Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
pinstriper
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Top Coaches/trainers in Brisbane ?

Mugabi still coaching at the hills PCYC? Think he would know his shit?
Also Phil Holliday is out at the Thornlands
pinstriper is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinstriper View Post
Mugabi still coaching at the hills PCYC? Think he would know his shit?
Also Phil Holliday is out at the Thornlands
Good fighters dont always make good trainers ( & visa versa)
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #18
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
yeah. hes a deadshit. (mugabi)

some of the best trainers had little or no boxing experience.

observation, cognizance, and immagination leads to great leaps forward for humanity....let alone boxers...angelo dundee, from my research never had a fight.

brains and immagination. thats what helps fighters.

i still believe it helps if a bloke has faced another bloke. but dundee proves it only takes immagination and brains to educate a fighter to a title...if the fighter listens and trains hard.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #19
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
True! Nothing special about boxer Jack Rennie, but he knew how to train them. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
..could say the same for Steve Deller..and Sir Brenden..
agreed about steve. an admirable thing about steve is that he knows when his fighter is done and is not afraid to throw in the towel. theres a lot of trainers who wont do this.

this is why he was so pissed of at ian john lewis for stopping the fletcher saunders fight. he felt lewis undermined his ability as a trainer to know when his fighter was done. steve actuaslly had the towel in his hand.

as for brendon, i know he copped criticism for his corner work with katsidis, but i think his cornerwork is some of the best in the game. his instructions during the rounds is also excellent. very calm and clear and composed.
he also has one of the best stables in the country right now.
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
agreed about steve. an admirable thing about steve is that he knows when his fighter is done and is not afraid to throw in the towel. theres a lot of trainers who wont do this.

this is why he was so pissed of at ian john lewis for stopping the fletcher saunders fight. he felt lewis undermined his ability as a trainer to know when his fighter was done. steve actuaslly had the towel in his hand.

as for brendon, i know he copped criticism for his corner work with katsidis, but i think his cornerwork is some of the best in the game. his instructions during the rounds is also excellent. very calm and clear and composed.
he also has one of the best stables in the country right now.
With respect do you think that stoppage was premature mate ? I thought it was borderline . Young Jar was in a heap of trouble though .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
With respect do you think that stoppage was premature mate ? I thought it was borderline . Young Jar was in a heap of trouble though .
it wasnt really horrible. but the general consensus seems to be it was a tad early.
what pissed steve off was the fact that saunders would not have kept that pace up, and they knew the first couple rounds were gonna be a bit of a bastard to deal with. but get through them and into about the fourth, and jarrod would have used his superb boxing ability and possibly starting putting points on the board. its a ten rounder at the end of the day

but in saying all that, you cant take anything away from saunders. he came out there and took care of business very impressively. it was a wake up call for a lot of fighters/trainers in australia.
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Thanks for the prompt reply mate and I can understand your point but disagree , that said of I was a promoter that kid would be welcomed back with open arms here in Wales ( what's not to like ) ? Honest kid Erin honest backing , maybe if the youngster did come here for sn extended period of time and rematched Billy the grey area of stoppage could be removed , thanks to Aussie ESB I watched J a few times and think he is pure class and with the correct backing could really be one for gage future ( I know How patronising thus oust looks but it's what I see ) no offence .
Old 12-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Sorry for the typing errors .
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply mate and I can understand your point but disagree , that said of I was a promoter that kid would be welcomed back with open arms here in Wales ( what's not to like ) ? Honest kid Erin honest backing , maybe if the youngster did come here for sn extended period of time and rematched Billy the grey area of stoppage could be removed , thanks to Aussie ESB I watched J a few times and think he is pure class and with the correct backing could really be one for gage future ( I know How patronising thus oust looks but it's what I see ) no offence .
well fletcher has a test next weekend over in perth against robbie bryant. hes fighting for the paba title that bryant currently holds. its a bullshit belt but itll be interesting to see how fletcher bounces back from his devastating holiday in england in september.

bryant may try the bj saunders approach and jump on fletcher from the bell. thats what i would do
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 AM   #26
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Great to hear he ain't hanging around and is back . Defo one for the future IMO good luck to kid .
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #27
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

..Fletcher has been doin' a heap of sparring with Sherro leading up to Sherro 's recent fight..i seen him up at Dellers gym and he was lookin' in pretty good nick...a total professional in his preparation..
darkhorse is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum