Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Didn't he get banned for biting or kneeing someone in the nuts??
Yeah he bit someone can't remember there name. Will try check it out.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #32
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Cheers Jake , Always wondered about that ''Estate'' .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #33
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yeah he bit someone can't remember there name. Will try check it out.
If I remember he got quite a lengthy ban for that

Edit: Just checked, it was a Canadian called Alain Bonnamie
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #34
wiley101
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 52
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Used to love an undercard containing ojay abrahams.jamie mckeever was also someone who I'd check undercards for, usually a guaranteed war!

Dazzo Williams too when he was around!
wiley101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #35
JukeboxTimebomb
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Steve Roberts was the most annoying of all those Light Middles back then. He had a bogus belt and was always talking about how he was going to fight De La Hoya at some 2nd division football stadium, then he lost to a Russian with 10 losses when he could have been fighting Lockett (who also got out worked by a Russian with a bunch of losses that nobody gave a **** about over here), Alexander, Takaloo etc he was then out for a year only to show up on an undercard in Yorkshire and was stopped by a journeyman.

Annoying bunch, always on Ringside yet never in a build up to fight each other.
JukeboxTimebomb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #36
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
If I remember he got quite a lengthy ban for that

Edit: Just checked, it was a Canadian called Alain Bonnamie
Nice one Ice.

Yeah Jukebox Roberts wanted to fight at Dagenham and Redbridge's ground i think. Bit like when Floyd Ducked Jason Cook at that local Welsh rugby round .

But yeah i remember him losing and he was like ''yeah think that's me done, not good enough''. It was strange, all that lot should of fought each other at some point. Really Takaloo was the one who fought the most IIRC. Wayne believes people ducked him, which would be understandable TBH with his punch power.

Roberts was tidy southpaw operator, beat some decent guys as well but needed the step up far sooner. They all IMO went stale bar Williams who was mismatched against Martinez in hindsight.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #37
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Just did a bit of boxrec surfing looking at Adrian Dodson. Came across a bit of a legend I've never heard of: Mpush Makambi. Looks like he came over and owned every British middleweight!

Anyone seen him fight?

Yes, quite a bit, Dodson was winning at first then Makambi came back, hit him with one of the weakest flurries ive ever seen against the ropes, and put Dodson down for the ten count

He knocked out Steve Foster with a BEAUTIFUL uppercut, just measured it then BAM, straight up the middle through the gloves

KOd Bingo Bingham with a beautiful right hook-left straight combo (Makambi was a southpaw) in fact I think that KO is on a glass jaw chinchecker vid

edit: found it, 1:10 look at Binghams eyes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WWCgnkSZls[/ame]
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #38
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are they up to now?

ironically, 2 KOs after that is a shot of Dodson KOing Sliky Jones with a monster overhand left
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #39
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Yes, quite a bit, Dodson was winning at first then Makambi came back, hit him with one of the weakest flurries ive ever seen against the ropes, and put Dodson down for the ten count

He knocked out Steve Foster with a BEAUTIFUL uppercut, just measured it then BAM, straight up the middle through the gloves

KOd Bingo Bingham with a beautiful right hook-left straight combo (Makambi was a southpaw) in fact I think that KO is on a glass jaw chinchecker vid

edit: found it, 1:10 look at Binghams eyes

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fantastic video mate, watched it twice!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #40
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Fantastic video mate, watched it twice!
that song is awful but so damned catchy
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #41
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
that song is awful but so damned catchy
I particularly remember the one at 0:44 seconds

It was on the Sky Sports Knockouts of the year show they did that year, it was in the top ten!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #42
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I particularly remember the one at 0:44 seconds

It was on the Sky Sports Knockouts of the year show they did that year, it was in the top ten!
Is that where Affif Djelti (yellow trunks) KOd Alex Moon?
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Is that where Affif Djelti (yellow trunks) KOd Alex Moon?
One before it mate.

Don't recognise either of the fighters I'm afraid.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #44
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 75
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
One before it mate.

Don't recognise either of the fighters I'm afraid.
lol probably didn't get too far with that defence
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #45
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Default Re: What are they up to now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Nice one Ice.

Yeah Jukebox Roberts wanted to fight at Dagenham and Redbridge's ground i think. Bit like when Floyd Ducked Jason Cook at that local Welsh rugby round .

But yeah i remember him losing and he was like ''yeah think that's me done, not good enough''. It was strange, all that lot should of fought each other at some point. Really Takaloo was the one who fought the most IIRC. Wayne believes people ducked him, which would be understandable TBH with his punch power.

Roberts was tidy southpaw operator, beat some decent guys as well but needed the step up far sooner. They all IMO went stale bar Williams who was mismatched against Martinez in hindsight.
nobody really knew what they up against in martinez, the scouts didn't really do their work.did williams not make a comeback recently
pong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013