Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the officiall scoring of Mayweather/Cotto?
The Judges got it right 41 45.05%
It was too onesided in Mayweather's favor 32 35.16%
It wasn't as close as the judges scored it 9 9.89%
Draw 4 4.40%
Cotto should have gotten the decision 5 5.49%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #76
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What was your personal score card for Mayweather/Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
If Marquez waits for Floyd he gets picked apart by Floyds jab. He has to attack. He's not gonna feint Mayweather into getting countered.

And really this aspect gets overrated. Marquez is at his best against Pacquiao when he gets off first. Its not so much about Marquez countering Pacquiaos punches infact when Marquez tries to counter Pac he usually lands but Pacquiao comes back with somehing that usually hurts Marquez.

Marquez is great at attacking Pacquaio when Pacquiao is out of position. Problem with Floyd he doesn't make those same mistakes Pacquaio does. So there is really nothing to counter
Outside of round 1 of fight 1, the only times Marquez has been stunned by Pacquiao is when he's gotten overly greedy and commital to throwing combinations past 3 punches.
Throwing past 3 punches means you stay in a vicintiy and or spot for to long. That gives the other guy the counter opportunity.
Thats the reason why Marquez got stunned a couple of times in fight 2.

In fight 3, Marquez there were less instances of Marquez throwing past 3 punches at a times. There were some,but they were much less frequent than fight 2.
It was by design. The gameplan was not to give Pacquiao the chance to land that big shot counter that would send Marquez down.
The result was Pacquiao did'nt have the chance as much as to even stun Marquez, much less hurt him.

Mayweather rarely gets stunned because he rarely throws past 3 punches in a row, which was the tweak Marquez made to his plan not to get planted on the canvas.
It worked! Unfortunately as Bob Arum stated, "Juan, this is a business!"
divac is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #77
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick557 View Post
So you're giving Cotto 3 rounds and you can't see how I could find one more round in the other 9 to give to Cotto.
I said 8-4 to 10-2 Floyd is fair. 8-4 if you give Cotto all the close rounds and 10-2 if you score all for Floyd.

I mean what rounds are you giving Cotto. 1? 2? 4? 5? 7? 10? 11? or 12? This are pretty clear Floyd rounds.

So that leaves 3 and 9 as the close conceivably Cotto rounds. Ok you score all for Cotto 8-4.

So I don't see how you can criticize the judges. He'll Harold Letterman gave the fifth to Cotto. Cotto slapped Floyd on ass after the round cuz he knows he got outclassed that round.

So I don't see he bias
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #78
mick557
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I said 8-4 to 10-2 Floyd is fair. 8-4 if you give Cotto all the close rounds and 10-2 if you score all for Floyd.

I mean what rounds are you giving Cotto. 1? 2? 4? 5? 7? 10? 11? or 12? This are pretty clear Floyd rounds.

So that leaves 3 and 9 as the close conceivably Cotto rounds. Ok you score all for Cotto 8-4.

So I don't see how you can criticize the judges. He'll Harold Letterman gave the fifth to Cotto. Cotto slapped Floyd on ass after the round cuz he knows he got outclassed that round.

So I don't see he bias

What are you arguing about I had it 8-4 for Floyd as well.

Bob Sheridan who I was saying was biased was doing commentary he wasn't one of the judges.
mick557 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #79
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I saw that as well.

Mayweather has an ATG poker face, but you can tell when he's been surprised or hurt if you've been following him for a long time.
Off of my last post it bring me to this one.......vs Cotto, Mayweather decided he's going to throw past 3 punches in a round. What happens?

When you open up like that, the opponent if he's pretty good, gets his chance to land his.

Now I ask? Why did Mayweather commit for to his shots and punch more in combination against Cotto than he did Marquez?????

My answer is that Mayweather did'nt respect Cotto's ability to counter him, thus he felt more secure opening up vs Cotto than he did against Marquez which countering and thinking ability Mayweather respects.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #80
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

9-3 Mayweather
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #81
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I saw that as well.

Mayweather has an ATG poker face, but you can tell when he's been surprised or hurt if you've been following him for a long time.
Definitely a "im still here" moment for Cotto. Mayweather probably thought he was breaking Cotto to and came out with his hands down. Cotto caught him wih that hook as if to say "get your gloves up son"

Also why I think Cotto outboxing Floyd that round is a little overrated. Floyd was a wee bit cloudy that round
Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #82
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick557 View Post

What are you arguing about I had it 8-4 for Floyd as well.

Bob Sheridan who I was saying was biased was doing commentary he wasn't one of the judges.
Well to sum it up I thought 2 of the judges were on the money. With 1 being a little biased. But not overwhelmingly so.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #83
LukeO
Erik Morales is God
East Side VIP

vCash: 133

119-110 Cotto
LukeO is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #84
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

118-110 Mayweather
EuroBot is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #85
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Gotta give Cotto credit for takin the beating he did in the 4th and 5th which were the rounds I expected him to concede the fight to Floyd, and coming back strong in the 6th and the 8th.

Oh and he hurt Floyd in the 6th. Floyd disguised it well but he surprised Floyd with a leaping left hook and Floyds legs werent totally there. Floyd played it off well but he was hurt no doubt in my mind. That alone puts Cotto in select company
I got called for everything after making this statement just after the bout. Good to see someone else agrees.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #86
JennaJisAhoe

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
This. I had it 5-4 in favor of Floyd going into the 10th round, then Cotto gassed as he often does late, and Floyd came on strong to win each of the last 3 rounds.
I scored it 6 rounds to 4 for Cotto with 2 rounds even. one thing is for sure: Floyd didnt win this fight. and anybody who believes the biased, ridiculous commentary, doesnt care about the truth. Cotto won. Floyd knows it. I know it. Cotto knows it.
JennaJisAhoe is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #87
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 651

I said in my op that I would not argue with any decision. I do have a question though. Some of you who had close score cards. Said something about finding rounds to give to Cotto. My question is why? Just beacuse one guy is doing good dose not mean the other guy is doing better. If boxer A. is doing better in each round than Boxer B. Shouldn't Boxer A. Get the round, no matter how well Boxer B. Might have done?
ripcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum