Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #31
Henke67
Unbroken History
ESB Addict

Location: Our revenge will be in the laughter of our children
vCash: 75
Default Re: CAN 50 CENT turn ANDRE DIRRELL (aka the Froch slayer) into a crossover star?

Dirrell will find it hard enough to regain the respect of boxing fans, if he ever fights again.

Presumably, he'd have to become a boxing star before becoming a crossover star.
Henke67 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: CAN 50 CENT turn ANDRE DIRRELL (aka the Froch slayer) into a crossover star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outboxer View Post
Dirrell has talent and skill, and he was outboxing Froch, but for some reason his performance felt very negative. It was quite a strange fight, because even though Dirrell looked more polished and showed off better boxing technique, it also felt like he was mentally crumbling at the same time. He seemed really uncomfortable with Froch's pressure and rough tactics, and as the fight went on it felt like Froch was winning even though he wasn't landing many punches. Odd fight.
I felt the same thing....it wasn't a great performance for either man...was kind of sloppy and wild. Froch was trying to make the fight ugly and succeeded. Even though I thought Andre did enough to win, Froch made it into a fight that he pushed. Plus....Dirrell kind of showed some weaknesses, mentally.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He has to make Dirrel a cross over star cause he wont be a boxing star

boxing requires getting in the ring

may be he could play boxers for movies, though he make get grazed in the choreographing and be knocked cold
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #34
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

This thread should be move in the lounge ! none of them is a boxers
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks9314 View Post
no. he's a good fighter but he isn't elite + he quit.
quit He is the one man who has a real chance to beat Ward
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

50 has no credibility in the boxing world. He is a known liar and a snitch. Dirrell has to decide he wants to be a fighter and not part of an entourage. Although he did beat Froch and got robbed, but those kind of home town decisions are to be expected I guess.
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #37
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
50 has no credibility in the boxing world. He is a known liar and a snitch. Dirrell has to decide he wants to be a fighter and not part of an entourage. Although he did beat Froch and got robbed, but those kind of home town decisions are to be expected I guess.
If he's a liar and a snitch....he'll fit right in as a boxing promoter. Credibility comes with consistency and tenure. For Dirrell, I think he has a goal when it comes to his boxing career. That's why he signed with 50. Not sure how Andre would be a part of "an entourage" given he's a professional boxer who has a decent name and is undefeated, but hopefully you can elaborate on what you mean?
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #38
t.reznor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Anyone that believed Dirrell faked getting knocked out is an abject buffoon.
Anyone who pretends knowing the truth about that is gravely delusional.

Grazing punch to the jaw, not thrown with full force & leverage. Head injury is possible, taking it ok is also possible. Who are you, some kind of x-ray vision doctor that telepathically measures newtons on punches thrown you see on tv, with Dirrell's cranium specifics in a file in front of you? STFU.

Dirrell is extremely talented. Had he shown up to exchange with Froch instead of maintaining a low workrate while on his bike, the judges would have given it to him. This wasn't an Alexander-Kotelnik type of robbery, this was a close fight where the hometown aggressor was outlanded by a slickster who refused to engage most of the time. The judges' cards were understandable to an extent.

It seems Dirrell still believes Fort Knox should be handed it him. Instead of re-climbing up the ranks by beating gatekeepers and aiming to school a few top 10's in undercard fights, his ass stays home. He says he "trains", yeah for what?! Same fool who thought he could be Mayweather and promote himself at this stage of his career.
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #39
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Froch SD12 Dirrell FACT

Dirrell will never be a star, blame it on a lack of actually getting in the ring or accept he really isn't that good
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #40
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.reznor View Post
Anyone who pretends knowing the truth about that is gravely delusional.

Grazing punch to the jaw, not thrown with full force & leverage. Head injury is possible, taking it ok is also possible. Who are you, some kind of x-ray vision doctor that telepathically measures newtons on punches thrown you see on tv, with Dirrell's cranium specifics in a file in front of you? STFU.
Abraham is the hardest hitter in the division, and caught Dirrell flush while he was helpless and already fatigued. His head contorted near 180 degrees. His reaction was the same reaction when Roy Jones jr sucker punched Griffin.

Dirrells reaction during and after point to brain trauma. Most who believe he faked are just scum.

Now the extent of his injuries after such as not fighting Ward to get more money is debateable.

Quote:
irrell is extremely talented. Had he shown up to exchange with Froch instead of maintaining a low workrate while on his bike, the judges would have given it to him. This wasn't an Alexander-Kotelnik type of robbery, this was a close fight where the hometown aggressor was outlanded by a slickster who refused to engage most of the time. The judges' cards were understandable to an extent.
Dirrells a boxer. He boxed Frochs ears off. He didnt have to exchange. Be like Floyd exchanging with Hatton.

And no Froch didnt land more than Dirrell. Dirrell staggered Froch and landed the cleaner harder punches. Count on one hand he amount of punches Froch landed.

Anyone scoring hat fight for Froch dont know shit about boxing. Clear Dirre victory. Definition of a robbery. Alexander was atleast landing punches on Kotelniks gloves lol. Froch was whiffing. I think he knocked out someone in the upper deck though lol.

Quote:
It seems Dirrell still believes Fort Knox should be handed it him. Instead of re-climbing up the ranks by beating gatekeepers and aiming to school a few top 10's in undercard fights, his ass stays home. He says he "trains", yeah for what?! Same fool who thought he could be Mayweather and promote himself at this stage of his career.

Agreed. He needs to realize he is too high risk low reward. No European wants to lose to him. He needs to stay from the ground up. Build a win streak
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #41
t.reznor

Quote:
Abraham is the hardest hitter in the division, and caught Dirrell flush while he was helpless and already fatigued. His head contorted near 180 degrees. His reaction was the same reaction when Roy Jones jr sucker punched Griffin.

Dirrells reaction during and after point to brain trauma. Most who believe he faked are just scum.

Now the extent of his injuries after such as not fighting Ward to get more money is debateable.
I don't think AA being the hardest hitter in the division matters in this case, he didn't seem to turn in much on that punch, which really was thrown awkwardly in a split second. Abraham doesn't sound like the brightest guy on the block, and he had this WTF reaction to what he had just landed vs Dirrell's reaction/face.

Brain trauma is probably a long shot, considering he was up on his feet shortly thereafter. I'm not a medical expert (neither is anyone on ESB) but I know a lot of guys who suffer concussions go through the same immediate & short term reaction + behavior that Dirrell went through. We'll never know.

Quote:
Dirrells a boxer. He boxed Frochs ears off. He didnt have to exchange. Be like Floyd exchanging with Hatton.

And no Froch didnt land more than Dirrell. Dirrell staggered Froch and landed the cleaner harder punches. Count on one hand he amount of punches Froch landed.

Anyone scoring hat fight for Froch dont know shit about boxing. Clear Dirre victory. Definition of a robbery. Alexander was atleast landing punches on Kotelniks gloves lol. Froch was whiffing. I think he knocked out someone in the upper deck though lol.
Knowing the context of the fight i.e. home crowd in England and Froch benefiting from a higher level status than him, Dirrell should have exchanged with Froch. Look at Cloud-Campillo, it's a reverse situation in terms of having a more skilled boxer potshotting the hometown aggressor... and losing the decision.

I didn't score the fight for Froch, what I said was that the judges' scorecards were understandable considering the context of the fight. Dirrell has talent he's not prepared to put to work.
t.reznor is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894

No.

50 will have a hard enough time making him a boxing star.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #43
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlok View Post
This thread should be move in the lounge ! none of them is a boxers
Froch got schooled in the ring by a non boxer?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #44
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
If he's a liar and a snitch....he'll fit right in as a boxing promoter. Credibility comes with consistency and tenure. For Dirrell, I think he has a goal when it comes to his boxing career. That's why he signed with 50. Not sure how Andre would be a part of "an entourage" given he's a professional boxer who has a decent name and is undefeated, but hopefully you can elaborate on what you mean?
By enourage I mean Dirrell has to actually get in the ring and not just be part of the pack. I personally think Dirrell has more physical ability and technical skill than Ward. I just question his desire. If Dirrell had the same attitude and dedication as Ward, I think he could beat him. Talent only gets you so far though and I see 50 and his "promoting" as a ****ing side show. Kind of like if Bob Arum started making mixtapes. Dirrell has signed up to be part of the show so let's see what happens....
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #45
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Another American hypejob.
Toontoon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum