-picked opponents. That’s how he managed to pocket big paydays with his TV partner SAT1, he collected 7-figure Euro sums for each event. And that’s how Felix, over the course of five or six fights, made a nice little fortune. I assume the total sum is closer to 8-digits than not. All this was possible just because he had the “Superchampion” title; a paper title he bought. He paid a couple hundred thousand Euros, and the return on investment was huge. Without this Superchampion title he wouldn’t have had this degree of freedom to pick his opponents. And Sturm didn’t think the belt had any importance then he would never have paid so much for it in the first place.”

At that time of Sturms career, ZDF, a German TV station, did not want to broadcast his fights anymore and Sturm left the now bankrupt promotion outfit Universum Box Promotion in order to market and promote himself. That’s why he was close to being stripped of his WBA belt unless he fought one the best fighter in his division at that time, Kazakhstan-born Gennady Golovkin. The risk of losing to Golovkin, one of the most dangerous fighters of the division, also meant the risk of a setback for Sturms career. As the Superchampion, Sturm coould avoid Golovkin and wouldn’t have to face any mandatory challenger for 18 months…

Öner’s own credibility is somewhat questionable: He has a criminal record and was sentenced to 22 months of probation in 2010 for blackmail and aggravated battery. After the end of his probation period Öner now, so he says, wants to get the facts on the table because Sturm allegedly withheld payments that were guaranteed to him. As proof for his allegations Öner provided “sport inside” with a bank statement of an account of his former promotion company “Arena Promotion”. It details a transfer of 250,000 Euro made by Ufa sports, showing ‘Loan Felix Sturm’ in the payment details.

Öner alleges: “At the end of the day Sturm bought his Superchampion title, the money was wired to my account by a company called Ufa sports, which is a production company for SAT1, Sturm’s TV station. There were a number of cash payments as well but I cannot prove those; the wire transfer however is an easily verifiable fact.“

Aprox. 200,000 Euro, according to Öner, was paid to Antonio Gonzalez in March of 2010 in Panama. Based on research conducted by “Sport Inside” Gonzalez is working for the WBA and is a personal friend of WBA vice-president Gilberto Mendoza.

Attorney Raffael Villena from Hamburg, Germany, claims to have been the courier who performed the transaction in Panama. Villena: “We have met with Mr. Gonzalez, an American lawyer, in the lobby of a hotel. We went up to a hotel suite that they have previously arranged in order to perform the transaction. The money, approx. 200,000 Euro, was given to Mr. Gonzalez who signed a receipt certifying he received the full amount.”

Three weeks after the money transfer allegedly took place the Superchampion belt was given to Sturm during a boxing event organized by Öner and Gonzalez. After that, Sturm’s TV station SAT1 broadcast a total of six fight nights while Ufa sports marketed the worldwide TV rights. Among boxing analysts Sturm’s WBA Superchampionship has been heavily criticized from the start, because the WBA rules always required a title unification in order to issue the Superchampion belt. Sturm never was a unified champion, he always only had the WBA belt. UFA sports, Antonio Gonzalez and the WBA did not return phone calls from “sport Inside” to comment on Öner’s allegations.

In a reply to “Sport Inside”, Felix Sturm’s lawyer claims the transfer of 250,000 Euro made by Ufa sports to Öner was supposed to be a loan for Öner in order to kickstart his new boxing promotion company Sturm Promotion. However, no contract for this supposed loan exists. Felix Sturm is not aware of any money transfer in Panama. Quoting from the letter sent by Sturm’s lawyer: “Mr. Sturm is familiar with Mr. Gonzalez, who is an attourney (…), who (…) initiated the request to elevate Mr. Sturm to the status of a Superchampion with the WBA. For his counseling in this matter and the preparation of documents Mr. Sturm paid a lump sum of 5,000 Euro to Mr. Gonzalez, who signed a receipt for this amount.”

A copy of the receipt was not provided to “Sport Inside”. However, sport inside was provided with a written memo by WBA vice-president Mendoza addressed to Felix Sturm:

“I, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, (…) declare, that the WBA declared Felix Sturm Superchampion exclusively based upon his extraordinary boxing career . (…) That is why I personally declare, that neither the WBA nor I personally received any monetary or material compensation in connection with Mr. Sturm’s Superchampion title.”
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #133
the_man

250k-
the_man is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #134
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

..good on him..take the payday..he's earned it...
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #135
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I have little idea how much most fighters get paid, but even a monkey would have to think Sammy will earn more than 100k for this fight.
So it's likely much more.
Quote:
100k, farkn no clue honestly lol
Well, you were right to a point, but it looks like I was too low, ****wit.

Do you even follow boxing?
Quote:
Piss in someone elses pocket you fool.
Practise what you preach, ****wit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
People who think Soliman is only getting 50k To fight Sturm need to wake the f..k up.

Man boobed midge, owned again.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum