Fury 27 57.45%
Vitali 20 42.55%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Did Fury perform better against Kingpin than Vitali?

I've have just tried to watch the whole Vitali vs Kingpin fight again on Youtube.

It's a horrible watch, in all honesty.

But I think Fury actually did better than Vitali.

He certainly received less damage (Vitai ended the fight with 2 black eyes).

And if you consider Fury is a relative novice in comparison to Vitali's experience when he fought Johnson.

If you DARE watch the Vitali vs Kingpin fight again, who do you think handled him better?!?

The scores were almost identical too.
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
madpuppy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Did Fury perform better against Kingpin than Vitali?

Both won every second of every round. Don't know how you can judge who did better.
madpuppy is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

You're right that the Klitschko fight was pretty bad, certainly not one I'd fancy sitting through again

I remember waching it at the time though and did watch a fair bit of it in the lead up to this weekends fight.

I'm not being negative about Fury, I liked his performance and thought both him and his corner exhibited alot of professionalism, bit I do think that Kingpin was on better form against Vitali.

He was still negative I grant you, but he definitely did more than he did this weekend.

Reasons?

Fury prevented him from doing more?

Short notice and lack of conditioning?

I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning towards the latter.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

I think this is void because Kingpin was an up and coming challenger and the main american heavy at the time, unbeaten and a slight threat to Vitali. Against Fury, despite only other loss in PF, he was seen as past it.
Journey Man is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Yes, but Vitali's form being somewhat questionable is hardly a new revelation.

It's not that surprising, an ancient corpse of the fighter he once was, bettered by the performance of a young up and comer who had a point to prove in a fight both won easily.

Not exactly enlightening or a particularly big deal.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Fury did better than Vitali against both of their common opponents. Chisora didn't have as much success against Fury as he did against Vitali, and Fury was far more accurate against Johnson. Both of those two showed weaknesses within Vitali's game that Fury doesn't have.

Being better than Vitali doesn't say much though.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Fury did look decent against Johnson, Vitali looked terrible
But we all know that doesnt mean **** because Vitali would knock Fury out
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #8
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

furys easy handling of johnson proves it.

the early rounds slaughter by leapai of johnson took too much out of johnson. you cant take blows like that and not be damaged. alex was 2 seconds from stopping johnson. johnson was hurt bad and said after the fight..."that is the most brutal mother ****er ive ever fought".

just because johnson got the win, doesnt mean he didnt become damaged goods. the murderous punches alex rained down on johnson have taken their toll, like fury proved.

johnson won the fight, but he hit alex less. alex did more damage to johnson than johnson did to alex. on paper it says johnson won, but physically and mentally he lost, and alex has grown.

its a funny thing sports psycology. especially in boxing. you can become old overnight, like jones and fenech.

alex could fight johnson over and over. but johnson couldnt handle fighting alex over and over. he just couldnt take the bashing.

the ref should have stopped the fight and awarded the fight to alex, and saved johnson from the extra damage alex imposed on him.

leapai hits harder than any heavy in the world. the bashing johnson took was merciless. johnson lost something that day. alex found something. boxing is a brutal game. and thedamage big heavyweights do to eachothers brains and commitment cant be underestimated.

fury is tall, but he aint no klit. he his solid, but he aint no tyson.

fury just beat a damaged fighter in kevin johnson. johnsons last fight was a win. but in reality he was brutally pounded and was 2 seconds from defeat and the ref waiving it off. he ended up stopping a gassed fighter who remained on his feet as the ref stopped it.

but the damage had been done. johnson said after the fight; "that is the most brutal mother****er ive ever fought..".

the evidence is how johnson fought fury like a scared fighter. no offence, just defence. he'd been so badly hurt mentally and physically by his last fight, that even though he got the win, he'd been damaged.

alex leapai from australia/samoa did all the damage. an ex world champ made the observation, "alex could fight another ten kevin johnsons, but kevin jonson couldnt fight another ten alex leapais." johnson took a bad beating that day, he got a win on paper, but physically and mentally he was beaten up badly.

leapai loves taller fighters. his overhand right and both his uppercuts would find a home on furys head. tyson has never been tested like alex would test him. tyson fury wouldnt handle the shots that damaged johnson. fury would be broken.

next year is an 'ashes' year. what better than a pom and an aussie fighting eachother in england? if fury is so good and confident, he could fight alex 'just to keep busy'.....im pretty sure alex would like the fight. would tyson risk his chin against this.........
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyupcZTMEQ&feature=fvsr[/ame]
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #9
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

the early rounds slaughter by leapai of johnson took too much out of johnson. you cant take blows like that and not be damaged. alex was 2 seconds from stopping johnson. johnson was hurt bad and said after the fight..."that is the most brutal mother ****er ive ever fought".

just because johnson got the win, doesnt mean he didnt become damaged goods. the murderous punches alex rained down on johnson have taken their toll, like fury proved.

johnson won the fight, but he hit alex less. alex did more damage to johnson than johnson did to alex. on paper it says johnson won, but physically and mentally he lost, and alex has grown.

its a funny thing sports psycology. especially in boxing. you can become old overnight, like jones and fenech.

alex could fight johnson over and over. but johnson couldnt handle fighting alex over and over. he just couldnt take the bashing.

the ref should have stopped the fight and awarded the fight to alex, and saved johnson from the extra damage alex imposed on him.

leapai hits harder than any heavy in the world. the bashing johnson took was merciless. johnson lost something that day. alex found something. boxing is a brutal game. and thedamage big heavyweights do to eachothers brains and commitment cant be underestimated.

fury just beat a damaged fighter in kevin johnson. johnsons last fight was a win. but in reality he was brutally pounded and was 2 seconds from defeat and the ref waiving it off. he ended up stopping a gassed fighter who remained on his feet as the ref stopped it.

but the damage had been done. johnson said after the fight; "that is the most brutal mother****er ive ever fought..".

the evidence is how johnson fought fury like a scared fighter. no offence, just defence. he'd been so badly hurt mentally and physically by his last fight, that even though he got the win, he'd been damaged.

alex leapai from australia/samoa did all the damage. an ex world champ made the observation, "alex could fight another ten kevin johnsons, but kevin jonson couldnt fight another ten alex leapais." johnson took a bad beating that day, he got a win on paper, but physically and mentally he was beaten up badly.

leapai loves taller fighters. his overhand right and both his uppercuts would find a home on furys head. tyson has never been tested like alex would test him. tyson fury wouldnt handle the shots that damaged johnson. fury would be broken.

next year is an 'ashes' year. what better than a pom and an aussie fighting eachother in england? if fury is so good and confident, he could fight alex 'just to keep busy'.....im pretty sure alex would like the fight. would tyson risk his chin against this.........
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Shut the **** up
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Shut the **** up
Taylor2010 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Fury did better because his fight plan was built around johnsons weakness. He made Johnson press the fight. Johnson is not used to being on the front foot. He was slow when getting close to fury and when he got there he was looking to counter fury rather than fire a few shots. Johnson tried to use his normal game plan of sitting on the ropes let his opponent throw a combination then try and counter in between. Fury done really well to follow a game plan I thought. Wasn't a great watch though.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
a damaged johnson who won, but a better leapai for getting stopped, koed. bit of upside down logic that mate.
dempseys right is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
The...Spectator

Thumbs up Re: Did Fury perform better against Kingpin than Vitali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
You're right that the Klitschko fight was pretty bad, certainly not one I'd fancy sitting through again

I remember waching it at the time though and did watch a fair bit of it in the lead up to this weekends fight.

I'm not being negative about Fury, I liked his performance and thought both him and his corner exhibited alot of professionalism, bit I do think that Kingpin was on better form against Vitali.

He was still negative I grant you, but he definitely did more than he did this weekend.

Reasons?

Fury prevented him from doing more?

Short notice and lack of conditioning?

I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning towards the latter.
yes Johnson did poses more of a fret in the KlitschKO fight from watching it on youtube.but could it be Johnson found Fury was throwing more punches then he's used to,short notice and lack of conditioning you say?...I wouldn't think so
any man who can go for 10 rounds must be fit in any case these type guys are waiting for an opportunity to present it self...granted not heavy shots by Fury but then again could that have been down to the advice given from he's Uncle an trainer Peter Fury......what ever you do Son ,do Not Knock this Guy out...you will never get a fight with Vitail will defend against an easier opponent if you look to Good.....as you Know the HeavyWeight Division is the Money Train if Fury could pull that off beating Vitail and he's 1st defence against David Price in London or Manchester now that fight is a Stadium filler be one of the biggest fights in recent history now that kind of paper just from them two fights a shrewed man could retire and live the Good life...but Fury's only a young Feller still loads of time but he must improve he's defensive skills bigtime and learn how to punch he's body Weight close to 18 stone....do I believe he has a genuine chance to become World Champion...answer yes
The...Spectator is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #14
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

They both looked ****. When you are fighting someone as negative as Johnson, I expect you to set a tempo he can't handle for 12 rounds rather than be scared of a little head movement. Vitalis got old so he gets a pass.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Vitali is a counter puncher hes bound to not look optimal when he has to chase a guy down.
Daruf is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum