Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,934
vCash: 122
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Dodgy gloves & doped up

Why has it taken so long for the results to be announced?
DrMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1170
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
The big question is, whether Wach has been cycling or if he simply doped for this fight. IDK. He doesnt look like a roider, but it's hard to tell sometimes.
He gained some muscle and looked to be in much better shape then in previous fights.
Badbot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 702
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhill View Post
They increase strength, so of course.
And there is also a psychogenic effect associated with many peds creating a feeling of invincibility.

That lack of fear gives some guys an extraordinary amount of confidence that they can withstand the abuse and land that game changing punch.

Essentially, they don't ever get disheartened or get that feeling of hopelessness.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murrika
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27 View Post
Who doesn't get caught with PEDs anymore? And think of everyone else who has the money to mask it. I am fairly confident most athletes use PEDS. Just legalize and regulate it already
.
THIS

The effect that the majority of PED's have on your performance in boxing is proven to be so minimal that calling it "cheating" is a stretch. If you look up the list of boxers that have been caught using in the past years, the majority are journeymen/fringe contender level boxers that failed to even make it to the world level. That tells you two things. A. If shitloads of journeymen are using, then rest assured, everybody in the sport is using from top to bottom. B. PED's are not some miracle substance that will magically transform you into a world level operator.

Boxing needs to DE-regulate dat shit and move the **** on with it's life (as well as ALL professional sports).
Player3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 702
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbot View Post
He gained some muscle and looked to be in much better shape then in previous fights.
I didnt notice. Im looking at pics from him in the McBride and Haggler fights and comparing them to his Klitschko fight and I don't see much difference.

I'd post the comparison, but I got no f/n clue how to post a pic.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
He's probably burned through it all with hospital bills anyway.

He didnt make but about 600K.

I can't see any huge fine, but it's likely a 1 yr suspension will be in order.

The big question is, whether Wach has been cycling or if he simply doped for this fight. IDK. He doesnt look like a roider, but it's hard to tell sometimes.
If sample B comes back positive, I would say only for this fight really. His physical fitness was greatly improved compared to his last fights, where he really didn't look to be in that great of shape.

Seems more and more are being caught on the juice at this level. I wonder if this will eventually lead to regulatory changes in the way testing is done.
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #22
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 702
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player3 View Post
THIS

The effect that the majority of PED's have on your performance in boxing is proven to be so minimal that calling it "cheating" is a stretch. If you look up the list of boxers that have been caught using in the past years, the majority are journeymen/fringe contender level boxers that failed to even make it to the world level. That tells you two things. A. If shitloads of journeymen are using, then rest assured, everybody in the sport is using from top to bottom. B. PED's are not some miracle substance that will magically transform you into a world level operator.

Boxing needs to DE-regulate dat shit and move the **** on with it's life (as well as ALL professional sports).
That avatar........

Good times
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #23
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 24,808
vCash: 5000
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Essentially, they don't ever get disheartened or get that feeling of hopelessness.
If true that would explain a lot...
I'm not someone to give up lightly, but I would have quit 2 times over with the beating he got.
Robney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,126
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post
And he still got whooped.


That's all that needs to be said on the matter.
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #25
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
And there is also a psychogenic effect associated with many peds creating a feeling of invincibility.

That lack of fear gives some guys an extraordinary amount of confidence that they can withstand the abuse and land that game changing punch.

Essentially, they don't ever get disheartened or get that feeling of hopelessness.
Surely to some extent, but they can only go so far... I mean.... those bombs Wach took FLUSH and CLEAN from Wlad.... without flinching....
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #26
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 24,808
vCash: 5000
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Now I think about it, what would the IBF have done now if Wach had landed a lucky punch and won?
Robney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #27
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,374
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Wach should join in the forces of slick&black.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #28
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Seeing Briggs and Wach take these 12 round beatings makes me wonder if roids can indeed improve punch resistance.
I hardly think it's fair to imply just because Manny's chin seemed to get better than he was on roids
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #29
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,791
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Now I think about it, what would the IBF have done now if Wach had landed a lucky punch and won?
And imagine the conspiracy theories on ESB "K2 manipulated Wach's test results because he got KTFO'd"
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #30
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 702
Default Re: Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids after the Klitschko fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Surely to some extent, but they can only go so far... I mean.... those bombs Wach took FLUSH and CLEAN from Wlad.... without flinching....
And imagine what Wlad was thinking when he landed those bombs.

Awe hell, time to tie him up
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013