Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
DREAMCATCHER
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Rakhim Chakhkiev....

What next for the talented Russian southpaw? This guy is a seriously good prospect. He won gold @ the 2008 olympics and is currently 16-0 @ CW and whilst he's still pretty green as a pro i can't see many CW's beating him even now! I know that's a bold statement but i believe he will take a belt very shortly! A move to HW in the future may be one option too! The guy looks like he is carved straight out of a block of granite and is steam rolling through the opposition....

I think he would beat Huck now! Do u agree?
DREAMCATCHER is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 116
Default Re: Rakhim Chakhkiev....

Could be good. he needs to step up in competition though.
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMCATCHER View Post
What next for the talented Russian southpaw? This guy is a seriously good prospect. He won gold @ the 2008 olympics and is currently 16-0 @ CW and whilst he's still pretty green as a pro i can't see many CW's beating him even now! I know that's a bold statement but i believe he will take a belt very shortly! A move to HW in the future may be one option too! The guy looks like he is carved straight out of a block of granite and is steam rolling through the opposition....

I think he would beat Huck now! Do u agree?

Chakhkiev is ready. He too strong for anyone to engage, and for his build has a good defense.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Solid amateur career, but I definitely agree that he has to step up in competition. The guy will be 30 next month and hasn't fought anyone of notice.
Tyler_Durden is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

King of the Uni-Brow
globeman is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #6
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he is the real deal. i'am telling this for 2 years now. right now he would already beat everyone besides lebedev!!! he will be the undisputed cruiserweight champ at the end of next year
Mordechai is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #7
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
King of the Uni-Brow
Agreed. Unbeatable in that department

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Tyler_Durden is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Crusierweight is a messy division that urgently needs some sweeping and cleaning up. I would love it if Chambers actually dives into the division and starts picking up belts and we eventually get some battles between Chakhiev, Hernandez, Lebedev, and Chambers.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Alot of positive comments im a big fan of Chakhkiev but i'll play Devil's Advocate here.

The biggest question mark for his career is that he is with ****ing Universum. He should be stepping up in competition but his last couple fights he's actually taken a step down. Iv always thought that he has A level power and still do but his last two fights against Taylor and Mendoza have gone 9 and 10 rounds, alot longer than they should have so i do wonder about that.

One shortcoming seems to be a lack of variety or ability to make adjustments. If you survive the first 3 or 4 rounds of explosive violence it seems like the only thing that changes is his level of intensity. He'll slow down and take a rest then explode again but doesnt seem to offer anything different.

A durable counter puncher with power or a tall boxer with a good jab, footwork and some power and countering skills could present the most trouble for him imo. Lebedev, YPH, Kiladze, Kucher fit this mold the most although i don't think YPH has the chin or mental toughness needed to maintain focus and a gameplan through adversity to succeed. Lebedev, Kiladze, Kucher, Chambers will be his toughest competition imo.

Chakhkiev is looking to get a WBC title shot and with Wlodarczyk's low workrate he wont be able to keep him off and if he can take the punishment he wont be winning rounds again because of his low volume. Huck would also be a tough fight but i really think he wouldn't fight in his typical style and would run against Chakhkiev like he did against Lebedev whose power and body punching seemed to bother him greatly. Chakhkiev goes downstaires even more than Denis does. Chambers would be interesting his counter punching, defense and all around quality could cause problems but at the same time Chakhkiev's power, aggression, workrate, body punching could cause Eddie problems a little similar to the way Povetkin did.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 12-13-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Chakhkiev defeated Haapoja today by TKO 9.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His opponent barely beat the count but, after taking a beating in every round, was in no condition to continue.
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haapoja was in perfect condition to continue, but decided not to. He knew he was loosing that fight and he has an other fight in may. Just came to pick up a paychek ala jounrneyman. Haapoja didnt even try to win. Chakhiev looked average and Haapoja could have easily went the distance.
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
Haapoja was in perfect condition to continue, but decided not to. He knew he was loosing that fight and he has an other fight in may. Just came to pick up a paychek ala jounrneyman. Haapoja didnt even try to win. Chakhiev looked average and Haapoja could have easily went the distance.
Oh cmon..

Get a life pelle
Consu is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
Oh cmon..