boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #31
yingyang
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Yikes Manny Pacquiao Looks Skinny as Hell!!

It doesnt matter... JMM would school Pac again. I see JMM winning this fight.
yingyang is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #32
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingyang View Post
It doesnt matter... JMM would school Pac again. I see JMM winning this fight.

JMM has never schoold Pac they have all been close fights that could have went either way.
tonys333 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #33
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys333 View Post
JMM has never schoold Pac they have all been close fights that could have went either way.
Exactly....it just so happens that the majority of the fights went to PAC. If they went to JMM....I wouldn't have any problems with that. I had the 3 fights split as even as it gets... 1-1-1.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #34
Frekky
I miss you so much guys:p
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Pac is not using Ariza's weight training regiment. He's back to calesthenics.

Ok mr.calisthenics you seem like you know-it-all. Sure

Now put your esb account where your mouth is....

You act as if you're ****-Roach sure anyway of your methods..

My account versus yours for a BAN-WAGER.... deal?

Pacquiao wins, I stop posting and get Banned. Marquez wins be man enough mr.calisthenics

Let everyone be a witness here. I'll wait for your reply
Frekky is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #35
LoRd_inFamousX1
Lord of the Square Rings
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmiller8282 View Post
He's off those roids!
LoRd_inFamousX1 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #36
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Looks the usual to me.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Listen son, unless you've lifted over 1000 lbs combined with your deadlift, squat and bench, then you've never even gotten close to what I was lifting before I switched to advanced calesthenics.

Now, I'm more mobile, more fluid, and my punching power has not decreased at all.

In boxing, you need strong tendons and explosiveness. Advanced calesthenics and pylometric training does that for you.

Weight lifting is unncecessary. If anything, it cuts back on your fluidity to a certain degree.

I know you just started lifting weights and you think you know everything, but I lifted weights for over a decade, so I think I know a little bit more about weightlifting than you.

And I'm telling you, and all the young kids that are trying to get into boxing, you don't need weights.

Strength training is necessary of course if you want to be a better boxer and protect against injuries, but you can do that with advanced calesthics in combination with pylometrics for explosive training.

I knew people that could lift damn near as much weight as I did, and with some lifts like bench, more, but they were called mosquito bite punchers because they couldn't punch for ****.

In contrast, I've seen skinny kids that had very little muscle tone hit so hard that your ankles would roll.

So please, stay the **** outta boxing conversations cuz you don't know ****.

Go back to your weightlifting bull****.
Dont worry SON it is for first,second i dont believe you ever lifted in your life,cause if you have you wouldnt spew such moronical bull**** you do.
Weightlifting is neccesary in boxing.You dont lose speed at all.Thats an old wives tale made up my re****s like yourself.
You mention plyos,you dont get the max of em if u didnt do max str properly
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Im 30 years old and have been liftin since 18 years old so another fail by you,and btw im active amatuer boxer.
Your boxing conversation goes like thisont weighlifting cause you will need a knee replacement.Thats you in nutshell.
Now go back spewing moronical bull**** and let people laugh at you.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #38
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

theres a reason y he aint so muscular. it is to maintain his quickness
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #39
WildStyle
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Your avatar ****ing sucks
WildStyle is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #40
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
Dont worry SON it is for first,second i dont believe you ever lifted in your life,cause if you have you wouldnt spew such moronical bull**** you do.
Weightlifting is neccesary in boxing.You dont lose speed at all.Thats an old wives tale made up my re****s like yourself.
You mention plyos,you dont get the max of em if u didnt do max str properly
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Im 30 years old and have been liftin since 18 years old so another fail by you,and btw im active amatuer boxer.
Your boxing conversation goes like thisont weighlifting cause you will need a knee replacement.Thats you in nutshell.
Now go back spewing moronical bull**** and let people laugh at you.
I'm telling you the truth about my lifts.

You can be jealous or whatever, but that's on you. We don't got to make this an envy thing, but that is the truth.

It is also the truth that I stopped lifting weights and concentrate on calesthenics and pylometrics and my power has not decreased, contrary to what you may believe.

Apparently, you think calesthenics are a joke, but highly doubt you can do an unsupported one arm pull up.

You may not know of ways to strengthen every part of your body from your feet, to your fingers, to your neck, using calesthenics, but I do.

I'm sorry if you feel offended or jealous that I could lift more than you, but I did lift for over a decade, but I am very happy that I found out how beneficial bodyweight was, and how much better you felt, looked, and performed.

This is not the NFL. It's boxing. I never said you didn't need strenght, but you need functional strength and strong tendons. You get that with bodyweight and pylometrics.

Apparently, you've never seen acrobats before.

You're an ignorant person, and I hate to say it, but I think you could be a *****.

So get the **** outta my thread before I beat you like the ***** that you are.

Apparently your boxing knowledge is as pitiful as your ability to pick up external objects because you would realize that 180 lb Dempsey was knocking people out that outweighed him by 65 lbs.

I can assure you, that he did not lift weights. At the most, he used cables which are less effective than using your own bodyweight.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #41
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Weight training is not necessary for boxing unless you are looking to move up in weight. You can incorporate some weight training and maintain dexterity, explosiveness and flexibility but it has to be light to moderate work with weights.

Some fighters who move up in weight will do weight training to build up muscle mass...then revert back to traditional means of boxing routines and exercises to ensure they have lean muscle mass.

The majority of weight training should be done for the lower half of the body where the larger muscle groups are located. Having a sturdy foundation will allow for better balance and power in boxing. A common problem for boxers is that they are so top heavy and they neglect their foundation.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #42
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I'm telling you the truth about my lifts.

You can be jealous or whatever, but that's on you. We don't got to make this an envy thing, but that is the truth.

It is also the truth that I stopped lifting weights and concentrate on calesthenics and pylometrics and my power has not decreased, contrary to what you may believe.

Apparently, you think calesthenics are a joke, but highly doubt you can do an unsupported one arm pull up.

You may not know of ways to strengthen every part of your body from your feet, to your fingers, to your neck, using calesthenics, but I do.

I'm sorry if you feel offended or jealous that I could lift more than you, but I did lift for over a decade, but I am very happy that I found out how beneficial bodyweight was, and how much better you felt, looked, and performed.

This is not the NFL. It's boxing. I never said you didn't need strenght, but you need functional strength and strong tendons. You get that with bodyweight and pylometrics.

Apparently, you've never seen acrobats before.

You're an ignorant person, and I hate to say it, but I think you could be a *****.

So get the **** outta my thread before I beat you like the ***** that you are.
First off all this aint your thread WEAKLING,second of all you never lifted a day in you life cause if you have you are ****ing stupid.
Ive trained so many apects of strengths be it ballistic training,plyos,contrasted methods,maximal dynamic contractions...you cant even comprehend it let alone try it.
I love bodyweight training and gymnastic exercises but im not ignorant like you are.
i couldnt give a **** about dempseys or haglers way of training,or how they koed people.If they thought running everyday 10-15 miles in army boots or choping wood for 10 hours was a good idea thats their problem,i aint stupid to go give that try.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #43
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Weight training is not necessary for boxing unless you are looking to move up in weight. You can incorporate some weight training and maintain dexterity, explosiveness and flexibility but it has to be light to moderate work with weights.

Some fighters who move up in weight will do weight training to build up muscle mass...then revert back to traditional means of boxing routines and exercises to ensure they have lean muscle mass.

The majority of weight training should be done for the lower half of the body where the larger muscle groups are located. Having a sturdy foundation will allow for better balance and power in boxing. A common problem for boxers is that they are so top heavy and they neglect their foundation.
Honestly, this is why I think calesthenics are the way to go. You can always make bodyweight more difficult.

You can do pistols for your legs for strength and pylometric jumping. There are a variety of pushing pulling movements for your upperbody, but it will leave you perfectly proportioned, plenty strong, and fluid, as well as explosive.

When you train weights extensively, you don't add so much of the tendon and ligament strength, but the external muscle strength that doesn't really add to your explosive power, but it can make you stronger in the sense that you can push people away, but it lowers your endurance.

Guys like Dempsey and Robinson who were PFP some of the hardest punchers the history of the sport, didn't lift weights, but it stop them from being able to knock a mother ****er out cold.

Tyson early on, didn't lift weights. When he did, he started slowing down because his endurance suffered, so he couldn't keep up that speed for the duration.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
First off all this aint your thread WEAKLING,second of all you never lifted a day in you life cause if you have you are ****ing stupid.
Ive trained so many apects of strengths be it ballistic training,plyos,contrasted methods,maximal dynamic contractions...you cant even comprehend it let alone try it.
I love bodyweight training and gymnastic exercises but im not ignorant like you are.
i couldnt give a **** about dempsey or hagler way of training.If they thought running everyday 10-15 miles in army boots was a good idea thats their problem,i aint stupid to go give that try.
I don't want to talk down to you because I understand that you got a situation, but if you couldn't do what I said I did, why are we having this conversation?

You know, anything can change at anytime, that's God's will. I hope you get better.

And I didn't say anything about running 10 to 15 miles. You just need to open your eyes and not be so damn close minded. You're going to get these kids hurt.

And no, I didn't do any of that bull**** you are talking about. I can punch hard naturally so I don't need to do all that bull**** you are on about.

I could just lift heavy mother ****in weights. Why the **** I need all that bull****? I don't give a **** about all that ****. I don't need to know about that **** because I was lifting I was strong and I what I did worked.

All that other type of bull**** might be for you, but maybe you are just mentally weak. I just did a wrestling and football style weightlifting program.

I don't know about all that bull**** you read into.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #45
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I don't want to talk down to you because I understand that you got a situation, but if you couldn't do what I said I did, why are we having this conversation?

You know, anything can change at anytime, that's God's will. I hope you get better.

And I didn't say anything about running 10 to 15 miles. You just need to open your eyes and not be so damn close minded. You're going to get these kids hurt.

And no, I didn't do any of that bull**** you are talking about. I can punch hard naturally so I don't need to do all that bull**** you are on about.

I could just lift heavy mother ****in weights. Why the **** I need all that bull****? I don't give a **** about all that ****. I don't need to know about that **** because I was lifting I was strong and I what I did worked.

All that other type of bull**** might be for you, but maybe you are just mentally weak. I just did a wrestling and football style weightlifting program.

I don't know about all that bull**** you read into.
Cause your ignorant and uneducated in that area.Thats why you spew bull**** all the time.I boxed still do and i do weightliftin reguraly as well.Im stronger and faster than i ever was.
Give me one study where it says that weighlifting is bad and will **** up your joints.Go
pecho26 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum