Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #391
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tyson Fury vs. Kevin Johnson & Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Bradley Pryce RBR

Overall, this was a big step forward for Fury's development. A world class operator should beat Kevin Johnson without much struggle, but KJ will beat the lesser guys.

Tyson's starting to look more and more like a legit heavyweight every time out. It's clear he's putting the work in to get better. I'd like to see him in with a top 10 caliber fighter next.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #392
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000
Default Re: Tyson Fury vs. Kevin Johnson & Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Bradley Pryce RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Overall, this was a big step forward for Fury's development. A world class operator should beat Kevin Johnson without much struggle, but KJ will beat the lesser guys.

Tyson's starting to look more and more like a legit heavyweight every time out. It's clear he's putting the work in to get better. I'd like to see him in with a top 10 caliber fighter next.

That isn't really true anymore.

The efforts that Johnson put in against Tor Hamer and Tyson Fury wouldn't even be enough to get a hometown decision against a Zack Page in Atlanta. He doesn't have anything to offer anymore.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #393
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheman View Post
When a guy is throwing 5 punches per round it gives the opponent incentive to open up more, which Fury did and ended up paying for it at points when KJ finally decided to let go. Inactivity can be used like a sneak tactic. You throw hands when your opponent is least expecting it and also when he is throwing combos all over the place because of your inactivity.
That's a good point.

- But it doesn't really change the fact that Fury still has huge holes in his defense. I guess the positive thing is that this is one of the skills that can be vastly improved with proper training, and Fury is still young.

But I don't see him changing how he throws (telegraphs) that right, and that's a big flaw.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #394
Metal Man
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Tyson did well tonight i dont even think prime Lennox knocks out Johnson.
Metal Man is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #395
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by artful View Post
People forget Fury is still only 24 years old....
never know with the travelers,

he could of been born in a caravan and actually be 29.
raichu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum