Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #46
kordapio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 250
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Do you honestly think Floyd would fight any of these guys?

Duran (5'7", 66" reach, started at LW) - Floyd might fight him due to size
Leonard (5'10", 74" reach, legit WW) - doubt that Floyd fights him
Hagler (5'9", 75" reach, career MW) - Floyd wouldn't go near him
Hearns (6'1", 78" reach, huge WW) - Floyd avoids him until he's lost a few

Based on what we've seen of Floyd over his entire career, I think he'd probably only face 2 of the Fab 4. He's got the talent to hang with all 4 of these guys, but he doesn't have the balls to face them.
kordapio is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #47
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

As if the Fab 4 never sturggled in their fights. People bringing up cotto when floyd was 35 and castillo when floyd was injured and fought with one arm. How did the Fab four perform at 35 or injured? They struggle in their match as the same as Floyd have too.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #48
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Floyd definitely has the talent to hang with these boys (Even more of a talent imo)

He probably wouldn't fight Hearns/Hagler but would probably fight and beat Duran/Leonard.

Floyd's art is far too advanced. Leonard/Duran has never seen someone who utilizes the shoulder roll to FLoyd's level.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #49
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Sugar Ray Leonard
Roberto Duran
Thomas Hearns
Marvin Hagler

I think it'd be great matches all over with Floyd a good chance. Just my 2 cents.

There wouldn't be a Hagler/Floyd fight but the rest would be good fights with Floyd having good chances of winning.

Thoughts?
Floyd would've ducked everyone.
**** off.
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #50
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros View Post
Floyd would've ducked everyone.
**** off.
Doubt it.

Floyd would face them and win some, lose some. It'd be great.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #51
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Floyd - Leonard would never have happened, there will be big gap in the negotiation. Floyd would ask for 60% share and we all know the highest that Leonard would allow for Floyd is 20%.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #52
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Doubt it.

Floyd would face them and win some, lose some. It'd be great.
Floyd is too conscious of his unbeaten record that once he loses his O, he wil be unmotivated and keep getting losses therefrom.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #53
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Duran looked like shit once he started fighting at 154. Just did not wear it well at all. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Watch DeJesus III (@135), Palomino, Leonard I. Totally different fighter. He was operating several levels higher and still had his physical attributes.
Like I have said many times. At a weight (154) Duran fans say he was too small for or washed up, he fought there in 1978 before Leonard,Hearns and Benitez did and Hearns and Benitez beat him easily there. This is why I comment on Duran. I think he is great, but I think he gets overrated because of excuses to explain losses where he could not deal with speed. Leonard (the only elite great he ever beat-yet then lost in the two rematches easily) showed that the blueprint to beat Duran was speed same as the blueprint to beat Hearns was pressure. That is being objective, since I love Tommy, but that was the blueprint Hagler showed to beat Hearns.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #54
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
As if the Fab 4 never sturggled in their fights. People bringing up cotto when floyd was 35 and castillo when floyd was injured and fought with one arm. How did the Fab four perform at 35 or injured? They struggle in their match as the same as Floyd have too.
Cotto was not a great like Hearns,Hagler,Duran and Benitez and Leonard. Neither was Castillo. I love Miguel as a fighter, but he lost to the elite level. Castillo was good, but not great. Floyd has not tried to fight the best. He really thinks he is going to fool people about his legacy. Fact is he has to fight Pacman. Even if he loses, it is better that he fight Pacman and lose then to not fight him at all. And I think Floyd can beat Manny.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #55
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys333 View Post
i like floyd but i think he gets beat by all of them
nah, floyd would not get beaten by any of them cause he would probably duck every single one of them.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #56
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

i feel he would def be a fab 5 member, he would loose to hearns and hagler as middleweight for floyd is a terrible idea

floyd could very likely outbox duran. ray on the other hand im really not sure... i try and imagine them both fighting and i just cant see how it would go...
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #57
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Only one Floyd might beat is Duran at welterweight.
SRL and Hearns would beat him, Hagler would KO him...
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #58
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo9100 View Post
Floyd is 35 at welterweight. those dudes were in their early twenties at welterweight. peole dont seem to understand floyd shouldnt even be fighting at ww. Just like zab being 35 at 140. he didnt belong there in his prime. if he had gone to the lower weights like floyd he would have had a better career.
Same day weight ins has something to do with that.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #59
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Sugar Ray Leonard
Roberto Duran
Thomas Hearns
Marvin Hagler

I think it'd be great matches all over with Floyd a good chance. Just my 2 cents.

There wouldn't be a Hagler/Floyd fight but the rest would be good fights with Floyd having good chances of winning.

Thoughts?

He'd get battered off all of them. A fight with Hagler at MW would be so brutal it would make great viewing
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #60
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Floyd loses to everybody throughout history

He also loses to fighters he actually already beat

Oscar
Mosely
Cotto

All stop him if they fight a couple of months earlier

Apparently
Vidic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum