Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
bruiserh

vCash:
Default Re: Bowie Tupou vs Bryant Jennings - Dec 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
As much as I'd love to sit infront of my computer all night and read your Bowie Tupou thread, I can't. Like I said, you don't appear to know much about moving fighters and obviously have little understanding of the business side of the sport.

Your original response didnt mention Weida, it just said "it's not much better", but thats fine. With a limited budget you're only going to get a certain level of fighter. If you think it's about "proving" something like you say, then you're missing the point.

If an offer akin to the Jennings one presents itself at least he'll have been active heading in. Sitting on the sidelines never helps a boxer.
Speaking of the sidelines Ippy, is everything OK with Mostyn? He's had a long lay off since his loss to Ammann.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
As much as I'd love to sit infront of my computer all night and read your Bowie Tupou thread, I can't.
Point taken about the thread name. As only 1 of the 15 posts in this thread have been about Tupou I've re-named the thread in line with its content and recreated the Tupou thread
Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
As much as I'd love to sit infront of my computer all night and read your Bowie Tupou thread, I can't. Like I said, you don't appear to know much about moving fighters and obviously have little understanding of the business side of the sport.

Your original response didnt mention Weida, it just said "it's not much better", but thats fine. With a limited budget you're only going to get a certain level of fighter. If you think it's about "proving" something like you say, then you're missing the point.

If an offer akin to the Jennings one presents itself at least he'll have been active heading in. Sitting on the sidelines never helps a boxer.
No need to sit up all night. I didn't. The beauty of this forum is its still here the next day

There are hundreds & hundreds of younger, more competitive fighters in the heavyweight rankings between de Mori and the hasbeens and neverwases he's been fighting.

Encouraging guys like Damon Reed to make comebacks, and Calloway & Weida to continue when it's no longer in the interests of their wellbeing is just poor form. Something you seem very reluctant to discuss specifically
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
Speaking of the sidelines Ippy, is everything OK with Mostyn? He's had a long lay off since his loss to Ammann.
Not interested in boxing at the moment mate.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
No need to sit up all night. I didn't. The beauty of this forum is its still here the next day

There are hundreds & hundreds of younger, more competitive fighters in the heavyweight rankings between de Mori and the hasbeens and neverwases he's been fighting.
Encouraging guys like Damon Reed to make comebacks, and Calloway & Weida to continue when it's no longer in the interests of their wellbeing is just poor form.
Something you seem very reluctant to discuss specifically
It's been said ad nauseum here before. All opponents are given the go ahead by DKP. If you think younger Heavyweights are going to fight a 19-1 Heavyweight for a small purse you're dreaming and further reinforces my point. His best bet is to keep active rather than sit and do nothing. If an opportunity arises, he at least wont be rusty.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
It's been said ad nauseum here before. All opponents are given the go ahead by DKP. If you think younger Heavyweights are going to fight a 19-1 Heavyweight for a small purse you're dreaming and further reinforces my point. His best bet is to keep active rather than sit and do nothing. If an opportunity arises, he at least wont be rusty.
When all else fails blame Don hey.

Who signed with Don King? - twice? Oh that's right it was Mark de Mori.

de Mori was still saying as recently as March this year that signing with Don King is the highlight of his career

But Mark's only in it for the entertainment now isn't he
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Mark de Mori - the most padded career in Aussie boxing?

It seems you really do struggle understanding the business side of the sport. If you think DKP are going to let him fight anyone at the drop of a hat over here in Australia, when they have little to no upside, then you don't understand boxing 101.

I don't believe Mark had any management guiding him when he resigned again. Either way, he's a DKP boxer. He's ranked by the WBC and some interesting developments are coming out of Cancun at the moment, which hopefully will move him along.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #23
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

which hopefully will move him along.
if he flicks a finger, hes a title chance.....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah the current situation with DK sucks, but it has got Mark to where he is today and allowed him to live the life he has wanted to live.

Another fight to be made public today I think for December so am sure that will give you some more excitement Spider.
Totalpac is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #25
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
It seems you really do struggle understanding the business side of the sport. If you think DKP are going to let him fight anyone at the drop of a hat over here in Australia, when they have little to no upside, then you don't understand boxing 101.

I don't believe Mark had any management guiding him when he resigned again. Either way, he's a DKP boxer. He's ranked by the WBC and some interesting developments are coming out of Cancun at the moment, which hopefully will move him along.
I have no disillusions of grandeur. But plainly I have enough understanding to identify a team pulling in different directions, with a fighter compiling the most padded record in Australian boxing

Mark de Mori himself says signing with Don King is the "highlight of his career". His little shadow Totalpac says "King got Mark to where he is today and allowed him to live the life he has wanted to live".

Meanwhile King gongs out anything promising that comes along for Mark like a Bryant Jennings fight, and you feed Mark tune-up fight after tune-up fight against nobodies, and over the hill hasbeens.

What a circus
Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpac View Post
Another fight to be made public today I think for December so am sure that will give you some more excitement Spider.
I'm setting my expectations as low as possible having seen the passing parade of nobodies and neverwases he's fought or tried to fight >>>

Dominique Alexander (journeyman at best), Damon Reed (tried to coerce out of retirement), Rob Calloway (42, shot, damaged and now retired), Saul Farah (probably the worst of this sad lot), Troy Weida (39, shot, damaged and with 7 first round KO losses)
Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #27
leftrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Then I can only presume you don't know a great deal about moving fighters. Ask any boxer if they'd rather sit on the shelf or keep active, and I know what the answer will be.
Moving where? He is going nowhere with the substandard opponents he chooses to fight just to get wins on his record. Only his inner circle take him seriously in this sport and using the promoter as an excuse is wearing thin, how many times has DKP have to get him fights in US or any of his promotions??? He seems to have not done much surely the contract has not been fulfilled by DKP's end so there must be an option for Mark to get out of it?
leftrip is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
The Spider

vCash:

Has Don King actually got de Mori one single fight in the past 3 or 4 years?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #29
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Has Don King actually got de Mori one single fight in the past 3 or 4 years?
there would be a way out of the contract. but if mark did that, hed be expected to have more than 6 fights in the past 5 years.......

and he couldnt say; "DKP wouldnt let me...." what a ****en pretending poser....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #30
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Until the contract expires how can you argue DK hasn't fulfilled it?

I'm not saying he will.

But no, there is no easy way out of it without a long and lengthy court battle and as Coyne has seemed to show, even when it appears expired if DK thinks it's not he can make it very difficult.

So why not look on the bright side of it, Mark's with DK and he's working with it, since his 2.5 years of zero fights he has had 3 soon to be 4 fights in a year and half. His name has been mentioned as an opponent for Stiverne, Fury, Wilder, Peter and Jennings over the past year which is the power of DK.

Yes it hasn't been great but by being with DK there is always that chance that he will get called up for 'the big show' at any time. Mark will be ready.

No excuses, Mark made his bed and he is more than happy to lay in it and make it work.
Totalpac is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum