Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Do you think Juan Manuel Marquez could give Mayweather a better fight in a rematch?

If Marquez does end up beating Pacquiao this time around, could he actually give Mayweather an even tougher fight?
If he beats Pacquiao, he would have nothing to prove any more, so he could go into a fight with Mayweather, wanting to become P4P best @ 147.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Do you think Juan Manuel Marquez could give Mayweather a better fight in a rematc

No

Mayweather is just alot better than Marquez who is alot better than Pacquiao
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
shanahan14
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Do you think Juan Manuel Marquez could give Mayweather a better fight in a rematc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
No

Mayweather is just alot better than Marquez who is alot better than Pacquiao
Well that's a biased and stupid comment. Pac and Mayweather are clearly debatable when it comes to who is better. There are plenty of threads for that. Sure your opinion is better than everyone's I know I know.

Styles make fights. See De La Hoya v. Mayweather. Marquez v. Pacquiao. DLH was washed up against Mayweather but his style made the fight competitive. Same goes for Cotto-Mayweather.
shanahan14 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

JMM could do better since he still got the hunger. I say he wins 2-3 rounds on rematch.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
Well that's a biased and stupid comment. Pac and Mayweather are clearly debatable when it comes to who is better. There are plenty of threads for that. Sure your opinion is better than everyone's I know I know.

Styles make fights. See De La Hoya v. Mayweather. Marquez v. Pacquiao. DLH was washed up against Mayweather but his style made the fight competitive. Same goes for Cotto-Mayweather.

Yeh I know
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

Styles make fights
miniq is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

All signs point to him doing better, at the very least, slightly better.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 8472

Without a doubt. His body was bloated when he fought Floyd. Now it's much more defined and muscular and better suited for the weight. But even more important, it's Mayweather's legs and reflexes that have slowed which will make it more competitive. The difference in footspeed was a huge factor in their first fight. Now Floyd's primarily a stationary fighter and there would be a lot more exchanges, which will give JMM more chances to land something.

But i still think Floyd would win about 8-4ish.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615

No.

Maybe 5% more competitive.

But thats all.

For me it shows the huuuuge gap between Pac and Floyd.

And if one person says styles make fights i will scream!!!
Mrtibbs is online now  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

I love Marquez but the truth is that Floyd is badly wrong for him,even allowing for better weight gain.Juanma has always performed better against come forward guys and when he's forced to take the initiative,it usually results in a hard fight.
Floyd would still pick him off at will and as a fan of both I have no desire to see this again,even though it might be slightly less emphatic second time around.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I love Marquez but the truth is that Floyd is badly wrong for him,even allowing for better weight gain.Juanma has always performed better against come forward guys and when he's forced to take the initiative,it usually results in a hard fight.
Floyd would still pick him off at will and as a fan of both I have no desire to see this again,even though it might be slightly less emphatic second time around.
Yeah, this. Even if he does better, it will be so likely to be by such an utterly negligible amount that there's no point in it for either of them. And this assumption is why most people will not want to see it. We all get that he's wearing the weight better, but they're still essentially the same guys who are just a little older and match up exactly the same way.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtibbs View Post
No.

Maybe 5% more competitive.

But thats all.

For me it shows the huuuuge gap between Pac and Floyd.

And if one person says styles make fights i will scream!!!
Styles make fights.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Floyd didn't let Cotto hit him just to give the fans a good fight. Lol. Cotto got to him because Floyd's legs are gone and he's mostly a stationary fighter now. And only because Ortiz is an overrated bum did Floyd look good in the pocket against him. But you put up someone decent against Floyd now and he's definitely hittable. He no longer posseses his amazing prime defense, which was based a lot on reflexes and his legs.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
juice20
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 430

He's adjusted to the weight better at this point, and seems to be aging well. But, it's still the same two guys. It's not like JMM made major errors in the fight that made the difference, he just got beat in every way. He'd probably win a few rounds, but lose 9-3 or 8-4 type thing. Floyd just does everything better. Unfortunately alot of things he does better are also JMM strengths. I don't enjoy admitting it, but its a fact.
juice20 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143

Yes, why wouldn`t he? Highly doubt that the same gameplan is going to be used if they have a 2nd fight.
Elite is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum