Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Eubank beats Degale

Jr. will end up needing a LOT more learning fights than Degale. Eubank Sr. etc. calling him out is just bullshit in case they can fight a few years down the road, not a few fights. I honestly see him being about 20-0 before he takes anyone at the very top of domestic level. If that.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Be honest I think Dilks is as good as anyone Jr has fought, Toss up with Pryce. Smith is miles better than all of them.
Journey Man is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
vinnyboy
Journeyman

vCash: 500

any one who thinks eubank can beat degale knows very little about the sport of boxing
vinnyboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

It's a pleasant surprise to see DeGale getting some form of praise on here even if it's a sort of backhanded compliment least people do respect he can box and fight.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #20
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Chris Eubank Junior for me, just does not have the physical strength of a legit super middle weight fighter. Eubank Junior is fast, he's slick, can throw combinations but he just seems to lack serious physical strength.

I think James Degale if they fought next year, would probably stop him late on! In a competitive good fight.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #21
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Chris Eubank Junior for me, just does not have the physical strength of a legit super middle weight fighter. Eubank Junior is fast, he's slick, can throw combinations but he just seems to lack serious physical strength.

I think James Degale if they fought next year, would probably stop him late on! In a competitive good fight.
There is time though, hes still only a young laddie & I find that with some fighters, power developes with age. Eubanks son certainly has the physique, & once he grows into that build? The KO's might start coming.

Maybe Im falling into the old trap of young star beating faded fighter & giving the younger guy too much credit for beating a guy cos I remember a prime Price, but I can see why Scurla is throwing this one out there. There was something about Eubank jnr in that fight, he looks like hes improving dramatically. & if his old man keeps him as busy as he was coming up? Things could get very interesting, very quickly.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #22
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

This is like when scurla proclaimed Floyd a 'genius' after the Ortiz fight.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #23
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
This is like when scurla proclaimed Floyd a 'genius' after the Ortiz fight.
Cool story. Care to back that up with the post where i actually said that? Nah didn't think so. Floyds been a 'genius' boxer for years now. If you can't see that you don't need watch this sport.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
There is time though, hes still only a young laddie & I find that with some fighters, power developes with age. Eubanks son certainly has the physique, & once he grows into that build? The KO's might start coming.

Maybe Im falling into the old trap of young star beating faded fighter & giving the younger guy too much credit for beating a guy cos I remember a prime Price, but I can see why Scurla is throwing this one out there. There was something about Eubank jnr in that fight, he looks like hes improving dramatically. & if his old man keeps him as busy as he was coming up? Things could get very interesting, very quickly.
Old heads myan have wise eyes
These young posters don't know shit about boxing.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Cool story. Care to back that up with the post where i actually said that? Nah didn't think so. Floyds been a 'genius' boxer for years now. If you can't see that you don't need watch this sport.
It was a thread started by you, morning after. To make myself clear, I'm not saying the Ortiz fight convinced you. Only that it compelled you to re-affirm your position on Floyd's ability. That performance?!? Low standards.

Stick to MMA. You know what you're talking about there.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #26
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post

ive watched every eubank jnr fight,he aint improved in my eyes,looks the same,same shots ,same head movement(zilc) same footwork and same power(zilc),and i can't think of any boxer who has got power over night,it don't happen,power dont come from lifting weights and big shoulders,its a natural thing
i know its only his 1st few fights but to me(i know i know im only a young lad)you can see something special in boxers and i just don't see it in him,but by no stretch is winning the brit title mean you are a shit boxer,just means your not world class
widdy is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
It was a thread started by you, morning after. To make myself clear, I'm not saying the Ortiz fight convinced you. Only that it compelled you to re-affirm your position on Floyd's ability. That performance?!? Low standards.

Stick to MMA. You know what you're talking about there.
Then go and find it sweet heart. Don't make claims as to what i apparently said, then add your own subjective interpretation without backing them up, because put simply you're talking shit. But then again your infamous for that on here.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #28
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

You know you started the thread. And you are ridiculed all over the forum pal, I'm one of the few who actually likes you, so wouldn't play that card. I am acclaimed all over, poster of the year and whatnot
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
You know you started the thread. And you are ridiculed all over the forum pal, I'm one of the few who actually likes you, so wouldn't play that card. I am acclaimed all over, poster of the year and whatnot
You're a master of mendacious sophistry Flea. Ridiculed all over the forum? FFS
Old 12-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
You're a master of mendacious sophistry Flea. Ridiculed all over the forum? FFS
Knew you'd like that....sweetheart