Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Peter Quillin even a top 10 MW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
First off what ranked fighters had Golovkin stopped in brutal fashion to get the tag as hardest hitter? Sparring lol? Did you see his fight with Kassim the dream?

Secondly no, calling Martinez the 2nd hardest puncher is like believing Pacquiao hits harder than Mosley. Sergio beats people up. His stoppages are from accumulation and speed. Before Sergio moved to middleweight his ko percentage was barely above 50.

Thirdly, counter punchers who have huge power fm have always done well against crude swarmers.

Fourthly you overestimate Fat boys strength. Fat boy couldnt do one push up lol. Quillin is far stronger than him. Only fighter fat boy has ever bullied is skinny legged Andy Lee, hell lil ass Martinez was standing and trading with him with a shattered knee lol

An finally instead of writing a long witty retort, lets look at the facts to see who truly had the power in the middleweight division.

"Fat Boy" Chavez last 7 opponents

Martinez - L
Lee - TKO W
Rubio - UD
Manfredo Jr - TKO
Sabastian Zbik - MD
Billy Lyle - UD
John Duddy - UD

Peter "fat boy killer" Quillin

Ndam - UD (NDam down multiple times)
Wright - UD (Winky down once)
McEwan - TKO
Lehoiller - TKO
Brinkley - TKO
Sharpe - TKO
Discarding - TKO

Trust me I would love nothing more than for Chavez to fight Quillin. Seeing Quillin bash this overrated chump up would be a true treat no pun intended.
Sergio KO'd Paul Williams cold, got a KO over Barker, and suddenly poured it on and stopped Macklin in what was a close, competitive fight up until that point. He definitely has serious power even at 160.

And yeah, I saw the Golovkin fight with Ouma. All fighters have off nights. Ouma's got a pretty solid chin, too; he lasted the distance with Taylor in the past. Quillin hasn't looked good in plenty of his own fights; he couldn't put away N'Dam, lost almost every round that wasn't a 10-7 round for him, and couldn't put away a blown up, fresh out of a 3 year retirement Winky Wright.

"Fat Boy" also bullied Rubio pretty easily as well. Pretty much anybody he can get close to, he can bully. He wasn't able to ever get close to Sergio until round 12 though, so he couldn't bully him. Quillin doesn't have the skills or the speed or the movement to keep Jr. off him the same way Martinez did, so "Fat Boy" would bully him. If he's throwing like 30 punches a round, not moving laterally or moving his head much, "Fat Boy" will find you.

Also, swarmers can and have troubled counterpunchers plenty of times in the past. Remember how featherfisted Diaz and crude Katsidis gave JMM all he could handle? Marquez is technically superior to Quillin in just about every single way and P4P faster and has comparable power. A bigger, stronger swarmer can cause a counterpuncher serious problems.

Also, funny that you should mention past opponents in trying to prove how much power Quillin has; Fat Boy almost KO'd Martinez, a superior opponent to N'Dam. Wright, as we've already discussed, was in retirement for like 3 years before he fought Quillin, and is a natural 154 as well. McEwan had been stopped by Andy Lee in his previous fight; LeHoullier has been stopped 4 times in total, 2 times happening before he fought Quillin, and one of those 2 times was...to "Fat Boy" himself at 154. In one round, no less, while it took Quillin 5. Brinkley was coming off a KO loss, Sharpe hadn't won a fight since 2004 and had lost 5 straight fights (2 by KO, one of which was a 1-round stoppage loss to Giovanni Lorenzo, the other a stoppage loss to Pawel Wolak of all people.) He was also coming out of a 4 year layoff to fight Quillin; and Desjardins was a bum, too. He's like 7-23.

Now, Fat Boy fought the reigning middleweight champion, dropped him hard; stopped Lee, who was on a 13-fight winning streak pre Fat Boy; Rubio, who was on a 10-fight winning streak and had last been stopped by Pavlik in 2009; Manfredo, he stopped; Lyell, he didn't; and Duddy was never stopped in his entire career, so it doesn't exactly make Chavez Jr. a featerfisted punk for failing to stop him.

The point of that comparison is Quillin smashed some really weak opposition, visibly weaker than Chavez's last 7 opponents. Swap their last 7 opponents, and the stoppage ratios probably invert. You overrate his power; it's probably not even that much greater than "Fat Boy" if you want to get right down to it. Quillin gets KO'd by Sergio as well.

Quillin isn't as good as you think, nor does "Fat Boy" suck as much as you think. And you kindly ignored the Quillin duck of Golovkin as well. That speaks volumes about Quillin.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #32
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
Sergio KO'd Paul Williams cold, got a KO over Barker, and suddenly poured it on and stopped Macklin in what was a close, competitive fight up until that point. He definitely has serious power even at 160.
You said 2nd best sorry son youre wrong.

Quote:
And yeah, I saw the Golovkin fight with Ouma. All fighters have off nights. Ouma's got a pretty solid chin, too; he lasted the distance with Taylor in the past. Quillin hasn't looked good in plenty of his own fights; he couldn't put away N'Dam, lost almost every round that wasn't a 10-7 round for him,
You're the one who claims he lost damn near every round lol. Obviously you were scoring Ndams pitty pats instead of Quillins bombs. Quillin won 7 rounds on the cards. Score was 115-107 do the math.

As for Ouma, you think Ouma is beter than Ndam lol?

Quote:
and couldn't put away a blown up, fresh out of a 3 year retirement Winky Wright.
That Winky wright would probably light fat boy up. I can't see anything Chavez could do besides bullrush him and win a decision on activity.

Please tell me in Winkys long and illustrious career whos been able to drop and hurt him?

Quote:
Fat Boy" also bullied Rubio pretty easily as well
No he didnt Lol! It took every thing Chavez had just to outwork him. The same Rubio who was losing every round to hype job Lieumeux before he gassed himself, the same Rubio that Pavlik blew out of the water is probably Fat Boys best win. Says it all really.
Q
Quote:
much anybody he can get close to, he can bully.
Zbik? The bum who Sturm blew out who Chavez went life and death with. Did he blow him out lol?

_Quote]He wasn't able to ever get close to Sergio until round 12 though, so he couldn't bully him. Quillin doesn't have the skills or the speed or the movement to keep Jr. off him the same way Martinez did, [/quote]
Why do you keep ignoring Zbik fat boy fan? And why would Quillin care about keeping fat Boy off of him? He has dynamite in both fists and Chavez has no defense none? Chavez coming at Quillin would be a dream come true. Against Ndam he had to fight a skilled boxer with great amateur experience. Against Chavez hed be fighting a fat slob who went life and death with Sabastian Zbik lol.

You are seriously delusional about fat boy.

Quote:
so "Fatuy Boy" would bully him. If he's throwing like 30 punches a round, not moving laterally or moving his head much, "Fat Boy" will find you.
yeah like he found Zbik and Rubio and the Dirth of other bums he couldn't ko.

If Chavez comes at Quillin hell be sipping through a straw.

Quote:
Also, swarmers can and have troubled counterpunchers plenty of times in the past. Remember how featherfisted Diaz and crude Katsidis gave JMM all he could handle?
Marquez is a former bantamweight and doesnt have near the punching power proportionally as Quillin. Nor is Chavez as good as Katsidis or Diaz. So your comparison is shit.

I'd compare fat boy more to...I don't know im having trouble thinking of anyone p4p has bad a fighter as him.

Quote:
Also, funny that you should mention past opponents in trying to prove how much power Quillin has; Fat Boy almost KO'd Martinez,
Sergio had a shattered knee and is a former JMW and he was still standing and trading with fat boy.

Quote:
a superior opponent to N'Dam.
N'dam would school the shit outta fat boy
Quote:
McEwan had been stopped by Andy Lee in his previous fight;
Ummm McEwan was dominating Andy Lee before He gassed. You do know that right? Andy Lee who is probably one of the weakest light hitting 160bers was up on the cards against Chavez until fat boy startin leaning on him?

You know that Quillin blew McEwan out of the water right?

Quote:
Now, Fat Boy fought the reigning middleweight champion, dropped him hard;
He lost every round, Sergio blew out his knee, probably from fat boy leaning o. Him and Sergio was still standing and trading with his ass at the end.

He fought the middleweight champ because he's a meal ticket. Someone golden boy can pimp for change.

Again what happened against Zbik lol? And that other bum he wen life and death wih?

Exactly how many gifts has this pot head gotten lol?

Quote:
The point of that comparison is Quillin smashed some really weak opposition, visibly weaker than Chavez's last 7 opponents
How is Brinkley, Mcewan, Ndam, Wright, and Lehoiller visibly weaker than Rubio, Manfedo jr < LOL and Lee? Hell we can go farther back and he still has a bunch of bums on his resume he couldn't get out of there.

Quote:
Swap their last 7 opponents, and the stoppage ratios probably invert.
Nope. No way is Chavez stopping Wright or Ndam. Infact he probably loses to both. He might stop McEwan after bein down on the cards heading to the championship rounds. Whereas Quillion stops Lee, Duddy, Manfredo, Zbik, and Lylle. Only fighters he doesn't stop are Martinez and Rubio. But Rubio gets a terrible beating and only his toughness seas him through.
Quote:
Quillin isn't as good as you think, nor does "Fat Boy" suck as much as you think. And you kindly ignored the Quillin duck of Golovkin as well. That speaks volumes about Quillin.
I think Quillin will make a decent contender/belt holder who wi put on exciting fights.

I don't think he's a world beater I just know he blows fat boy pot smoker out the water.

As for Quillin ducking Golovkin, sorry but know Quillin isnt big enough to choose his own fights. If golden boy wants him to fight Golovkin he would.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #33
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quillin is from Grand Rapids right? That's probably why you support him life and death. I'm done arguing this, I'm starting to get sleepy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Right there though, it proves Quillin ducked Golovkin and the HBO exposure he would have got from that fight. GGG would have pummeled him, and as we've discussed, that's why he didn't take the fight. He's being set up with a gravy train of easy opponents at Barclay's, starting with Taylor, who hasn't been relevant for years.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #34
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Lol
Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #35
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
Quillin is from Grand Rapids right? That's probably why you support him life and death. I'm done arguing this, I'm starting to get sleepy.
Yep. Been following him ever since he turned. Pro. Said hed make a decent contender/belt holder. And he'd kick fat boys ass

Quote:
Right there though, it proves Quillin ducked Golovkin and the HBO exposure he would have got from that fight. GGG would have pummeled him, and as we've discussed, that's why he didn't take the fight. He's being set up with a gravy train of easy opponents at Barclay's, starting with Taylor, who hasn't been relevant for years.
Read it you dumbass

It says they approached Golden Boy and were turned down. Quillin doesnt choose who he fights. You think Quillin who GbP pays all his expenses who was sleeping on coaches 3 years ago can bust into Shaefers office and demand a fight.

Let me as you gullible fat boy fan. How many middleweights do you think would love to get their hands on crude fat boy? Dont you think their are loads of middlewieghts who see how shitty Chavez jr is and want a crack at him?

How many calls per week do you think Golden Boy turns down to protect fatty?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #36
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Top Rank*
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #37
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Yep. Been following him ever since he turned. Pro. Said hed make a decent contender/belt holder. And he'd kick fat boys ass

Read it you dumbass

It says they approached Golden Boy and were turned down. Quillin doesnt choose who he fights. You think Quillin who GbP pays all his expenses who was sleeping on coaches 3 years ago can bust into Shaefers office and demand a fight.

Let me as you gullible fat boy fan. How many middleweights do you think would love to get their hands on crude fat boy? Dont you think their are loads of middlewieghts who see how shitty Chavez jr is and want a crack at him?

How many calls per week do you think Golden Boy turns down to protect fatty?
For the record, "Fat Boy" isn't even one of my 10 favorite fighters right now. I just think he'd beat Quillin and that Quillin is overhyped (at least by the guys saying he's a future undisputed/lineal champ at 160.) What you said about him being a belt-holder giving entertaining fights is a much more realistic projection I can agree with.

Why would GBP/Haymon not want the HBO exposure of that fight though? You'd think if they wanted to make him a star, having him jump in and beat Golovkin for a belt in an HBO main event would do it.

Also, doesn't Top Rank promote "Fat Boy"? "Fat Boy" is suspended anyway, and it looks like Martinez has him targeted for another payday rematch next year. So... they'd basically be turning down the rest of the division for another shot at the champion and best fighter in the division. Letting "Fat Boy" fight Martinez again over letting him fight other guys at 160 isn't really protecting him.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #38
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat'Em Up View Post
He's better than Mack the Knife, and Andy "Glass Everything" Lee, and Darren Barker.

Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #39
AJ5
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

For what it's worth, Quillin and Golovkin have sparred...and Golovkin did not run him out of the gym as the rumors had it.

Quote:
3. Iíve seen video of a few rounds of one of his sparring sessions with Quillin (which took place more than a year ago) and it looked like they were just giving each other good work. Golovkin was stalking; Quillin was sticking and moving. Occasionally they exchanged hard combos in close. Neither boxer had the upper hand from what I saw.
AJ5 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #40
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quillins top 5 and would be even with Gaele, Sturm and Macklin. He beats Chavez and likely loses to GGG, definitely loses to Martinez.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #41
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
Quillins top 5 and would be even with Gaele, Sturm and Macklin. He beats Chavez and likely loses to GGG, definitely loses to Martinez.
True.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum