Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #61
randy brown
$$$
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 250
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

would have been great to have seen that. floyd would have trouble with hearns but that's it. he beats the others.
randy brown is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #62
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy brown View Post
would have been great to have seen that. floyd would have trouble with hearns but that's it. he beats the others.
Are you some kinda dumbass?

Leonard is all wrong for him.

He's rangier, faster, and he would put Floyd out when Floyd goes to the ropes.

He keep his range, aim shots at his bodies, wait for Floyd to try to get off, and hit him with a good shot that makes his eyes roll back, and then finish him off with a lightening combination.

You're making Floyd overrated.

He's too small for Leonard.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #63
simon850
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Nah I think he can beat Leonard/Duran, Hearns would be troublesome but you never know.
What part of Leonard do you think he could beat?

He would have to seriously slow Leonard down and take away his strengths. I just don't see Floyd being able to do that over a 12/15 round fight. I don't think he would get stopped but the way he fights at Welter, I just don't see him giving Leonard a lot of problems offensively.

Duran is the type of fighter he could beat.
simon850 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #64
simon850
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
He'd get battered off all of them. A fight with Hagler at MW would be so brutal it would make great viewing
When's the last time Floyd fought at Middleweight? Have a missed a fight here or something?

Either you're being biased which is blurring your sense in posts or you're just retarded. Either way, fail
simon850 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #65
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

A natural light-welter being battered by a natural MW wouldn't be great veiwing for anyone
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #66
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Honestly he would have never been on their level..He would have probably been beaten by a lesser fighter because he would have been force to fight more frequent thus not getting an opportunity fore the fighters to age befor he stepped in the ring with any of them!
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #67
woodzo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Could picture it now

Duran is juicing everybody knows whats up, im not fighting him till he takes the test
Hearns?? Errr im going on vacation my bodys beat
Hagler?? Marvin who, theres no money in that fight, he fights in a division full of bums... I'll fight him if he can make 150lbs
leonard.. people come to see the floyd mayweather experience, im the one writing the biggest cheques of their careers,, i want a 70-30 split
I could picture him and leonard timing both their retirements around each other tryin to both get one up on each other & it never happening, atleast SRL had the heart and put on all the fights in the end, sadly the same cant be said for floyd 'but im a rich coward' mayweather
woodzo is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #68
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

floyd loses to all
avenel is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #69
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Like I have said many times. At a weight (154) Duran fans say he was too small for or washed up, he fought there in 1978 before Leonard,Hearns and Benitez did and Hearns and Benitez beat him easily there. This is why I comment on Duran. I think he is great, but I think he gets overrated because of excuses to explain losses where he could not deal with speed. Leonard (the only elite great he ever beat-yet then lost in the two rematches easily) showed that the blueprint to beat Duran was speed same as the blueprint to beat Hearns was pressure. That is being objective, since I love Tommy, but that was the blueprint Hagler showed to beat Hearns.
although duran did not bring his hands of stones up with him to the higher weights(154+) he still was successful to a certain extent.

he beat a prime barkley(who would beat anyone today at 154 and walk down mayweather) as well as fighting hagler extremely competitive for 15 rounds and ruining davey moore.

as for hagler/hearns that was not a blueprint.

that was hagler suffering a cut that he knew would eventually end the fight and he went for the ko.

emmanuel still believes that tommy was kod because he had his legs massaged immediately prior to the fight which weakened his legs.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #70
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy brown View Post
let me guess, youre one of those canelo fans that has been following boxing for all of three years that thinks he knows eveything?

prime srl beats the wholly ****ing shit out of floyd"i lost 15 pounds in jail and was dehydrated" mayweather.

they have a thread here on esb where some clowns here were made to be a fool believeing mayweathers 15 pound bullshit.

some of you guys, youve never been in a fight or a gym before.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #71
Brian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The OP is right and Floyd would have fought any of them who weren't under Arum. Keep it real.
Brian is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #72
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

The only fights Floyd could win would be against Duran at 147 or 154. Leonard and Hearns would decapitate him.

Mayweather-Benitez would be very very interesting though
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #73
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Sugar Ray Leonard
Roberto Duran
Thomas Hearns
Marvin Hagler

I think it'd be great matches all over with Floyd a good chance. Just my 2 cents.

There wouldn't be a Hagler/Floyd fight but the rest would be good fights with Floyd having good chances of winning.

Thoughts?

He has no balls, he won't step into the ring with any of them
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #74
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Floyd is like James Toney, whether or not when (if) he had stepped up to Welter in the 80s I don't think he gets knocked out by anyone, it could be a case of him being to small and getting outpointed or outworked, but its straight up disrespect to his defensive skills to suggest he'd get 'decapitated' by all of them.
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #75
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

He'd probably stay around 140lbs and not move 4 were DONE!
Tar Baby is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum