Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #46
boxingBenZilla

vCash: 500
Default Re: Price/Fury Maloney's Offer Dismissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Its well known Maloney's in the shit financially, hence Audley Harrison (Liverpool Echo Arena 8000) Matt Skelton (Aintree Equestrian Center 4000) easy fights with very solid numbers for a British Champion!

Brian Rose is one of the men to speak too about Maloney's finances!
or you can turn up here and have a listen through the door
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
boxingBenZilla is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #47
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It's the second offer that Micks turned down. Only one guy looks genuinely serious and willing to go public to make the fight, the other is called Tyson Fury.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #48
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Hennessy's level of delusion (if he really believes what he's saying) is laughable.

Earlier this year he thought it was fair to offer Price 100,000 for the fight but now when Maloney offers over 6 times that amount it's suddenly no way near good enough?

I hope when this fight does happen that it's NOT on a Channel 5 and a Hennessy Sports card. Call me mad but I just can't stand it, having to listen to Hennessy and the Channel 5 broadcast team tongue Fury's arse drives me insane (plus the terrible production values and crap undercards).

It's also downright hilarious to hear him say that "without Tyson Fury, there's no story with David Price." Either absolutely deluded or terrible liar.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #49
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingBenZilla View Post
or you can turn up here and have a listen through the door
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Given the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Maloney offers over 6 times that amount it's suddenly no way near good enough?
Im pretty sure that its unlawful to make offers like this
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #50
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Nothing official coming from Maloney or Price but various sites are confirming it.
He said on Friday that the opponent would be named eitheer on saturday or sunday. Maybe the supposed opponent has got whiff of the London Gazette notice....or Maloney is talking bullshit again. I think that its probably a combination of the two
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #51
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

How in God's name is Mismatch going to be able to raise the best part of 2m for a promotion of this size.

If he's paying Fury 650k, Price will want a similar amount, then there's the undercard, venue hire and shit like that.

He's absolutely skint - according to articles on Boxrec and also Brian Rose's twitter (see what I did there ) - so it's not happening.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #52
boxingBenZilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Given the above

Im pretty sure that its unlawful to make offers like this
of course i'm sure he was speaking as a representative of FMP rather than FTM. luckily he isnt a director of FMP. probably just makes the teas and stuff.
boxingBenZilla is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #53
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Exactly Beeston. Spot on..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #54
Jayob10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

How are these two "valuable" fighters still with their crappy promoters?

Hennessy and Maloney are small time, and even though I don't particularly rate either Fury or Price, the fight deserves proper backing as it will sell.

Neither promoter has the financial clout to make it happen
Jayob10 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #55
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fury IS going to get found out sooner or later, that is of course when & IF he fights "living breathing " opponents. It's just a shame that Price probably won't be the one to enjoy the pleasure of it!

he'll probably get sussed even before he fights a Klit, again that is if we are too believe that he must have had to work & earn his way into the "Right" to meet them. he doesn't deserve it!

settle the score, 1 - 2 fights for Fury, and Pricey sqeeze even 4 in, and have them meet in about 8 mons from now!
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #56
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
Fury IS going to get found out sooner or later, that is of course when & IF he fights "living breathing " opponents. It's just a shame that Price probably won't be the one to enjoy the pleasure of it!

he'll probably get sussed even before he fights a Klit, again that is if we are too believe that he must have had to work & earn his way into the "Right" to meet them. he doesn't deserve it!

settle the score, 1 - 2 fights for Fury, and Pricey sqeeze even 4 in, and have them meet in about 8 mons from now!
I think it is Price who will be found wanting as his opponents get better
Taylor2010 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #57
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post

I dont know how you have come up with the conclusion that Price is a better boxer than Fury because he isnt and Price will get stoped if they ever meet Price needs to start stepping up his opponents before we can judge him properly.. Skelton tagged him easily the other night a bigger puncher would of probably stopped him.
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #58
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

Fury's not going to get 650k for fighting either Klitschko, mandatory or not! Duck.
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #59
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
This fight ain't happening next in a million years and Maloney knows it. They're both on different paths, just using each others name to promote themselves

If Fury fought Price next and lost, the Klitschko fight is gone

If Fury fights Klitschko and loses, the Price fight is still there. Makes sense for him to chase a world title before meeting Price. I don't believe either guy is scared of the other
Think this a really good comment on the Price/Fury debate,particularly the last sentence.Also,I believe theyre both above British title standard,so wouldnt want them to fight for it now.Will be better in a couple of years time.Also i hope Fury is not rushed into a world shot,like to see him have 4 or 5 good opponents next year as hes got time on his side.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #60
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
Think this a really good comment on the Price/Fury debate,particularly the last sentence.Also,I believe theyre both above British title standard,so wouldnt want them to fight for it now.Will be better in a couple of years time.Also i hope Fury is not rushed into a world shot,like to see him have 4 or 5 good opponents next year as hes got time on his side.
TV dates would dictate only three fights for Fury next year. I agree he probably will cash out against Wlad/Vitali/whoever the WBC Title holder is if there is a vacation than fight Price.
I Shot JR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum