Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #31
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bute-Edwin Rodriguez: March HBO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dece Bal View Post
Dangerous?

Bute's already been destroyed, not just beaten. 'Dangerous' doesn't come into it anymore.

What Bute needs to prove in the remaining few fights of his career is that he is a bone-fide world class fighter. Losing doesn't matter anymore. What matters is the level of performance against other world class fighters.

I disagree that Pascal would be an easy, confidence-boosting fight for Bute.

But I think Bute needs to only fight proven world-class fighters from now on until retirement.
I neve said it's gonna be easy, I said it will be a confidence boosting fight in Bute's mind mostly because Pascal would be regarded as a world class fighter and probably a favorite and also because he will feel he beat a great fighter as good as Froch if not better.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
Co-sign. I'd throw in Pascal-Dawson II as well.

MMMMMMMMMMMMuppetpoundingfrunkskunkermotherskrimpingflip!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'd be betting on Pascal...this time.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
I saw him in 3 fights, didn't looked to me like he hits very hard, he lost his fight against Rosinsky but Judges gave it to him on points
Yeah, there really isn't anything that stands out about Rodriguez to me. He's not especially fast, he doesn't seem to hit especially hard, has some craft but it's not like he's extraordinarily craft....he just seems workmanlike more than anything else. And he's still just a prospect. A fight with Rodriguez would be far less dangerous than other fights. However, it is still dangerous to a degree judging based on Bute's post-Froch performance.

It's hard to say just how hard Rodriguez punches. Don George is a guy that can take an inhuman amount of punishment. Aaron Pryor Jr. has a tendency to stay on his feet against a lot of quality guys (Adonis Stevenson notwithstanding). Obviously, Escalara is kind of a throwaway fight, he's not in that kind of class.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #34
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchfortheHook View Post
Yeah, there really isn't anything that stands out about Rodriguez to me. He's not especially fast, he doesn't seem to hit especially hard, has some craft but it's not like he's extraordinarily craft....he just seems workmanlike more than anything else. And he's still just a prospect. A fight with Rodriguez would be far less dangerous than other fights. However, it is still dangerous to a degree judging based on Bute's post-Froch performance.

It's hard to say just how hard Rodriguez punches. Don George is a guy that can take an inhuman amount of punishment. Aaron Pryor Jr. has a tendency to stay on his feet against a lot of quality guys (Adonis Stevenson notwithstanding). Obviously, Escalara is kind of a throwaway fight, he's not in that kind of class.
Done George was beat by Francisco Sierra who should be listed in dictionary at the word "Bum". A guy who got beat by every half-decent prospect climbing the ranks.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #35
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorConte View Post
Bute back on cabbie duty,just like Kessler
Rodriguez is faaaaaaaaarrrrrr better than anyone Green has beaten. And if Bute were to fight Green, he'd likely be ridden harder than a teenage hooker for it.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #36
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Aaron Pryor Jr after Rodriguez beat a shot to pieces Andrade, and lost 4 consecutive bout's all against good up-and-comers prospect, but still lost them. So Aaron Pryor Jr wasn't a fighter good enough to be competitive with the new crop of prospects.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #37
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dece Bal View Post
Dangerous?

Bute's already been destroyed, not just beaten. 'Dangerous' doesn't come into it anymore.

What Bute needs to prove in the remaining few fights of his career is that he is a bone-fide world class fighter. Losing doesn't matter anymore. What matters is the level of performance against other world class fighters.

I disagree that Pascal would be an easy, confidence-boosting fight for Bute.

But I think Bute needs to only fight proven world-class fighters from now on until retirement.
This is it.

A Rodriguez fight would be OK if Bute was younger and fighting at least 4 times a year.

Now it's a matter of testing yourself til' the end.

Good to hear from you Decebal
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #38
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Done George was beat by Francisco Sierra who should be listed in dictionary at the word "Bum". A guy who got beat by every half-decent prospect climbing the ranks.
Quote:
Aaron Pryor Jr after Rodriguez beat a shot to pieces Andrade, and lost 4 consecutive bout's all against good up-and-comers prospect, but still lost them. So Aaron Pryor Jr wasn't a fighter good enough to be competitive with the new crop of prospects.
Right.

The point was it's hard to say how hard Rodriguez hits. Not saying Don George is awesome! Or Aaron Pryor Jr. is really starting to take after his father!

No, the point was Don George can take in an absurd amount of punishment. The fight against Sierra shouldn't have lasted as long as it did and George went into the fight with a broken nose to begin with. The fight against Stevenson he took in an absurd amount of punishment as well and most fighters taking that kind of punishment wouldn't have made it to the last round.

As for Aaron Pryor Jr. the point with him is that he's faced up and comers and Librado Andrade and only touched canvas against Stevenson whom many suspect might be the hardest puncher in the division.

So, how can you really tell how hard he punches? He doesn't punch as hard as Stevenson. Doesn't have Froch or Kessler punching power. But I suspect that he isn't feather fisted and I suspect that he's not risk free for Bute given his lackluster performance against a wholly inexperienced Grachev.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #39
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Right.

The point was it's hard to say how hard Rodriguez hits. Not saying Don George is awesome! Or Aaron Pryor Jr. is really starting to take after his father!

No, the point was Don George can take in an absurd amount of punishment. The fight against Sierra shouldn't have lasted as long as it did and George went into the fight with a broken nose to begin with. The fight against Stevenson he took in an absurd amount of punishment as well and most fighters taking that kind of punishment wouldn't have made it to the last round.

As for Aaron Pryor Jr. the point with him is that he's faced up and comers and Librado Andrade and only touched canvas against Stevenson whom many suspect might be the hardest puncher in the division.

So, how can you really tell how hard he punches? He doesn't punch as hard as Stevenson. Doesn't have Froch or Kessler punching power. But I suspect that he isn't feather fisted and I suspect that he's not risk free for Bute given his lackluster performance against a wholly inexperienced Grachev.
If Rodriguez isn't risk free for Bute than he should just retire.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #40
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If Rodriguez isn't risk free for Bute than he should just retire.
Grachev apparently wasn't risk free. Should he retire?

Should he only be around if he can't take risks?

Now, understand, I think Bute probably takes it, because I'm not particularly high on Rodriguez. But after the beating Bute took against Froch, thats the kind of beating that you have to show something more than what he showed against Grachev to restore faith.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #41
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Grachev apparently wasn't risk free. Should he retire?

Should he only be around if he can't take risks?

Now, understand, I think Bute probably takes it, because I'm not particularly high on Rodriguez. But after the beating Bute took against Froch, thats the kind of beating that you have to show something more than what he showed against Grachev to restore faith.
Grachev Knocked Out a super hot Prospect at LHW. If Rodriguez would've KO'ed somebody like Dirrell, Grooves or Ooosztuizen then I would have talked differently about him, and admit that I underestimated him. Not the case here.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #42
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Grachev Knocked Out a super hot Prospect at LHW. If Rodriguez would've KO'ed somebody like Dirrell, Grooves or Ooosztuizen then I would have talked differently about him, and admit that I underestimated him. Not the case here.
But DID you underestimate him? For all we know Bute might never be the same and Silakh might wind up with several losses on his ledger (we don't know, he's a prospect, I think he'll probably come back). Why I favor Bute is that Rodriguez isn't an aggressive fighter...which is part of the reason I say it's hard to tell how hard he punches. He chooses more often than not to outbox guys rather than take an aggressive approach. And that's where I think Bute is going to be safe in this fight. However, Grachev KO'd a prospect and only had like 12 fights on his ledger (including a draw with the feared 11-8 Ernesto Castaneda, what were you saying about Sierra again?). Usually a former champion with 31 fights experience should basically toy with a guy like that unless he's a super-talent (which Grachev isn't). We're going to have to agree to disagree that Rodriguez poses no viable threat to Bute at all.

The good news is we actually might be able to see it in March. Hopefully Bute makes a good showing of himself and thereby makes a rematch with Froch more interesting. But he needs to SHOW it.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #43
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

I don't want Bute to chose fighters who poses no threat to him at all, I want him to test himself against Kessler or Cloud if he thinks Froch is to soon, and win if he wants to grow in experience have his pride and confidence back and increase his legacy.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #44
Elvizzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I don't want Bute to chose fighters who poses no threat to him at all, I want him to test himself against Kessler or Cloud if he thinks Froch is to soon, and win if he wants to grow in experience have his pride and confidence back and increase his legacy.
Kessler will crack that skull...
Elvizzz is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #45
technocrato
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

If Bute start fighting guys that are not that known and without a belt, I don't think people will full the Bell center anymore. Interbox won't be making much if Bute doesn't fight against world class oponent or for a belt. His last fight was quite disapointing and I am not so sure that many people would come back to see him after that performance if it against Rodriguez.

As for a Pascal-Dawson fight, I don't see the point, except for Pascal to grab a belt. Pascal beated fare and square Dawson in the first fight and showed he was much stronger and much faster that bad Chad.
technocrato is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum