GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The odds for Price vs Fury have now shortened with bookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
He is living in his sixth decade though

Yeah, when you look at it that way, he is! Still, they are both strange ways of saying "45".
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #47
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abertawe View Post
Registering a photobucket, print screening, opening paint to black over my ID shit, uploading to photobucket to link on here, far to much of an effort at 02.20 after munching 10 diaze's for basically **** all reward.

I've given plenty of tips on here that have paid out to prove my credentials. Here's one for ya, lump on Swansea away at Arsenal tomorrow. Cash out during the game
Well, did you take up my advice?

6/1 baby
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #48
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Well, did you take up my advice?

6/1 baby
Nope, but sending props your way send your next tip my way
boxfanlut is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #49
ArseBandit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post

Some fantastic overreactions in this thread!! First off, what's the point in the OP? Bookies in changing odds shocker.

I enjoyed the Price looked 'dreadful' quote. He got caught by a few punches, automatically meaning he will be KO'd by Chisora. The best was Fury now KO'ing him in 2 rounds though. Yes because Fury really fights in a similar vein to Skelton doesn't he?

If Price is going to lose, it will be to a high quality pressure fighter or someone like a Klitscko who is far more advanced in their career than him. So that discounts both Fury & Chisora then, unless you're overwhelmed by bias or just not that clued up on boxing. But I have to say, I've enjoyed the hysterics and overreaction.
Skelton is 45 years old.

What are you basing nobody beats Price but a pressure fighter on, hes really demonstrated that by taking out Harrisson and ***ton. Two elite fighters right there. Chisora beats Price imo.

Your overwhelmed by bias mate, Price has done nothing to assume he is unbeatable by anyone but a Klit, both Fury and Chisora are way more proven atm. If they beat hium you'll be changing your tune to how Price was unproven and overrated.

Fact is is if he was elite a 45yo Skelton shouldn't have troubled him atall, not that he did much, but he still did a little. A good win but Skelton is ancient and massively shot. Ten years ago that would probably have been a very different fight.
ArseBandit is online now  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #50
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArseBandit View Post
Skelton is 45 years old.

What are you basing nobody beats Price but a pressure fighter on, hes really demonstrated that by taking out Harrisson and ***ton. Two elite fighters right there. Chisora beats Price imo.

Your overwhelmed by bias mate, Price has done nothing to assume he is unbeatable by anyone but a Klit, both Fury and Chisora are way more proven atm. If they beat hium you'll be changing your tune to how Price was unproven and overrated.

Fact is is if he was elite a 45yo Skelton shouldn't have troubled him atall, not that he did much, but he still did a little. A good win but Skelton is ancient and massively shot. Ten years ago that would probably have been a very different fight.

By all accounts Skelton is actually 48 and 49 within a month (born in January)

There is surely no smoke without fire here - no other boxers have 'dubious' ages that I am aware of.

Getting tagged repeatedly by a shot, domestic level guy just a year shy of 50 years old is not good news at all. I didn't expect it at all and I don't think anyone else did.
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #51
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Skelton is 45 years old.

Sorry but please tell me how Fury & Chisora are 'way more proven'. Chisora has the Helenius performance to his name but has been comfortably beaten any other time he's stepped up. He hasn't proven anything.

And besides beating Chisora, who has Fury beaten that has proven to be 'way better' than Price's opponents? The answer is nobody. In fact, he lost to McDermott first time round and has been troubled and put down by the light punching Pajkic. But if that's enough to be 'way more proven', so be it.....

I won't be changing my tune at all on Price so don't be putting words into my mouth. I've seen nothing from either Fury or Chisora to suggest they could disrupt Price in any way or live with his power.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #52
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Price had an easy fight, Johnson is a much more difficult opponent than Skelton. Johnson will be difficult to knock out because he covers up, does not fight back. Watch Vitali Vs. Johnson..........
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #53
ArseBandit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Sorry but please tell me how Fury & Chisora are 'way more proven'. Chisora has the Helenius performance to his name but has been comfortably beaten any other time he's stepped up. He hasn't proven anything.

And besides beating Chisora, who has Fury beaten that has proven to be 'way better' than Price's opponents? The answer is nobody. In fact, he lost to McDermott first time round and has been troubled and put down by the light punching Pajkic. But if that's enough to be 'way more proven', so be it.....

I won't be changing my tune at all on Price so don't be putting words into my mouth. I've seen nothing from either Fury or Chisora to suggest they could disrupt Price in any way or live with his power.
That's because your a nationalistic nuthugger. Johnson, Chisora and helenius are obviously a massive step above Sam ***ton who is Prices best win and who Chisora beat years ago.

You'll have to change your tune when he steps up and it's Bute all over again. What else are you going to do, still call him unbeatable for no reason atall.

So what if Fury got put down, even pajkic is better than anyone on Prices record.

Atleast Chisora has stepped up aswell. That was David Haye and Vitali klit who beat him. Price is still continuing to fight ancient bums in Thompson.

Last edited by ArseBandit; 12-01-2012 at 07:29 PM.
ArseBandit is online now  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #54
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
That's because your a nationalistic nuthugger. Johnson, Chisora and helenius are obviously a massive step above Sam ***ton who is Prices best win and who Chisora beat years ago.

You'll have to change your tune when he steps up and it's Bute all over again. What else are you going to do, still call him unbeatable for no reason atall.

So what if price got put down, even pajkic is better than anyone on Prices record.

Atleast Chisora has stepped up aswell. That was David Haye and Vitali klit who beat him. Price is still continuing to fight ancient bums in Thompson.
Yup

Anyone now, bar the Scouse army, can see Price is a KO waiting to happen.

Chisora would floor him within 3.

Price simply doesn't have punch resistance. He has put on a lot of muscle and fair play to him. But his head STILL snaps back like a yo-yo when he gets hit.

Hence why he went down SO many times in the amateurs. Watch a 17 year old Fury snap Price's head back in the same way before he floors him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FToTaFBpdx4[/ame]

Price is one a trick pony with BIG power, if you allow him to settle and throw it.

He's not going much further than the level he is at in my opinion, which is why his own promoter is making him fight successive 40+ year olds -3 in a row I think!
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #55
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Remember that Price just struggled against an opponent currently living in his 2nd millennium!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #56
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

So what if Fury got put down, even pajkic is better than anyone on Prices record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
Yup

Anyone now, bar the Scouse army, can see Price is a KO waiting to happen.

Chisora would floor him within 3.

Price simply doesn't have punch resistance. He has put on a lot of muscle and fair play to him. But his head STILL snaps back like a yo-yo when he gets hit.

Hence why he went down SO many times in the amateurs. Watch a 17 year old Fury snap Price's head back in the same way before he floors him

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Price is one a trick pony with BIG power, if you allow him to settle and throw it.

He's not going much further than the level he is at in my opinion, which is why his own promoter is making him fight successive 40+ year olds -3 in a row I think!
Oh dear. I'm not even going to bother any more.

Thompson is a better opponent than Johnson though by the way
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #57
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Remember that Price just struggled against an opponent currently living in his 2nd millennium!!!
Well there you have it. I've been proven wrong, of course Price is a bum!!!
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #58
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboy86 View Post
Dont talk pish pal, who the **** puts money on a fight when its still potentially years away.

Fury has shortened from 3/1 down to 9/4 in some places, Price is now 11/4

What was it you were saying?

Just another normal day, I bet you're still living like a pauper
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #59
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

And the fight isnt even gonna happen this year you ****in spastic, well done bragging about a bet that you dont even have the winner of you ****in mongo
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #60
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote: