Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: Bute keen to trigger a re-match clause

If he triggers the rematch clause, his glass jaw is getting shattered again.
Zakman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
t.reznor

vCash: 500

Good on Bute I guess, but this time he'll be crumbling under Froch's pressure in front of his fans. IMO he still won't be able to dodge Froch's heavy right hand, maybe so for a couple of rounds but not through 12.

Either he potshots Froch like he did the oh so mighty Grachev in round 12, this time over 12 full rounds, or he goes down at some point and never recovers.
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894

I'll be surprised if it happens next.

Say what you want about Bute, he's a fighter. You have to understand even when these guys get thoroughly ambushed it's just a "bad night at the office" in their minds. No top fighter can afford to let doubt creep in that they're not better than the opponents they face...thats a big reason why theres so many BS excuses.

However, that's when the promoters and managers step in and work around it. There's plenty of behind the scenes talk that both promoters are looking into pushing the rematch back a date. I expect this to happen.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
t.reznor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchfortheHook View Post
However, that's when the promoters and managers step in and work around it. There's plenty of behind the scenes talk that both promoters are looking into pushing the rematch back a date. I expect this to happen.
Bute-Rodriguez is the rumor that's going around... HBO to air it. Do you think HBO is pushing for this because they'd like A) for Bute to bump up his worth before the rematch, then B) showcase Froch destroying a counterpuncher in his backyard, and finally C) show the HBO audience that Ward can do a better number on this so called improved Cobra, this time in LV?
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.reznor View Post
Bute-Rodriguez is the rumor that's going around... HBO to air it. Do you think HBO is pushing for this because they'd like A) for Bute to bump up his worth before the rematch, then B) showcase Froch destroying a counterpuncher in his backyard, and finally C) show the HBO audience that Ward can do a better number on this so called improved Cobra, this time in LV?
I think HBO is trying to get somebody for Ward later this year. Unless ward plans to move up they got to start showing 168 fights. Being this fights on HBO if I was Bute I would not be complaining to much about taking this fight with rodriguez, bitch some, but don't get to upset. I don't think HBO wants anything less then you an either ward or froch at the end of the year. Better it to be Ward, cause win or lose you still will get a payday fight with froch (re-match clause), an with a win, which I believe happens you got some bragging rights.

If the HBO fight happens I think it is better for bute
p4pBute is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Bute claims that Froch's promoter, Eddie Hearn, is trying to discourage him from the rematch.

"I told my promoter, Jean Bedard, I want to fight against Froch. We have a solid rematch clause. Froch will come to Montreal, either in March or April. It is a matter of marketing. [Hearn] protects his champion and he sends me little arrows to distract and discourage me, but I know what I want," Bute said.
that's the end of bute then. if he wants to retire, he should just go ahead and do it. getting froch over to knock him out and do the retiring for him is a silly way of doing things.

but hey, it's bute's life.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #22
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.reznor View Post
They just have a showcase fighter they have a lot invested in in Ward and need to get involved at 168. The flip side to that rumor is that they're trying to work out Kessler-Froch 2 which HBO would also pick up. So that gives 4 168lb guys getting HBO exposure to be potential Ward opponents.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #23
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
I will be happy to.
Just pay in 1$ mill into my paypal and i will gladly ktfo myself.
Unlike Bute you didn't earn that kind of money. You should do it for free.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #24
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Bute and Khan are headin in the same path they both about to get knocked out twice by the same boxer (when Khan rematches Garcia)
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #25
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It doesn't matter if Bute is going to get himself knocked the **** out in front of his own fans in the first round or not. What matters is that Bute takes this fight and does his best to perform well.

Bute's had his tune-up. If he still claims to be a world-class fighter, he needs to rematch Froch in March/April, and do his best, win or lose.

If he doesn't think he is a world class fighter anymore, he has two options:-

1. milk the popularity he still has left in Montreal against lower-level fighters for another year or two until the fans stop buying tickets and he is forced to retire

2. retire with his head held high, having done his best and given his fans the best...

Bute's fans have been very loyal and very understanding and they have supported Bute morally and financially like few other boxers in the world have been in the last few years. Bute is still one of the biggest draws and best-paid boxers in the world, even after his destruction in Montreal.

Now Bute needs to repay the fans' faith and love. Either retire or fight proven world-class fighters win or lose, starting with Froch, Lucian!
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #26
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bute keen to get his ass re-kicked
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #27
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Bute keen to get his ass re-kicked
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #28
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
Bute should just knock himself the **** out on MArch 2013 and pay himself 1$ million.

Same result as having a rematch tbh.

Timeout you're on fire bro. This post and your avatar both.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #29
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box84 View Post
Bute: "Hearn protects his champion."

What an idiot! They just think it's a pointless fight.

Calm down. That's how a promoter protects his champion, by looking for his best interests
laffie is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #30
alex-boxer42
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

No, no, no!! Bute, please beat up Rodriguez first. At least you'll have 1 nice win and get some real confidence back before facing Froch and likely once again getting crumbled like a dry French-Canadian cookie.

Although I'm still a fan..
alex-boxer42 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum