Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #45361
marty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Warms up after a bit when Fury starts singing and then gives his opinion on every Heavyweight around at the moment.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

marty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #45362
jebus
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Big weekend coming up for Irish boxing Hyland and Magee both will go in as underdogs on saturday but not beyond them by any means,
Any predictions on how these fights will go?
If i had to stick my neck out i would say of the two magee has a better chance of pulling off a points win,
In the states a lot will depend on if Hyland can get to the championship rounds and win it from there.
jebus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #45363
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 697
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus View Post
Big weekend coming up for Irish boxing Hyland and Magee both will go in as underdogs on saturday but not beyond them by any means,
Any predictions on how these fights will go?
If i had to stick my neck out i would say of the two magee has a better chance of pulling off a points win,
In the states a lot will depend on if Hyland can get to the championship rounds and win it from there.
Of the two i agree Magee would be the most likely he has fought and won at this level before and in Denmark to boot,
Hyland has done well at a lower tier level but a very big step up against a rising star will be a very big ask for him.
puca is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #45364
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A rebel i came and i'll die the same
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Magee will get stopped late, Hyland will get stopped early - I'm an optimistic cunt
iceman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #45365
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 1440
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Can someone tell me about Ryan Clark ?
He won his last 3 by KO so it got me curious.
Badbot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #45366
mosseylennon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Tijuana
Posts: 481
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Magee will get stopped late, Hyland will get stopped early - I'm an optimistic cunt
With you on this one I have giving up being optimistic with Irish fighters fighting on the big stage. Bites me in the arse everytime, Macklin has done well though.

But the best of luck to the both of them.
mosseylennon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #45367
jonnytightlips
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: I aint sayin nothin
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 900
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbot View Post
Can someone tell me about Ryan Clark ?
He won his last 3 by KO so it got me curious.
He has like 50 losses ad 4 wins and cant stand the sight of Anto Fitz.
jonnytightlips is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #45368
zetsui
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 926
vCash: 416
Default Re: Irish Boxing

The Irish school of boxing ...defense: move forward absorb punches with your face
zetsui is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #45369
marty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus View Post
Big weekend coming up for Irish boxing Hyland and Magee both will go in as underdogs on saturday but not beyond them by any means,
Any predictions on how these fights will go?
If i had to stick my neck out i would say of the two magee has a better chance of pulling off a points win,
In the states a lot will depend on if Hyland can get to the championship rounds and win it from there.
Both are up against it but have a chane, there not complete no hopers
marty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #45370
adamburke83
***.THEHYLANDBROTHERS.com
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 737
vCash: 75
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Full night of boxing on Saturday on TV.
From 8.00 Magee v Kessler, Barker v Hope, O'Kane v Ryder on Sky Sports
Then 2.00am Prime time showing 4 full fights, Pajo v Fortuna, Pac v Marquez, Gamboa, Vazquez

And nearly forgot De geale is on a hessenny bill on Chanel 5 too
adamburke83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #45371
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,996
vCash: 174
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamburke83 View Post
Full night of boxing on Saturday on TV.
From 8.00 Magee v Kessler, Barker v Hope, O'Kane v Ryder on Sky Sports
Then 2.00am Prime time showing 4 full fights, Pajo v Fortuna, Pac v Marquez, Gamboa, Vazquez

And nearly forgot De geale is on a hessenny bill on Chanel 5 too
Really hope Pajo can shock the world
Paddy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #45372
Steve Wellings
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belfast
Posts: 420
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytightlips View Post
He has like 50 losses ad 4 wins and cant stand the sight of Anto Fitz.
He once said after a fight in the Holiday Inn that he was going to take loads of fights at short notice as a journeyman and then start training properly with notice when he had the experience.

I thought yeah right but lo and behold....
Steve Wellings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #45373
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 1440
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wellings View Post
He once said after a fight in the Holiday Inn that he was going to take loads of fights at short notice as a journeyman and then start training properly with notice when he had the experience.

I thought yeah right but lo and behold....
I once thought about this tactic. But to lose 50 fights he is a looney.
Anyone know if he can win any legit domestic level belts ?
Badbot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #45374
Jonny The Hips
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Irish Boxing

No pre exam nerves for King Kane ahead of Ryder clash
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brian Magee: No need for trash talk at tomorrow press conference Danes already hate me
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ian Tims: The only cruiser worthy of challenging for my title is Shane McPhilbin
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jonny The Hips is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #45375
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 697
Default Re: Irish Boxing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Neptune card and opponents,
Spikes fighting a lad with a 18-12 record,The Sharpe fight is off apparently.
puca is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013