boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #31
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950
Default Re: I've scored the Pacquiao/Marquez Trilogy in Rounds .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I'm always amazed by the rounds people give to Marquez - I'd love to know how people score rounds. If Pacquiao goes forward, throws 2 punches, 1 connects and 1 kind of but MArquez counters with a good punch Marquez will be seen to have won that duel by some. Why? Because he countered an open Manny - this to me is crazy - I don't know if it's because Marquez is the underdog so the anti-Pacquiao sentiment or whether it's because people like to pretend they understand the purist side of the sweet science so go for the "Chess player" rather than the brawler.

I've scored all 3 fights a number of times...the only fight my scoring is tough on is fight 3.

Fight 1: I scored this recently so it's clearer in my head. Same score again - 113-112 Pacquiao - basically as judge #1 should have scored it. Round 1 (obviously) and Round 2 were Pacquiao's. Marquez took the next 4 rounds, Pacquiao got round 7, he was busier and connected more - Marquez took 8 and Pacquiao came back in 9 and 10, no doubt. Marquez took the last 2 rounds...113-112. I could understand it given the other way by maybe a point! but when people say Marquez won it easily I have to laugh, people are scoring out of hate or boxing snobbery.

Fight 2: Can't recall round by round but scored it 114-113 to Pacquiao

Fight 3: This fight was the one Marquez had a real complaint - he alludes to that himself. He says the 3rd fight was the one that outraged him...in other words the first 2 fights he was crying for the sake of crying. As Roach said "Those fights were so close that if we had lost by a point, we wouldn't cry like Marquez cries"...but fight 3 he had a case - I scored it a draw watching live, and then scored it 115-113 to Marquez - 1 or 2 rounds though are very very tough to score...Marquez also gave away round 12, that cost him and that sums him up - back up back up, don't make the fight and then wonder why judges don't favour you?

In my eyes, Pacquiao won 2, Marquez won 1 and I think most unbiased people will score it similarly
So based on your cards, you scored the trilogy, in rounds, 20-16 JMM?

Which is what this post is about, as we've gone over and over the differing opinions of what personal individual scores were for each fight numerous times.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #32
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing View Post
So based on your cards, you scored the trilogy, in rounds, 20-16 JMM?

Which is what this post is about, as we've gone over and over the differing opinions of what personal individual scores were for each fight numerous times.
Well I'm new to this forum so thought I'd get my opinion across about how I scored the fight

In terms of individual rounds then yes you're right. Apologies for not expressing that.

Worth noting that Marquez was lucky the referee came to his rescue in the 2nd fight or he would have fallen again, he looks capable of falling but he's never come close to rocking Pacquio.

But yes, in rounds where Marquez managed to stay on his feet, he won most of them
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #33
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Well I'm new to this forum so thought I'd get my opinion across about how I scored the fight

In terms of individual rounds then yes you're right. Apologies for not expressing that.

Worth noting that Marquez was lucky the referee came to his rescue in the 2nd fight or he would have fallen again, he looks capable of falling but he's never come close to rocking Pacquio.

But yes, in rounds where Marquez managed to stay on his feet, he won most of them

No need to apologise, I should have seen your join date and known that you haven't been involved in the numerous discussions. The date someone joins a forum has no bearings on their boxing knowledge though, so certainly no hard feelings...
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #34
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
I'm always amazed by the rounds people give to Marquez - I'd love to know how people score rounds. If Pacquiao goes forward, throws 2 punches, 1 connects and 1 kind of but MArquez counters with a good punch Marquez will be seen to have won that duel by some. Why? Because he countered an open Manny - this to me is crazy - I don't know if it's because Marquez is the underdog so the anti-Pacquiao sentiment or whether it's because people like to pretend they understand the purist side of the sweet science so go for the "Chess player" rather than the brawler.

I've scored all 3 fights a number of times...the only fight my scoring is tough on is fight 3.

Fight 1: I scored this recently so it's clearer in my head. Same score again - 113-112 Pacquiao - basically as judge #1 should have scored it. Round 1 (obviously) and Round 2 were Pacquiao's. Marquez took the next 4 rounds, Pacquiao got round 7, he was busier and connected more - Marquez took 8 and Pacquiao came back in 9 and 10, no doubt. Marquez took the last 2 rounds...113-112. I could understand it given the other way by maybe a point! but when people say Marquez won it easily I have to laugh, people are scoring out of hate or boxing snobbery.

Fight 3: This fight was the one Marquez had a real complaint - he alludes to that himself. He says the 3rd fight was the one that outraged him...in other words the first 2 fights he was crying for the sake of crying. As Roach said "Those fights were so close that if we had lost by a point, we wouldn't cry like Marquez cries"...but fight 3 he had a case - I scored it a draw watching live, and then scored it 115-113 to Marquez - 1 or 2 rounds though are very very tough to score...Marquez also gave away round 12, that cost him and that sums him up - back up back up, don't make the fight and then wonder why judges don't favour you?

In my eyes, Pacquiao won 2, Marquez won 1 and I think most unbiased people will score it similarly

Aggression counts, if you want to back pedal constantly and just wait for your opponent making mistakes and risking nothing yourself in taking the fight to your opponent, then you better win it fairly clearly...Marquez does not do that often enough.
Nice post.

I had the first fight 9 rounds to 3 for Marquez
2nd fight a draw, with Pac winning by a point
3rd fight 7-5 CLEARLY for Marquez
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #35
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

all 3 razor close but after 3 viewings I have all 3 to jmm.

Jmm fought best in the first fight though he really schooled pac that night

Pac fought best in the second and had some success in timing Juan and outboxing him.

The third saw both slightly past best fighting at a slower tempo and again it could have gone either way.

One of the atg trilogies. Can't wait for number 4.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #36
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

I've got it 36-0 for Marquez
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
El Fijador
ĦAguas! Donaire
ESB Full Member

I have Pacman winning the first by a point, So a draw or Juan win isn't crazy
The second Juan winning 8-4, 7-5 draw isn't crazy but I think Pacman win is slight push
The third was a clear Juan win, no other choice
El Fijador is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #38
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

1-1-1
miniq is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

knocking down an opponent is as important as winning a round. Each gives you one point over you opponent.

I have it 19-17 for Marquez in rounds.

and 4-0 for Pac in knockdowns.

Head to head, Pac edges out Marquez, even if you look at all 3 fights as if they were a single one (which is a bit stupid imo)
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #40
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Nice post.

I had the first fight 9 rounds to 3 for Marquez
2nd fight a draw, with Pac winning by a point
3rd fight 7-5 CLEARLY for Marquez
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
23 to 13 for....

Juan Manuel Marquezzzzzzzzzz!

9+6+7 = 22 not 23

3+6+5 = 14 not 13

to your credibility
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #41
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
I've got it 36-0 for Marquez
Haha class
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
You're biased.

Says the biggest, most obsessive Pac**** on the forum
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #43
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

I think I have it 19-17 - JMM
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #44
GTSK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Are you also counting the rounds PAC took off? Because I don't count those
GTSK is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #45
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

Quote:

Aggression counts, if you want to back pedal constantly and just wait for your opponent making mistakes and risking nothing yourself in taking the fight to your opponent, then you better win it fairly clearly...Marquez does not do that often enough.
Good post, my exact sentiments and feelings toward the trilogy, alot of fans are butthurt over Pac getting the razor thin decisions and want to turn it into a robbery which is just *******s.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum