Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #211
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Best cherry pickers of all time.

Has Kelly Pavlik been suggested yet ?
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #212
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
Your discrediting his wins over tua, golota, klitscko, but your giving tyson all the credit for beating ruddock, a light heavyweight and an ancient holmes.

Your giving holmes credit for beating a mediocre shavers, old norton and a hyped prospect like cooney. Nice to see how objective you really are.

Lewis gets no credit for beatig holyfield when he was the freakin champ, but you give tyson and holmes credit for beating old hasbeens,
His win over Tua was great I admit. Tua was in his prime,had great power,a very good record,great chin etc Lewis beat him. But it's not as if Tua was an ATG. Tua was a historical underachiever with weight problems.
Golota was a mental patient who fouled himself out of 2 world titles and was KO'd in 1 round in his career etc

Holmes and Tyson beating old has beens? No that's Lewis job. The Frank Bruno,Razor Ruddock and Tony Tucker that Tyson beat were in their prime. Lewis fought them all after Tyson. And Tucker was 17 pounds heavier,addicted to crack cocaine and absent from boxing for 3 years prior to Lewis.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #213
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
An even older Holmes beat Mercer too, who gave Lewis hell.
Mercer gave Lewis hell and then practically begged for a rematch but Lewis said "no." Wonder why?

Lummox Lewis,the biggest joke on HW boxing ever.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #214
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Pacquiao
Sturm
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #215
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
But you pedal this like it is incontrovertible fact Vitali Klitschko and Old Holyfield would be my personal definite picks to beat the Tua that Lewis beat, and Lennox panned both of them. Others could certainly be in close fights with him. This idea you have that Tua is clearly the best fighter that Lewis beat is as far from left field as every other ****ing thing you write about him
Lewis fought good names,not good fighters.

Quote:
Yeah, he was a bit more than that. You ****ing trolls. The shit you make me type.

Golota crumbled to Lewis for a reason.
Yeah Golota crumbled because he was a mental patient who should not have been cherry picked by the supposed "best in the world."

Quote:
To be clear, you are picking Old Holmes to beat everyone Lewis faced? Spinks too?
Old Holmes beat Mercer who gave prime Lewis Hell. Mercer wanted a rematch and suggested giving fight procede to charity and Lewis refused. I wonder why? Vitali also wanted a rematch after giving Lewis hell. See a pattern?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #216
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-Durden View Post
Has Kelly Pavlik been suggested yet ?
I hope not.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #217
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

McGrain

Quote:
Yeah, you quoted this already. What I asked you for was some back up to your claim that "many ringsiders thought that Holyfield won the rematch. Won the rematch, not "didn't enjoy the fight" (like I give a ****).
There is at least one out there, see if you can add to it in support of your rather spurious claim.[/quote]Look up the article I gave you. The writer reports how many of the crowd were chanting things like "robbery" or "bullshit" after Lewis was announced the winner of the Holyfield rematch.

Quote:
And this is your version of "a struggle"?? Kicking solid **** out of him for 8 rounds with a broken hand? What's wrong with you?
It's borderline immoral to fight a fighter as past his prime as Tyson was. Any prime ATG champion would beat the 2002 version of Tyson. That fight was meaningless. And as bad as Tyson was,Lewis didnt look so great doing it. That fight was a joke. The name looks good on the record but when you did deeper you realize it was a sham.

Quote:
I don't have any fighters in my family. Whenever I see total trolls on this forum cherry-picking "facts" to run one of these people, not members of my family, I step in to correct them. Because it's ****ing embarrassing for ESB.
You ****ing guys think that anyone who disagrees is a "troll." It's called an opinion based on news articles and video. You choose to believe the Lewis myth that's your choice. What the **** is it with that "troll" anyway. It's a complete nonsensical hipster word. Only chi chi men would use them kinds of insults when they have nothing left to say.

Whatever,in my house we refer to Lennox as "Lummox Lewis,the glass chinned cherry picking con man."
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #218
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

[quote=JeanPaulValley;14326454]
Quote:

Lewis fought good names,not good fighters.
Holyfield and Vitali are no good?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #219
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=turbotime;14326512]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post

Holyfield and Vitali are no good?
Holyfield was good when he was in his prime,not when he fought Lewis in 1999. He was on the major decline. Holyfield had struggled with Vaugh Bean a year prior to Lewis. Lewis himself stated that Holyfield looked like a "has been." Fights him a year later,struggles over 2 fights.

Vitali was as good as he ever was when he fought Lewis. Vitali earned a rematch and Lewis retired. Lewis didnt definitively beat Vitali at all in all fairness. And I am no fan of Vitali but it's not fair.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #220
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

To be fair, Lewis did go out of his way to beat Michael Grant
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #221
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
To be fair, Lewis did go out of his way to beat Michael Grant
To be fair Grant was nothing more than a young inexperienced kid who was fed to the HW champ for money.

Grant wasn't even fully developed. Any good HW would beat Grant.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #222
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

[quote=JeanPaulValley;14326524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post

Holyfield was good when he was in his prime,not when he fought Lewis in 1999. He was on the major decline. Holyfield had struggled with Vaugh Bean a year prior to Lewis. Lewis himself stated that Holyfield looked like a "has been." Fights him a year later,struggles over 2 fights.

Vitali was as good as he ever was when he fought Lewis. Vitali earned a rematch and Lewis retired. Lewis didnt definitively beat Vitali at all in all fairness. And I am no fan of Vitali but it's not fair.
Lewis stopped Vitali, and Holyfield was capable at the time and was actually favoured over Lewis at the time of the fight.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #223
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=turbotime;14326581]
Quote:

Lewis stopped Vitali, and Holyfield was capable at the time and was actually favoured over Lewis at the time of the fight.
Lewis did stop Vitali on cuts after losing every round and promising rematch and then retiring.

Holyfield was considered an underdog in 1996 when he came to fight Tyson. Holyfield had been in many wars and was older.
Yet they favored him to beat a prime young champion like Lewis?
Prime Holyfield would put Lewis to sleep.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #224
ushvinder
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
His win over Tua was great I admit. Tua was in his prime,had great power,a very good record,great chin etc Lewis beat him. But it's not as if Tua was an ATG. Tua was a historical underachiever with weight problems.
Golota was a mental patient who fouled himself out of 2 world titles and was KO'd in 1 round in his career etc

Holmes and Tyson beating old has beens? No that's Lewis job. The Frank Bruno,Razor Ruddock and Tony Tucker that Tyson beat were in their prime. Lewis fought them all after Tyson. And Tucker was 17 pounds heavier,addicted to crack cocaine and absent from boxing for 3 years prior to Lewis.
Very few heavyweights in the history of the sport have beaten another ATG in their prime. Go make a poll comparing lennox lewis's resume to that of mike tyson or larry holmes, i guarantee lennox will win in a landslide.
ushvinder is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #225
ushvinder
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[quote=JeanPaulValley;14326596]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Lewis did stop Vitali on cuts after losing every round and promising rematch and then retiring.

Holyfield was considered an underdog in 1996 when he came to fight Tyson. Holyfield had been in many wars and was older.
Yet they favored him to beat a prime young champion like Lewis?
Prime Holyfield would put Lewis to sleep.
Lewis did not lose every round, my god you talk as if he ran your dog over or something. Lewis's fists caused the cut on vitali's face, not no headbutt. The doctors stopped the fight because his face looked like frankenstein. Lennox Lewis at the age of 38 beating klitschko, no excuse from you will change that outcome.
ushvinder is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum