Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: 2013 will be the year when KING KHAN RETURNS, Garcia, PEDerson revenge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
if he boxes he can beat anyone, but he has to stick to it. I actually think he should fight disciplined but also work the heavybag a lot and build up his shoulders and body punching. That would make him much more effective to drop the hands of guys instead of trying to land on them and head hunting.

Hearns after Hagler worked the heavybag and his shoulders were huge going in to fight Shuler, and the body punches opened up the Shuler cross armed defense. I think if Khan wants to pattern himself after someone it would be a little of Hearns offense without the way Tommy would go for the knockout, since I think Hearns was more offensive and punched harder than Khan so he could take those chances and usually succeed, although even a great like Hearns would leave himself open and got hit like against Barkley.
. But if Khan sets up his punches he could become a very good fighter. But he cannot get into that slugging it out thing because Amir does not have a great chin. He gets hit clean on the chin he does not react well. He has to be defensive and disciplined. That is the only way his career can do well from this point.
Yep gd points
Darni187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #17
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: 2013 will be the year when KING KHAN RETURNS, Garcia, PEDerson revenge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post

Be careful, I'm pretty sure it's against forum rules to have an "ALT".
Thanks.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #18
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Virgil has taught Khan boxing isn't a revenge game... if the fights with Peterson and Garcia culminate in due course then that's fine. If I was Khan I would start from Prescott and work himself up if he beats Molina. He can become mandatory for one of the belts at 140.

I envision Khan getting knocked down in each of his fights and then the real test will be when he does get knocked down.. what does he do after? This will be Khan's real test.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #19
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Zab doesn't have a jab and even if he does use it it's like a cat pawing at something... lazy. Khan has a jab... we saw that last in the Paulie and Judah fight. I guess he's abandoned it....
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #20
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
Virgil has taught Khan boxing isn't a revenge game... if the fights with Peterson and Garcia culminate in due course then that's fine. If I was Khan I would start from Prescott and work himself up if he beats Molina. He can become mandatory for one of the belts at 140.

I envision Khan getting knocked down in each of his fights and then the real test will be when he does get knocked down.. what does he do after? This will be Khan's real test.
I dont think Khan will get down so easy, what Garcia was the first guy at 147 to knock Khan down, Khan's chin is not as bad as people make out, plus if he boxes safe less chance of it hsppening too.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan has no defensive technique, no punch resistance, no power and an amateurish flurry, run away and hold style. He is terrible!!!! Khan has fast hands and a good jab, so what? He has the boxing IQ of a deadman. If he thinks Virgil Hunter is going to undo a career of defensive flaws and a questionable chin with one training camp he's snorting the same shit as Calzaghe is. Bottomline is that Khan is probably the most overrated hypejob flop this side of Jeff Lacy!!!!!
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

love your optimism darni, you are a true fan that stands by your man even when he is down and out and fighting bums like molina
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Lol
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #24
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Darni your an embarrassment to khan fans,
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #25
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

I hope so. I dont get all the hate on Khan. It almost seems racist to me. He is the type of fighter who will fight anyone and shows no fear in rematching a guy who gave him hell or stopped him.

He is what boxing is all about. Yea he says some dumb things once in a while but he is a kid with star power. They all do. His chin is not bad. Garcia hit him with some heavy shots and he kept getting up for more. Not many at 140 will be able to do that.

I think Khan just needs to tune up his style so he is not standing straight up when he throws his shots. I think Hunter is going to work wonders with him.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #26
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
I hope so. I dont get all the hate on Khan. It almost seems racist to me. He is the type of fighter who will fight anyone and shows no fear in rematching a guy who gave him hell or stopped him.

He is what boxing is all about. Yea he says some dumb things once in a while but he is a kid with star power. They all do. His chin is not bad. Garcia hit him with some heavy shots and he kept getting up for more. Not many at 140 will be able to do that.

I think Khan just needs to tune up his style so he is not standing straight up when he throws his shots. I think Hunter is going to work wonders with him.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #27
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoorydookatron View Post
Really so why has he never rematched Prescott?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Really so why has he never rematched Prescott?

Yep or didn't rematch Maidana
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #29
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

We coming back in this bitch, Khan needed a coach like Hunter long ago, true say Khan could of lost his debut bout in Vegas vs Maidana due to poor defence something Roach dont do.

Hunter and Khan perfect combo.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
Knickerbocker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

RETURN OF THE KING

hahahhaa
Knickerbocker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum