Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Vazquez vs Gesta

Gents i think this is a real stand out undercard fight, brilliant! with very little fuss being made

Who you got? and how do you see it going?

thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Vazquez vs Gesta

I haven't seen Gesta but i wasn't impressed with Vasquez against Quintero. Maybe it was the fact he knew he had Gesta up next and looked past Marvin but his defence was sloppy. He didn't find range well until midway through the contest, he only adapted around round 9.

He didn't put a dent in a normally shakey guy in Quintero and was taking shots himself and ran close, very close!. He's awkward but Quintero's plan was smart as he waited at range and enticed Vasquez to lead off and fall him and started to cut the ring off better in middle rounds.

Vasquez won the fight when he stood centre ring in round 9 IIRC. Quintero never really recovered with the change of plan even when Vasquez reverted back to circling from outside.

I've heard Gesta bangs a bit, This could be a corker if he can trap Vasquez and smartly force him into a fight without being over zealous early.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I think it was Gesta where last time I saw him he looked like he had roots.

He seriously needs to quicken that footwork up, look a bit more lively against Vasquez. That's what Vasquez's whole game is based around exploiting. It's okay looking for power but you gotta be able to find the guy.

Vasquez was poor in his last fight. Very negative approach. There is good ring generalship then there is stinking the joint out, and Vasquez's approach teetered a little too close to the latter for comfort.

I don't think Vasquez is the real deal we thought he may have been. I think he just happened to exploit Prescott, who is basically a complete and utter retard as a fighter. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and fights to them but somehow I'm more convinced he's waiting to be dethroned rather than being some Carlos Molina under the radar type 'a little boring but basically damn good at it' type fighter.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haven't been too impressed with him either, would be a good opponent for Burns - I'm surprised everyone's always linking him to Broner and not this guy.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

I personally think Gesta will beat Vazquez, while Vazquez is not an old fighter by any means he's got mileage that most 25 year old fighters dont have, I agree Vazquez did look crap last time out, which disappointed me somewhat, i was and still am expecting big'ish things from the guy, as i am Gesta, Gesta does strike me as the "fresher" man.

Gesta is the more skilled of the fighters, he kind of worries me the way he tends to drift in and out of fights, one minute he can look sensational, the next he may get caught with a silly shot or 2, plus he lacks power! Vazquez is no puncher but he does have some pop there, more than Gesta in my humble opinion

For the sake of the fight i hope we get Briedis Prescott Vazquez turn up on the night, i have Gesta de throning the champ here, and i think it does have the ingredients to be a thriller, im not completely sure it will be though

Mercito Gesta W Miguel Vazquez 116-112
Old 12-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyT View Post
Haven't been too impressed with him either, would be a good opponent for Burns - I'm surprised everyone's always linking him to Broner and not this guy.
Vazquez or Gesta?

It would be a tough night for Burns with either
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Vasquez will beat Gesta but I think Ricky could get by Vasquez over 12.
Funny how so many people had Vasquez as the #1 in the division (especially in the Gen) One average performace later and it's like he never existed.But even though I think Ricky could beat him it would be anything but easy.
I think it'd be like those old 15 round title fights where it keeps swinging between both fighters.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
B.A
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haven't seen Gesta so can't make a prediction, Vasquez is a tricky fighter to beat on his day, he's much better then his last performance.
B.A is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2556

From what I've read, I think Gesta wins this one, but I think it will be toe to toe. Vazquez is a bit 1 dimensional sometimes. I'm looking forward to the Fortuna fight the most...the featherweights are shaping up nicely!!
Carnage is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
From what I've read, I think Gesta wins this one, but I think it will be toe to toe. Vazquez is a bit 1 dimensional sometimes. I'm looking forward to the Fortuna fight the most...the featherweights are shaping up nicely!!
Is it Hyland Fortuna is fighting? I think Hyland will get stopped.
sgtcecil is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2556

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcecil View Post
Is it Hyland Fortuna is fighting? I think Hyland will get stopped.
Yeah it is. Yup, agreed. Hylands a good fighter, but has taken this fight on short notice. Plus Fortuna is too good a boxer to lose to Hyland...I think it will be an early maybe mid round stoppage.
Carnage is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
B.A
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yeah it is. Yup, agreed. Hylands a good fighter, but has taken this fight on short notice. Plus Fortuna is too good a boxer to lose to Hyland...I think it will be an early maybe mid round stoppage.
Hyland has had 2 months notice..
B.A is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 480

Quote:

Hope the british bookies price up this fight and vasquez.

Fancy vazquez ud
sgtcecil is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum