Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 189
Default Re: Wlad gets severely underrated in H2H matchups

wlad is a really good fighter he will be a tough fight for anyone i think tyson beats him but not as easy as made out wlad would be great if he was born with vitalis chin tho.
tonys333 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i saw the Ring issue of Klitscho vs the greats and it was like what if this guy lands on Wlad or this guy lands on Wlad

how bout if Wlad lands on these guys, they all go back to the supposed glass jaw of Wlad but ignore that a lot of the classic guys have been stopped and ignore Wlad has all kinds of fire power

the articles like what if Foreman hits Wlad, well what if Wlad hits foreman

my opinion on Wlad is basically that at his size and with his athleticism and power is a threat to anybody who ever fought in the heavyweight ranks

does this mean that he beats everyone, no, these are big heavyweights they can all KO each other with one shot or change a fight with one punch

I think Wlad holds enough advantages where he is a live dog or even 50/50 or better with the majority of champs in history

does this mean he couldnt lose to someone no

for me he would be really in danger vs a select few and the guys i wouldnt pick im to beat with total confidence would be as follows

Lennox Lewis- i see this as a pretty close match up but Lewis to me appears more versatile offensively and more capable of going to war

Tyson- The guy on his greatest days was a machine, power, speed, explosiveness, grit, attitude defense etc...Guy is a lock over many for h2h comparison, i dont think Wlad definitely wins here but i also dont think he definitely loses

Holmes- I would be willing to bet Wlad would win but Holmes is a great and savvy fighter

Ali- Depending on which title reign you use Ali was just a master of his craft even when past his best days. for me he is difficult to pick against

Louis- athletically gifted and has wins over large heavyweights, great technique, not sure if he could beat Wlad but it would be interesting
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys333 View Post
wlad is a really good fighter he will be a tough fight for anyone i think tyson beats him but not as easy as made out wlad would be great if he was born with vitalis chin tho.
and without safety pin he would be pretty close to unbeatable but its a big "IF"
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
and without safety pin he would be pretty close to unbeatable but its a big "IF"
ye but if he did i would back him to beat alot of the fighters from the past but he doesnt an he has a good style for the fighters of todays HW era but fighters like lewis an tyson would be able to hit him alot more an i think his chin myt let him down but you can never be sure because it will never happen.
tonys333 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 783

There isn't a single doubt that wladimir would have won against Mike..... Mike was too short, and always suffered from boxer with a significative reach advantage and that didn't try to fight him in the inside....
You say Tyson have already defeated tall guys? Yes, he defeated tall guys, not tall skilled and non-bum fighters.... Have you ever seen tyson vs lewis? tyson wasn't even able to reach lennox's head with jabs, go figure with uppercuts! Emmanuel later said that tyson was so phisically limited that they would have dropped him if he would have been a sparring partner, and that he was way more worried by the referee than from mike.... Problem is, that peoples bases their opinions on the k.o's montage on youtube, not on the entire fights.... Go watch the prime tyson vs James Smith..... watch it entirely, he was in his full prime, and he still wasn't able to take out a fighter that wasn't so strong.... mainly for his size.

ah, and of course that doesn't mean that tyson was a bad fighter; to the conrary, technically he was one of the best ever, he moved very well, he used a lot of different techniques, he was a pleasure to watch; the problem is that his own size was at the same time the thing that allowed him to move so fast (shorter leverages, shorter legs) and the thing that didn't allow him to beat the strong fighters of his own era, go figure someone of the caliber of a Klitschko
(by the way: Vitali offered Tyson to fight, when he still was active; Tyson gently declined )
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #21
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
40 year old cruiser that Wlad held on to for 2/3's of the fight ≠ Mike Tyson
Obviously. But it's only as equally ludicrous as your statement that Tyson has seen hundreds of Wlads.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #22
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

i agree Tyson is a bad matchup for Wlad...and not because Wlad is a "stiff, slow, glass chinned and clumsy robot" as some posters here like to think but simply because prime Tyson posses all the tool needed to get a great boxer like Wlad out of there.

Tyson is pretty much the only boxer that im sure would beat Wlad; hell i dont give Lennox as much chances as i give Tyson against Wlad.
Cael is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

Tyson is too small and elusive for Wlad to land anything heavy on him
Cael is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
I can't see a 5'10 boxer beating Wlad, I don't care if it's tyson. He is going to get wrecked on the outside.
I agree with this. Wlad would destroy the small guys like Frazier and Tyson.

Holmes, Bowe, Lewis etc. would be much much tougher tasks for Wlad.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
40 year old cruiser that Wlad held on to for 2/3's of the fight ≠ Mike Tyson
Just as dumb as the guys who use Bruno as a blueprint for how Tyson would take apart Wlad.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Sickening to watch that excessive illegal holding because he's to cowardly to fight inside. Hes a disgrace to the sport.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #28
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

lol go ahead and watch Wlad hold on to a 40 year old has been thinking he'd do the same to Tyson

Tyson would have Wlad scared sh!tless ... he would jump right into Wlad's chest from the opening bell and crush him

I'd give Vitali a better chance but Tyson is all wrong from Wladimir ... he either gets DQ'ed or has his jaw pummeled down his throat
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Tyson has already destroyed a Wladimir Klitschko in the past:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You're comparing the BUM to Wlad?
Montero is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #30
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
Tyson is too small and elusive for Wlad to land anything heavy on him
The so called "too elusive" Tyson got hitted, and well, even by boxers slower and less accurate than Wlad; and also, his "elusiveness", based on dodging and moving alot, has an high cost, in terms of pure energy (moving the entire torso burns a lot of energy), and also in terms of stunned head; in fact, when the fights went over the first rounds, his "elusiveness" bacame elusive, and progressively less effective.
Finally, even whit a boxer able to dodge everything, without tiring, wlad would still win at points
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum