Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #31
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571
Default Re: Is Kid Chocolate-Hassan a candidate for FOTY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.reznor View Post
Maybe he does. I'm just thinking Quillin didn't look comfortable taking N'Dam's body shots, and Chavez Jr's appear to be considerably heavier.
I doubt Chavez will be comfortable with Quillins head shots. Quillin fought a boxer. Imagine what happens against a guy who comes at him with no jab?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
t.reznor

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
I doubt Chavez will be comfortable with Quillins head shots. Quillin fought a boxer. Imagine what happens against a guy who comes at him with no jab?
Do you think Quillin's head shots are that much harder than Sergio's?

I'm not saying he wouldn't get the decision, it wouldn't be a walk in the park though.
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 118

Quote:
Quillin was callin out Martinez for 2 years. That was Golden Boy who shut that fight down
Quillin would get completely outclassed by Sergio dude.... He's too slow/flat footed, and he has NO KILLER instinct. Sergio boxes circles around him... either stops him late, or wins a shut out.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #34
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.reznor View Post
Do you think Quillin's head shots are that much harder than Sergio's?

I'm not saying he wouldn't get the decision, it wouldn't be a walk in the park though.
Sergio busted Chavez up and kept him behind his guard for 10 rounds. Chavez was ecstatic he won a round. And Sergio's a small middleweight

Quillin is a legit middleweight with power in both hands and good counter punching ability who has hurt everyone hes fought.

I think Quillin is a stylistic nightmare for Chavez
Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #35
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Quillin would get completely outclassed by Sergio dude.... He's too slow/flat footed, and he has NO KILLER instinct. Sergio boxes circles around him... either stops him late, or wins a shut out.
Agreed. Unless Sergio ages considerably or Quillin gets lucky he loses handily
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #36
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Quillin was callin out Martinez for 2 years. That was Golden Boy who shut that fight down
Acting like Quillin had absolutely no role in the decision is absurd. It is still hilarious though how he suddenly decided Martinez simply had to be ducking him immediately after the offer was turned down.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #37
t.reznor

Quote:
Sergio busted Chavez up and kept him behind his guard for 10 rounds. Chavez was ecstatic he won a round. And Sergio's a small middleweight

Quillin is a legit middleweight with power in both hands and good counter punching ability who has hurt everyone hes fought.

I think Quillin is a stylistic nightmare for Chavez
True. Of course, Chavez Jr has no jab he can use to build upon shots that would either keep Quillin at bay or keep him from throwing counters. I just have the feeling Chavez could get inside easier vs Quillin (taking punishment) than he did late vs Sergio. I think in the end, Chavez would land more on Quillin than he did on Sergio -- obviously with no dramatic effect on the end result. Not a nightmare per say, but a hard night's work just to get those body shots in, which I think he would... Quillin not liking it, while it lasts.
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Acting like Quillin had absolutely no role in the decision is absurd. It is still hilarious though how he suddenly decided Martinez simply had to be ducking him immediately after the offer was turned down.
Yeah im sure Quillin tells Golden Boy who he wants to fight.

There's maybe 4-5 fighters in boxing right now who have free range to choose their opponents

You think Donaire wouldnt be fighting Rigo if he had a choice. Or Bam Bam fighting Mattyhsee?

Come on son. GBP had a mega fight with Chavez lined up there gonna take a chance with Quillin.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #39
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah im sure Quillin tells Golden Boy who he wants to fight.

There's maybe 4-5 fighters in boxing right now who have free range to choose their opponents

You think Donaire wouldnt be fighting Rigo if he had a choice. Or Bam Bam fighting Mattyhsee?

Come on son. GBP had a mega fight with Chavez lined up there gonna take a chance with Quillin.
Dude Quillin admitted it himself and whined about money, even though he had defeated no one of note at the time and had no fan base:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And the Quillin situation is not a parallel to shit like Top Rank-Golden Boy fights since he was actually offered the fight and since DiBella has proven capable of working with GBP. Few fighters have complete say in who they fight, but it's silly to act like the offer was turned down without any kind of knowledge or consent on the part of Quillin (which of course makes all of his call-outs even more ridiculous and disingenuous).
purephase is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum