richoxenham is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #17
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matt Skelton

I agree his effort alone deserves applauds. He wants to act and have a role in eastenders, someone give him a job in walford, im sure winston and patrick could do with another mate..lol
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #18
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I wasn't a fan. Ugly fighting style and didn't he get done for some driving of fences and say Somrthing like 'don't you know who I am?'
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #19
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

yeah my three favourite fighters when I first got into boxing were Skelton, Hatton and Calzaghe. I'll never forget watching skelton vs williams on tv, only at european level but one of the best fights i've ever seen.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #20
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Whether he's 45 or 49 the guys past his prime and has been for a while yet he came in there tonight and give it a right go. I think the way the towel came in Saunders and him knew they had little chance but wanted once last go at glory.

He was brave and bold and showed up efforts from likes of Sam ***ton IMO. I've been a fan of Matt for a long time, I dunno always found his mauling style funny and interesting.

The way he showed no respect to anyone and loved a ruck. I think he's shown what hard work can do. The true definition of ''giving it a go''.

I hope he has a happy retirement if he is to do so. I will never forget the night he thought Williams and blood spurted out of his head and he gave the Bedford Bear Roar. Legend .

May not be the best fighter of all time but he gave us some good honest fights and his world title effort against Chagaev was valliant as well.

Great post Skills. I've always been a fan since his K1 days. Always the warrior, always up for it despite the odds usually being stacked against him, what more do we want from a fighter!

Wish him every success for the future.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #21
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Can't stand the ****er. He makes for dull, mauling fights and I was delighted when light-punching Rogan stopped him. It should have a been the end for him then, but somehow he's continued to bore the hell out of audiences since.

Good riddance.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #22
Your Out!
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Can't stand the ****er. He makes for dull, mauling fights and I was delighted when light-punching Rogan stopped him. It should have a been the end for him then, but somehow he's continued to bore the hell out of audiences since.

Good riddance.
Totally agree.....he's done nothing for boxing and in fact killed TV coverage when he fought Sprott which was the most boring fight of the decade. This stoppage was set up its obvious just watch the replay. Probably went like this " when I look at you in the corner throw the towel in!!! But do it quick!" He knew a concussive KO was coming anytime and he took the easy body shot route out. Don't blame him really, just take the money off the dwarf and run!

Please retire old man. Also has he got the ugliest trainer ever that Saunders guy?
Your Out! is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #23
Malteser
Honeycomb Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post

Good riddance.
Never thought the day would come when I'd actually agree with "writer, fanatic" (he omitted w*nker for some reason) dftaylor but he's bang right with this one
Malteser is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #24
Malteser
Honeycomb Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Out! View Post
Also has he got the ugliest trainer ever that Saunders guy?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You've got a point there.
Malteser is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #25
Malteser
Honeycomb Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by richoxenham View Post
who you fink the american will b in his next fight
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

?
Malteser is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #26
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

When you look at it Matt Skelton former British, Commonwealth and European Champion and World Title Challenger.

Oh and WBU champion of the world .

Pleasure to watch him beat guys like Sprott and Williams and McDermott. He wanted and they didn't. His roar as he landed always made me chuckle.

Last night the towel came in easy, i said it in OP. Saunders knew he was on way to a hiding from then on in. No complaints really Matt probably wasn't going to make count.

Sums up the fight for Price TBH..

Oh and the best thing was Skelton's training regime in a old office block with a dartboard .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #27
Your Out!
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
When you look at it Matt Skelton former British, Commonwealth and European Champion and World Title Challenger.

Oh and WBU champion of the world .

Pleasure to watch him beat guys like Sprott and Williams and McDermott. He wanted and they didn't. His roar as he landed always made me chuckle.

Last night the towel came in easy, i said it in OP. Saunders knew he was on way to a hiding from then on in. No complaints really Matt probably wasn't going to make count.

Sums up the fight for Price TBH..

Oh and the best thing was Skelton's training regime in a old office block with a dartboard .
Maybe that should have been his career instead? 180!!!!!!! Imagine him grunting everytime he threw a dart!!!! Bet he'd still be boring doing that.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #28
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Maybe that should have been his career instead? 180!!!!!!! Imagine him grunting everytime he threw a dart!!!! Bet he'd still be boring doing that.
I never found him that boring TBH. He wanted a tear up and guys like Sprott wanted no part of it. He had some entertaining battles for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #29
Your Out!
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yes guess some were entertaining but he was the worse British and Euro HW champ this decade!!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #30
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yes guess some were entertaining but he was the worse British and Euro HW champ this decade!!
Personally i have to disagree on that there was Mike Holden and Gammer who were far worse IMO and European title wise i'd say Sosnowski and Saleta wasn't much either. Both average guys but Skelton was slightly better IMO.

But can understand where your coming from .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum