Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75
Default Re: pac marquez 4

Fair bit of feelng against Pac. I think he'd probably have a bit more respect if marquez had been given the nod in one or two of those fights.

If Pac has slid as far as we suspect i will be saddened as it's the end of a phenomenal career. The excitement he generated over the last decade, from his US debut against Ledwaba where on two weeks notice he derailed a potential superstar over 6 brutal rounds, his bashing of my hero Barrerra, the incredible first fight with Marquez which i thought JMM won after a mindblowing first round, his move up in weight where his opponents were accused of taking mismatches, brutalising Hatton, DLH and Margarito in a style that they were unaccustomed to. Having Mosley and Cotto refusing to engage lest they suffer similar fates.

In hindsight, internet geniuses accuse him of picking his time but they forget how many of those fights he was the underdog in.

Manny Pacquiao was simply amazing and was the best thing to happen to boxing in the last 10 years for me. If he's done I applaud his career and now move my attention to a certain Mexican ranga.

On Sunday I'll be happy whoever wins but I'll be a little sad if it turns into a farewell for either.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #32
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
So did Hatton, look what happened there
True.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #33
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Fair bit of feelng against Pac. I think he'd probably have a bit more respect if marquez had been given the nod in one or two of those fights.

If Pac has slid as far as we suspect i will be saddened as it's the end of a phenomenal career. The excitement he generated over the last decade, from his US debut against Ledwaba where on two weeks notice he derailed a potential superstar over 6 brutal rounds, his bashing of my hero Barrerra, the incredible first fight with Marquez which i thought JMM won after a mindblowing first round, his move up in weight where his opponents were accused of taking mismatches, brutalising Hatton, DLH and Margarito in a style that they were unaccustomed to. Having Mosley and Cotto refusing to engage lest they suffer similar fates.

In hindsight, internet geniuses accuse him of picking his time but they forget how many of those fights he was the underdog in.

Manny Pacquiao was simply amazing and was the best thing to happen to boxing in the last 10 years for me. If he's done I applaud his career and now move my attention to a certain Mexican ranga.

On Sunday I'll be happy whoever wins but I'll be a little sad if it turns into a farewell for either.
well said as always duke, pacman has bought me so much excitement over the last decade and i hope it is not a farewell for him, but on the other hand i would love marquez to win, as he is my favourite current fighter, his style is so aesthetically pleasing to watch from my point of view. History will look back kindly on both of these two warriors.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #34
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

That was very deep Duke ..... are you ok anything troubling you in your personal life
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #35
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
well said as always duke, pacman has bought me so much excitement over the last decade and i hope it is not a farewell for him, but on the other hand i would love marquez to win, as he is my favourite current fighter, his style is so aesthetically pleasing to watch from my point of view. History will look back kindly on both of these two warriors.
You know the only time i've ever been able to mindread is after the third marquez knockdown in the first fight. Watch the look that comes on JMM's face and you can see him saying - you're not gonna hit me with that left again, and he doesn't
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #36
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
That was very deep Duke ..... are you ok anything troubling you in your personal life
Lot's bro. Some english bodybuilder guy has stolen my big nosed italian princess
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #37
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:

Very well put.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #38
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Lot's bro. Some english bodybuilder guy has stolen my big nosed italian princess

Anglosaxon no doubt
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #39
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I'm very keen for this fourth instalment can't believe fk all people seem to be
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #40
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Penn's got nothing to prove anymore should retire...........I too am hoping Marquez beats the shit out of the catchweight founder pac...........you can rest assure if it goes the cards then Marquez gets robbed again......I personally think he won all 3 fights with Pac.
That simply isn't true, catchweights have been around for ages.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Not the best article but just a few of the older fights at catchweights.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #41
AdamH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

still shocked at how far out the bookies have jmm. they got him at around $4.20 for the points win.
i dont see a stoppage in this fight. but i honestly cannot pick a winner
AdamH is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #42
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
still shocked at how far out the bookies have jmm. they got him at around $4.20 for the points win.
..defineatly a flip a coin fight..

..and good to meet you the other night mate..great weekend..still haven't had a beer since..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #43
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
I think it's worth a lazy $100 on Marquez.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #44
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Respect, well done
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #45
AdamH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
..defineatly a flip a coin fight..

..and good to meet you the other night mate..great weekend..still haven't had a beer since..
yeah was good to catch up mate. glad i called it a day early though. saw james the next morning at the airport, he was functioning on 1 hours sleep..haha
AdamH is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum