Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #16
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: My view on the 4th fight between Marquez & Pacquiao. Why I feel this is Marquez'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
I could see Arum giving the fight to Juan, or telling the judges to play fair for once.

Afterwards, if JMM is up for it, a JMM - Bradley fight would probably sell huge to the vast uninformed crowd. (and that's where the money is.)

Pac wants to retire anyway, and go be a good little political puppet for some rich Filipino businessmen. He definitely should.
You wish. Pac will still want to fight Floyd for the biggest prize of all time.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: My view on the 4th fight between Marquez & Pacquiao. Why I feel this is Marquez'

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Manny has declined, but not as much as most think. Bradley and Marquez I think are severely underrated and I applaud and respect Manny for taking on them. I think they are at the time Manny fought them just better, superior fighters than Cotto or Margarito tho they are smaller so its not just bad stylistic matchups, but the quality of Jmm and Bradley being overlooked. Yes Pacman's busy lifestyle will take its toll, but its not like he's partying Duran-style waking up with hangovers daily so he's not harming his body in any way or seemingly doing drugs. The 4th fight might be Pacman's most important and he knows this. Don't be surprised if you see a revitalized, more focused Pacman countering the counter puncher. He is at his best when he counters and is an underrated counter puncher has the speed for it, but like Chavez before him probably feels he has to fight instead of box for his fans.
I think if Manny comes out and decides to counter-punch, he will be in for a long night. Just dont see it working positively against Juan.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenoit View Post
You wish. Pac will still want to fight Floyd for the biggest prize of all time.
Come on man, there's been no mention of Mayweather in this thread and there's no need to be. Simply because the 2 aren't related anymore, that fight will never happen!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #19
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

I dont expect a #3 from Pacquiao. I expect a #1 from Pacquiao.

Marquez seems to just more defined into the Welterweight class. Jeez his arms and shoulders are so big! And looks like he's finally gotten adjusted to the weight and has repicked up speed. I expect a sharper and stronger Marquez than ever before.

I honestly give Marquez the advantage in this fight. He's got the chip on his shoulder. And he's paid his dues in the gym. He's proven to be the sharper puncher, and its gonna translate with his new strength. I feel Pacquiao is going to need a KO/Stoppage, and i think he knows he needs it too.
An aggressive and risk-taking Pacquiao is his most dangerous form though... If he just fires his 1 2's, and change the jab to doubled once in a bit, his left should land almost reliably. That has always been his best weapon vs Marquez, he shouldnt go away from it.

Marquez by decision
Pacquiao by KO/Stoppage
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletscuz View Post
I dont expect a #3 from Pacquiao. I expect a #1 from Pacquiao.

Marquez seems to just more defined into the Welterweight class. Jeez his arms and shoulders are so big! And looks like he's finally gotten adjusted to the weight and has repicked up speed. I expect a sharper and stronger Marquez than ever before.

I honestly give Marquez the advantage in this fight. He's got the chip on his shoulder. And he's paid his dues in the gym. He's proven to be the sharper puncher, and its gonna translate with his new strength. I feel Pacquiao is going to need a KO/Stoppage, and i think he knows he needs it too.
An aggressive and risk-taking Pacquiao is his most dangerous form though... If he just fires his 1 2's, and change the jab to doubled once in a bit, his left should land almost reliably. That has always been his best weapon vs Marquez, he shouldnt go away from it.

Marquez by decision
Pacquiao by KO/Stoppage
Good stuff, although I feel this fight reaches the distance.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #21
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Marquez' night tonight.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #22
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

I really feel Marquez is gonna get stopped.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #23
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post
I really feel Marquez is gonna get stopped.
Nah man, Pacquaio doesn't have the same punch output which will allow him to get the knockout. Unless its by one flash shot, which I dont see happening.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
the quiet man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

very good points by the op.
pacquiao's workrate has decreased in his last 5 fights, he's no longer the whirlwind that blew away david diaz.
punches thrown in manny's last five,
clottey 1231
margarito 1069
mosley 727
marquez 573
bradley 753
the quiet man is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #25
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the quiet man View Post
very good points by the op.
pacquiao's workrate has decreased in his last 5 fights, he's no longer the whirlwind that blew away david diaz.
punches thrown in manny's last five,
clottey 1231
margarito 1069
mosley 727
marquez 573
bradley 753
Thanks for the stats mate

That's the point I wanted to raise and something I feel is very very important in this fight.

Notice how he threw over a 100 more punches in the Bradley fight in comparison to the Marquez fight. That's not because of his conditioning but because of Marquez' style which forced Manny to reduce his shots because of Juan's great counter-punching ability.

It's time Marquez had his hand raised against Manny and I know tonight is that night.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

War Marquez!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Be interesting to see how this bout plays out. Can't wait now.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #28
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

...and if JMM wins, Arum will pit him against Bradley. JMM-Bradley will be highly publicized, and at the end of the day, Bradley wins by a questionable decision again. Bradley then fights Guererro, then move up to fight Canelo and Sergio, if Granpa Sergio is still up there...
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
...and if JMM wins, Arum will pit him against Bradley. JMM-Bradley will be highly publicized, and at the end of the day, Bradley wins by a questionable decision again. Bradley then fights Guererro, then move up to fight Canelo and Sergio, if Granpa Sergio is still up there...
Whilst Pacquiao fights Rios for a potential fight of the year. Bringing in $$$$

All makes sense.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #30
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Pacquiao can counter punch, and he's as good as one can be without being a pure counterpuncher. He's countered Marquez brilliantly. Unfortunately, asking Pacquiao to counterpunch all night is like leaving a car in 3rd. NOT happening. It's like asking Margarito or Mares to sit outside on a jab for 12 rounds.
Well yeah, I agree with that. It wont happen over 12 rounds.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum