Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #106
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

so going by your theory, when Danny wins the vacant IBO title, does that mean he will want to fight Tarver next up?
why not? he doesnt seem to be scared of getting beaten.. i respect a fighter that takes his losses with his wins. doesnt hand pick bums, like some aussie fighters we could mention....
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #107
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Gennady Golovkin's next victim is 21-5-0 light middleweight Gabriel Rosado, January 19th.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #108
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

On what's going to be a sensational card.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #109
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

GGG advantage over most is he throws his punches at very odd angles and yes he is very heavy handed.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #110
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
GGG advantage over most is he throws his punches at very odd angles and yes he is very heavy handed.
....and very avoided.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #111
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Gennady Golovkin's next victim is 21-5-0 light middleweight Gabriel Rosado, January 19th.
Gabriel is a good fighter at light middle but hasn't had much success at middle. He loses that size advantage he has at light middle. I think he will still give GGG a good fight though.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #112
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 300
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

its gonna be a *******...GGG wins and gives the nearest hospital another patient..!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #113
TheManBearPig
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
its gonna be a *******...GGG wins and gives the nearest hospital another patient..!
**** off you stupid troll. You haven't even watched your idols fights seeing as you thought he knocked out/down Direll.
TheManBearPig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #114
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 300
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

GGG will be the biggest thing in boxing next year.....
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #115
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
On what's going to be a sensational card.
Terrific HBO tripleheader I agree. Mikey Garcia vs Salido will be terrific and when you also have Rocky Martinez vs Juan Carlos Burgos which is a fight between 2 top 10 130 pounders, could be an early FOTY candidate. Rosado is an all action fighter too who has been promoted well by Main Events this yr on NBC Sports in the US and won't die wondering against GGG!!
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #116
Dave Sands
Ebony & Ivory :)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 52
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Geale SD12 or GGG Catches him with a hand grenade late..... A lot closer then most think IMO. Everybody talking bout GGG like he's invincible, and Geale has a glass jaw.... Very close fight. Lol. Sometimes the "highly unlikely to win" fighter wins.... Think: Mike Tyson Vs James Douglas.... Mike Tyson Vs Evander Holyfield.... Marco Antonio Barrera Vs Naseem Hamed..... Thomas Hearns Vs Iran Barkley..... Joe Louis Vs Max Schmeling.... Oscar DelaHoya Vs Pacquiao.... Ali Vs Frazier..... Ali Vs Foreman.... Ali Vs Spinks..... Jack Dempsey Vs Jesse Willard.... James J Jeffries Vs Jack Johnson.... Gene Tunney Vs Harry Greb.... The list goes on.... And as history shows....When you got two good boxers in the ring.... Anything can happen.... Geale = Skill - GGG = Power..... a good match up indeed....
Dave Sands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #117
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Battery Park
Posts: 7,806
vCash: 1453
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Fat Boy - the WBA is a joke because they "insisted" that Sturm defend against Golovkin for zonks & then took no action against him when he didn't.

Within two months of Geale taking the belt off him, they strip Geale for taking a fight that is in his own & this country's best interests. That's applying a different set of rules to Geale than they applied to Sturm.

As for Geale "knowing" that he had to fight Golovkin if he won, that's disputed by the Geale camp who claim that the WBA's directive came after contracts to fight Sturm had been signed.

And if you still don't think the WBA is a joke, perhaps you could ask them to actually send Geale a belt before they attempt to strip him of it. Not sending Geale a belt for the sake of saving themselves a few bucks is a disgrace by anyone's standards.
What does the Sturm-GGG agreement have anything to do with the WBA's mandate that the winner of Sturm-Geale must fight GGG?
Don't cry over spilt milk.
fatcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #118
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Gabriel is a good fighter at light middle but hasn't had much success at middle. He loses that size advantage he has at light middle. I think he will still give GGG a good fight though.
The fight is at a catchweight of 158.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #119
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Terrific HBO tripleheader I agree. Mikey Garcia vs Salido will be terrific and when you also have Rocky Martinez vs Juan Carlos Burgos which is a fight between 2 top 10 130 pounders, could be an early FOTY candidate. Rosado is an all action fighter too who has been promoted well by Main Events this yr on NBC Sports in the US and won't die wondering against GGG!!
He is promoted by Russell Peltz. Philly fighter with Philly promoter. Great looking card. 3 action fights!!
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #120
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale will beat Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Sands View Post
Geale SD12 or GGG Catches him with a hand grenade late..... A lot closer then most think IMO. Everybody talking bout GGG like he's invincible, and Geale has a glass jaw.... Very close fight. Lol. Sometimes the "highly unlikely to win" fighter wins.... Think: Mike Tyson Vs James Douglas.... Mike Tyson Vs Evander Holyfield.... Marco Antonio Barrera Vs Naseem Hamed..... Thomas Hearns Vs Iran Barkley..... Joe Louis Vs Max Schmeling.... Oscar DelaHoya Vs Pacquiao.... Ali Vs Frazier..... Ali Vs Foreman.... Ali Vs Spinks..... Jack Dempsey Vs Jesse Willard.... James J Jeffries Vs Jack Johnson.... Gene Tunney Vs Harry Greb.... The list goes on.... And as history shows....When you got two good boxers in the ring.... Anything can happen.... Geale = Skill - GGG = Power..... a good match up indeed....
I like this post!
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015