Canelo PTS 12 40.00%
Canelo TKO/KO 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Lightbulb Austin ''No Doubt'' Trout Vs Saul ''Canelo'' Alvarez: Who Wins & Why?

This is a fight i want to see, Trout is a world class fighter who's going to be a tough nights work for even the elite guys. He's no joke and it would be nice to see ''Canelo'' actually face a live body and a guy who's going to offer a different challenge to Alvarez. Plus a guy who's actually a full blown LMW.

For me it's a intriguing battle on many levels. As i said in the Cotto thread i don't think Canelo's team will fancy Trout as a opponent.

Do you want to see it made for 2013? Who wins? And Why?.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Austin ''No Doubt'' Trout Vs Saul ''Canelo'' Alvarez: Who Wins & Why?

Trout will win

He has faster feet and hands. better jab, better all round boxer and doesn't mind mixing it up either.

canelo will end up having to force the fight and will end up walking into shots like cotto did to land his own. trout moves very well and is good at pivoting away. i don't think canelo is active enough to beat him.

however, trout could get robbed on the cards
lirva is online now  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Austin ''No Doubt'' Trout Vs Saul ''Canelo'' Alvarez: Who Wins & Why?

Trout isn't getting robbed with Al Haymon now behind him.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Yeah saw Haymon with him the other night, Trout's a real problem for Canelo who i don't rate to highly lads. Not sold on him. Good but not as good as they really want him to be..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

I got Trout decision hes smart he works in the middle of the ring then ducks and clinches or dodges at the ropes
Canelo is too slow on his feet to catch Trout consistently but i think Canelo will hurt him a few times to head and body but Trout survives
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Trout UD... he gets hurt and possibly knocked down along the way, but he also manages to make Canelo look stupid at times.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

We should be careful not to undersell Alvarez in this fight though, I feel like its kinda tempting to side with Trout after the other night, and to be too concerned about "not following the crowd" with Alvarez's hype and therefore to underrate his chances.

It's a much different fight to Cotto. Alvarez is completely different. Alvarez is very methodical, he doesn't make that many mistakes. Sure, he's not the quickest or the most immediately impressive but his style is not that exploitable overall. It's easy to imagine Trout outspeeding him, but Alvarez uses the element of surprise well when he launches his attacks. Kinda like Abraham does, only a lot more technically adept. He's also got a tight defence, and he's not that easy to counterpunch because of his burst style. So I don't think Trout does that much eye catching work in this fight and you gotta balance the fact that while Trout does outspeed him and outwork him, in all probability Canelo throws the harder, more eye catching combinations and carries the greater power.

Could be a controversial decision.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Call me crazy, but i think Alvarez would stop Trout.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Trout will bait him, once Canelo bites, Austin will reel him in then its hook line and sinker. Trout UD12 Canelo
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1453

A win over a much smaller fighter does not make Trout a King Kong.Trout is like Bradley,good but not very entertaining and will always be a hard out.Back on the shelf for Trout and let the action fighters get it on.Bring on Canelo vs Cotto for a real fight.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
B.A
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

50/50 fight IMO, can't call it.
B.A is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
I agree, I think he beats him up
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2556

Quote:
I also agree with this, or at least have him hurt a few times. Cotto caught him with a lot of left hooks, if Alvarez did this, with his height and leverage, I think he could stop Trout.
Carnage is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Im with you. I don't see anything special about Trout. And Canelo will be in his grill all night. Id expect a mid to late TKO.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
I also agree with this, or at least have him hurt a few times. Cotto caught him with a lot of left hooks, if Alvarez did this, with his height and leverage, I think he could stop Trout.
The problem with Cotto is he fights in spurts. He's changed dramatically from the young hungry pro i recall at 140. The dude has to start putting his punches together, winning rounds, and fighting with a sense of urgency, instead of taking a Mr nice guy glorified sparring partner approach. Canelo can really punch. He's young. And he puts his punches together exceptionally well in 4 and 5 punch combinations. Trout has his hands full. And i don't think he punches hard enough to keep Canelo honest who will be in his face all night.
Cotto's fallen off. Its Canelo's time.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum