Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #16
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773
Default Re: Whos the number one fighter toe to toe? Just power and chin? and maybe endurance

Henry Armstrong ! ?
I'm surprised seeing that Henry Armstrong isn't up much he fought exacly like what your asking just chin and punching.... He fought toe to toe non stop punches. He had unlimited stamina and i believe could outlast anyone, the reason i havn't said Greb is because he threw punches from angles and i don't believe he would be very effective if he couldn't go past the white line.

If heavyweight though i would agree with Foreman he would suit it well because
-His height would prevent uppercuts he can get the better leverage.
-Toe to toe is perfect for his wild style of punching

And definatley Marvin Hagler aswell see Vitor Antuofermo fight

But p4p It has to be Henry Armstrong,
Theron is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Whos the number one fighter toe to toe? Just power and chin? and maybe endurance

Julio Cesar Chavez.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #18
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Whos the number one fighter toe to toe? Just power and chin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
Its simply hitting each other in the head full power as fast and as hard as you can as the other guy does the same to you till someone goes to sleep, I dont think stamina would come into it unless you were facing someone with a ridiculous chin like Ali/ Holyfield, those guys might beat a guy like george on stamina if george punches himself out and if they had enough power to put george away!?

This is not P4P primarily but u can give your answer p4p if you wish. John L sulivan as good as he was at his size would get KOTFO by big george forman as im sure you all know already.
A simpleton's perspective. Thank you for contributing!
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #19
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
honestly, you pit those two toe to toe: foreman vs sullivan and who comes out on top?
What advantage does a supposedly prime Foreman carry?

Height and reach? Yes. Speed? No. Ferocity? I doubt it. Power? Debatable.

Sullivan certainly tamed his era much more thoroughly and emphatically than did Foreman. Sullivan was also not a small man, a shade under 6 foot and around 200 pounds when trained hard. Speed and finesse he was noted for when Foreman was only noted for power.

Look at Foreman's record, pre-Frazier, a goddamned list of tomato cans as long as your arm. He defended twice including once against some member of royalty named Roman, and then faded into Bolivian. That is the legacy of prime Foreman. Do you really want to compare that to how Sullivan owned the world of pugilism?
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #20
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535

trolololol
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #21
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
what advantage does a supposedly prime foreman carry?

Height and reach? Yes. Speed? No. Ferocity? I doubt it. Power? Debatable.

Sullivan certainly tamed his era much more thoroughly and emphatically than did foreman. Sullivan was also not a small man, a shade under 6 foot and around 200 pounds when trained hard. Speed and finesse he was noted for when foreman was only noted for power.

Look at foreman's record, pre-frazier, a goddamned list of tomato cans as long as your arm. He defended twice including once against some member of royalty named roman, and then faded into bolivian. That is the legacy of prime foreman. Do you really want to compare that to how sullivan owned the world of pugilism?

power? Debatable! Lol

lets debate that shall we.

You are saying john l sulivan that has a serious weight disadvantage strength disadvantage and a speed advantage hits harder than forman one of the hardest hitters of all time.

With that logic tyson has a speed disadvantage to pacman and so its debatable whether he hits as hard.
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #22
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

For me it's between 3 men.

Foreman
Tyson
Louis

Foreman is the hardest hitter but in terms of speed and accuracy the other two shit all over him so probably land more frequent thus negating the power edge.

Tyson might be a shade quicker than Louis but his timing and accuracy is about even as is the power. The biggest difference though has to be in stamina. Louis could carry his power all night long and carried it further than Tyson ever fought for. As Tyson tires Louis will not, his punches will still have snap on them and consequently will knock Mike out.

Louis wins it for me.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #23
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

p4p? Battling Nelson. He was tireless and you'd break your hands on his head.

Harry Greb. He'd hit you so fast you'd be off balance the whole time, unable to get the proper leverage to land your power shots. When you DID land, he could take it, no prob.

Overall? Tyson would destroy Foreman. He would land 3 punches to every one and all 3 would be KO shots.

Liston stops GF, too.
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #24
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

If two fighters just start trading shots standing in front of each other with zero movement and defence?
Randall Cobb
Mccall
Tua
Ike
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #25
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Is it? What if foreman couldnt KO Ali no matter how hard and how many times he hit ali in the head, and what if Alis average punches were enough to crack georges chin, then maybe ali beats george. Its a difficult question, it may not be possible to answer, I think it would be the guys with the strongest chins rather than the strongest punches that prevail and then if you have two guys with weak punches and granite chins it would come down to endurance/ a stalemate/ a draw.

My bet is an Ali - Tex Cobb stalemate draw.
Cobb would beat Ali if it was just standing in front of each other.

And don't twist my words that I said Cobb is a better boxer than Ali because I didn't/
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #26
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Cobb wouldn't ever beat Ali.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #27
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Cobb wouldn't ever beat Ali.
Standing in front of each other totally without defence just 2 guys trading blows for shit and giggles, Cobb would have the advantage there.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #28
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Armstrong.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #29
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
So two fighters just punching each other in the head without moving off a marked white line till the weaker one falls.
That's not what fighters do, even when going toe to toe, it's not just power and chin, speed and technique is just as important even toe to toe
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #30
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
That's not what fighters do, even when going toe to toe, it's not just power and chin, speed and technique is just as important even toe to toe
That's what ts was asking, and that's why there are strange answers...
This thread is actually pretty useless.
dyna is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum