Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pavlik hasn't done much at SMW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvizzz View Post
Bullshit post... plz stfu
Which part is bullshit?

Plenty of athletes have come back from alcohol and drug problems. Some remained top class athletes even DURING their alcohol and drug problems. Are you denying that Chavez didnt have though issues?

He admitted to starting to drinki heavily after the Rosado fight which was in the middle of his career!

And no,I wont.
irishny is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #32
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
And what if Ward goes up and loses in his first fight to Cloud.
Will Clouds victory mean nothing?

There are NO fights at 168 that really mean anhthing for Ward. This is as good as any.

Also, by "in his 30s" you mean just turned 30.

Pavlik is still a young guy.

Of course Cloud's victory would mean something, because Ward is a proven commodity at 168 and might be great at 175, too. No one knows that yet.

By the same token, Dawson was a good win for Ward because he might have been healthy at that weight. No one knew. Now, however, someone else beating him at 168 would mean little.

Pavlik at 168 is just like Dawson at 168. Not much accomplished, and previously exposed as not up to the task. In KP's case, he has several poor performances that harm his outlook plus all the out-of-the-ring stuff.

I don't blame Ward because there's not much else for him, but it sucks for Kelly because I think he could make a go of it and a nice paycheck against Abraham or Bute.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #33
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
My point is that he's a better fighter p4p and accomplished more. Which is why he's ranked higher on boxrec. He is clearly better than Rosinsky. I don't get the dick whacking reference.
He is ranked on Boxrec at 14th on the basis of being whacked by Froch at a weight he hasn't been at since 2007? No wonder you don't get the dick whacking reference. That is where your brain seems to reside and you've whacked it senseless.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #34
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 515

I agree completely. Pavlik hasnt done anything and isnt a top SMW, but we are in a weak SMW era, where there arent many real good ones.
The top 10, 5-10 is almost made up of fighters who havent hardly done anything at SMW.

Some fighters cant compete at a certain weight -
G Johnson was world class at LHW, but a journeyman at SMW
J Taylor was world class at MW, but couldnt do much at SMW
J Pascal didnt look great at SMW, but was world class at LHW

Pavlik may be the same
bailey is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #35
1ytownfan
who?
ESB Jr Member

KP has fought at smw quite often thru out his career. Look at his Ross Thompson fight. Ross was a little over but KP was young and he beat quite a slickster at smw. He loss 2 fights and not washed up. One thing I know for sure is that you learn alot from losing and it makes u better. In mma its ok to have losses, but gettin beat in boxing, by 2 atg none the less, makes u washed up
1ytownfan is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
He is ranked on Boxrec at 14th on the basis of being whacked by Froch at a weight he hasn't been at since 2007? No wonder you don't get the dick whacking reference. That is where your brain seems to reside and you've whacked it senseless.
He is ranked 14 on Boxrec because of what he has done at 175. He's a better p4p fighter than Rosinsky and deserves to be ranked ahead of him. What's so difficult for you to understand?

Mayweather is number 1 at 154 despite other fighters doing more at the weight, because he's better p4p than them. Simple stuff.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #37
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
He is ranked 14 on Boxrec because of what he has done at 175.
So, what Mack did at LHW is more relevant than what Pavlik did at MW?

Well guess what sweetheart. You left out the fact that Kelly is rated #8 at SMW. This just gets better and better.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #38
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
So, what Mack did at LHW is more relevant than what Pavlik did at MW?

Well guess what sweetheart. You left out the fact that Kelly is rated #8 at SMW. This just gets better and better.
WTF are you talking about? Go back and read what I said. My post that you latched on to was in response to a guy claiming Pavlik's victory over Rosinsky was 100 times better than Froch's over Mack (which is nonsense).

Where have I said what Mack did at LHW was better than what Pavlik did at MW?

I was comparing Rosinsky with Mack. Pay some attention to what you read before you respond to it. I know it's difficult for you, being so far stuck up Pavlik's arse, you seem to think everything is about him, but do try.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #39
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Go back and read what I said. My post that you latched on to was in response to a guy claiming Pavlik's victory over Rosinsky was 100 times better than Froch's over Mack (which is nonsense).

Where have I said what Mack did at LHW was better than what Pavlik did at MW?

I was comparing Rosinsky with Mack. Pay some attention to what you read before you respond to it. I know it's difficult for you, being so far stuck up Pavlik's arse, you seem to think everything is about him, but do try.
You are claiming Mack's #14 ranking at Boxrec is superior to Pavlik's #8. I know exactly what I'm reading here. You brought in the Boxrec rankings to justify Froch so you can't leave out Kelly's ranking. The only thing Mack has done at 168 since 2007 is DRAIN DOWN FROM LHW for a pay check. He looked like he was paid under the table to make sure Froch didn't take damage. He doesn't even deserve to be ranked at #14 for that at all. So yes, Pavlik fighting actual SMW's is 100 times better than that. Not even a discussion to be made otherwise unless you want to quibble about the order of magnitude which is just a pissing contest.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #40
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You are claiming Mack's #14 ranking at Boxrec is superior to Pavlik's #8. I know exactly what I'm reading here. You brought in the Boxrec rankings to justify Froch so you can't leave out Kelly's ranking. The only thing Mack has done at 168 since 2007 is DRAIN DOWN FROM LHW for a pay check. He looked like he was paid under the table to make sure Froch didn't take damage. He doesn't even deserve to be ranked at #14 for that at all. So yes, Pavlik fighting actual SMW's is 100 times better than that. Not even a discussion to be made otherwise unless you want to quibble about the order of magnitude which is just a pissing contest.
I am not claiming Macks 14 ranking is superior to Pavliks. Jesus, I'm dealing with a retard. Ignored. Not worth it.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I am not claiming Macks 14 ranking is superior to Pavliks. Jesus, I'm dealing with a retard. Ignored. Not worth it.
Yeah, you can't even remotely justifying how Mack is ranked #14. Don't bother. You would look like an even bigger fool.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #42
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookie View Post
A clear loss to Hopkins at 170 Lbs and a few wins over some unknown guys at 168 Lbs isn't much. In the mean time he also clearly lost to Martinez at 160 Lbs.

I doubt he'll do much vs. Ward.
He hasn't done much at middleweight either other than beating Taylor twice and Miranda. It's just another tune-up for Ward.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #43
Elvizzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Which part is bullshit?

Plenty of athletes have come back from alcohol and drug problems. Some remained top class athletes even DURING their alcohol and drug problems. Are you denying that Chavez didnt have though issues?

He admitted to starting to drinki heavily after the Rosado fight which was in the middle of his career!

And no,I wont.
Some of the greatest athletes of all time haven't been alcoholics!!! You make it sound like a great attribute which it's not...

But I get it... You want to justify Ward fighting Pavlik... Good job...
Elvizzz is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #44
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I never got this logic.

When Ward goes up in his first fight at LHW and fights for a title will that mean,that if say..Cloud beats him, that it will be a fight of no consequence because Ward has "done nothing" at LHW?

You cant just ignore the career a guy had 7-8 lbs south of where hes fighting. It happens here all the time and its just stupid.

If you're an undisputed champ at a division and you go up.you're career doesnt just start over!

Marcio Rubio is rated quite highly by many sanctioning bodies and Pavlik hammered him back at 160, does that no longer count?
I'm saying he doesn't have a meaningful win at 168 and that includes Rubio.
I've never disparaged his success at 160.
At 168 he's a name opponent because he has done nothing at the weight.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #45
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I'm saying he doesn't have a meaningful win at 168 and that includes Rubio.
I've never disparaged his success at 160.
At 168 he's a name opponent because he has done nothing at the weight.
He has actually fought at the weight which is a hell of a lot more than Yusaf Mack did but he got a shot at Froch's belt. Shit, dive of the year even got him ranked #14.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum