Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #61
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: Buncey - strange behaviour

I think Buncey is getting undue criticism of this. The way he announced the death wasn't that odd, and the face he pulled didn't look like he was taking the piss.

Buncey looked completely shattered, like he was ill. The face he pulled seemed like he was trying not to fall asleep, he knew the camera was on him so it's not like he got "caught" or anything.

I would be one of the first to critisise Buncey if I thought he was being disrespectful, but I don't see it here at all. I just see a worn out, run down bloke doing the best he can.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #62
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

The chaotic nature of Bunce's show is more down to necessity than intention IMO.

The guy has the Box Nation live shows, his BBC London show, the William Hill podcast, 5 Live, his Independent columns and regular ESPN gigs. And that's ignoring all the boxing shows and events he has to attend.

There's no way he has time to properly prepare for the Bunce Hour. I'm amazed he even manages to get the guests sorted.

One thing no one can accuse Bunce of is being lazy. He badly needs some help for Box Nation though. Get a real presenter to do the Boxing Hour; Bunce can be a co-presenter/regular guest on the show. Seems like he's expected to keep the channel afloat single-handedly.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #63
Candyman

vCash: 500

bunce was better when he came on here and had proper arguments with posters
Candyman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #64
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
The chaotic nature of Bunce's show is more down to necessity than intention IMO.

The guy has the Box Nation live shows, his BBC London show, the William Hill podcast, 5 Live, his Independent columns and regular ESPN gigs. And that's ignoring all the boxing shows and events he has to attend.

There's no way he has time to properly prepare for the Bunce Hour. I'm amazed he even manages to get the guests sorted.

One thing no one can accuse Bunce of is being lazy. He badly needs some help for Box Nation though. Get a real presenter to do the Boxing Hour; Bunce can be a co-presenter/regular guest on the show. Seems like he's expected to keep the channel afloat single-handedly.
Good post, well said
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #65
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding the finishing of his BBC London show

Came out of the blue a bit, no mention prior to last week and im halfway through listening to show and no mention of why its ended so far

Was being bumped for Spurs games get too much in the end or did the BBC bosses have a word in his shell like for constantly plugging another TV channel?

Perhaps all these plates he's got spinning as mentioned above became too much although I thought he'd keep the radio show going

He mention anything on Twitter?
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #66
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey View Post
Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding the finishing of his BBC London show

Came out of the blue a bit, no mention prior to last week and im halfway through listening to show and no mention of why its ended so far

Was being bumped for Spurs games get too much in the end or did the BBC bosses have a word in his shell like for constantly plugging another TV channel?

Perhaps all these plates he's got spinning as mentioned above became too much although I thought he'd keep the radio show going

He mentioned 3 or so months ago that it was coming to an end but didnt have an end date.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #67
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
He mentioned 3 or so months ago that it was coming to an end but didnt have an end date.
Just reading through his tweets, looks like it might have come from on high and his wasnt the only show
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #68
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

can't remember the exact insults that were thrown at bunce to make him leave here...but it is one of the things that will always be wrong with forums.
i like bunce but dont agree with him on a lot of things, and i've told him before......but what happens on forums is faceless people who throw insults at each other, say things that they just wouldnt say if we were all stood in a pub...its easy to be brave enough to insult when you have the safety of not being in the room with someone...but its the nature of forums i suppose and its not going to change....i just prefer good honest debates without all the false faceless insults that sometimes comes with it on forums.......its a pity bunce left here.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #69
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:

I don't know for certain but I think its fallen victim of the BBC's 'cuts'.

I say this because there are a few other weekly shows that I listen to on other BBC stations that have also been cut with no real reason.

Good listener figures don't seem to matter sometimes.

Thats my take on it anyway
Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #70
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Just reading through his tweets, looks like it might have come from on high and his wasnt the only show
They cut dannys baker show aswell which there was a big fuss about.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #71
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
can't remember the exact insults that were thrown at bunce to make him leave here...but it is one of the things that will always be wrong with forums.
i like bunce but dont agree with him on a lot of things, and i've told him before......but what happens on forums is faceless people who throw insults at each other, say things that they just wouldnt say if we were all stood in a pub...its easy to be brave enough to insult when you have the safety of not being in the room with someone...but its the nature of forums i suppose and its not going to change....i just prefer good honest debates without all the false faceless insults that sometimes comes with it on forums.......its a pity bunce left here.
Here here mate.

There is no problem disagreeing with anothers view, but there is a way to do it and forums are full of cowardly keyboard warriors who spout bile and hatred because they 'can'.

The vast majority of them wouldn't do it in person, they say they would but then again its easy to say it when you never have to actually prove it.

I for one have a rule that I will never write anything that I wouldn't say to someones face (apart from Scott Harrison that is! ).

Buncey leaving ESB is a definite loss.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #72
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
I think there was a bit of a debate over something to do with Boxnation, there were some criticisms and I believe Buncey toed the company line and it escalated. I might be wrong though.

Anyway, he used to have sly digs at us on air, he wasn't completely innocent.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #73
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

To be fair though he didnt interact that much on here though did he? used to plug his show mostly

I think it was only towards the end when he had disagreements with some on here that he posted in discussion terms
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #74
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
To be fair though he didnt interact that much on here though did he? used to plug his show mostly
Exactly. His participation on this forum was just a token gesture in my opinion.
Claypole is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum