Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #137
DrBanzai
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 117
Default Re: Tyson would have beaten wlad pretty easy and heres why

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1982 View Post
3 years is an exageration, it was around 19 months, and in that 19 months he had been training, and fought a 15 round exabition match. And he even stated himself he trained hard for tyson a
For 3 months before as the fight had been on the cards for a while.
Its not an awesome win but very very solid considering that tyson demolished him. Something that no one before or after had done.
He had not won a fight in about 3 years, had not fought in about 2 years. He was out of shape and coming out of retirement after two losses in a row. That is Tyson's best win.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #138
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
Joke?
Truth

Top 5 heavyweight in history in terms power, speed, skill, and chin

#1 in pure ferocity and explosiveness
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #139
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Truth

Top 5 heavyweight in history in terms power, speed, skill, and chin

#1 in pure ferocity and explosiveness
Tyson is #1 in one thing and one thing only: #1 at being overrated in fantasy h2h matchups, usually by highschool kids with black & white Tyson avatars.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #140
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

James Tillis ?
Mitch Green ?
Tony Tucker ?
Bonecrusher ?

Did Tyson have an off night,seeing as he couldn't get these legends out of there ?

James Tillis was KO'd by the likes of Bruno and Gary Mason,Witherspoon and Morrison had him out of there in the first 3 minutes,and he lost a decision to a 100 year old Joe Bugner.Yet Tyson had to go the distance even though he hit him with everything.

Mitch Green employed Wlad like tactics,hit and lean,hit and lean.

Bonecrusher ate Tysons punches all night,yet still managed to make the final bell,and had nailed Tyson at the final bell.

Tony Tucker was another using Wlad tactics,jab straight right lean.

The notoriously gunshy Wlad would never have given Tyson an opening,he'd have kept him at the end of the jab,and smothered him every time he tried to close the distance.

Tyson made his name beating bums and old men,luckily for him he peaked during a very weak period in the division.Had Tyson arrived on the scene a few years later,he'd have been in big trouble,the likes of Bowe would have made him there bitch.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #141
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
cant stop laughing
yeh i know, who the **** would think Wlad had a chance against Tyson in the first place.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #142
sean1982
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
He had not won a fight in about 3 years, had not fought in about 2 years. He was out of shape and coming out of retirement after two losses in a row. That is Tyson's best win.
I never said it was tysons best win nor did i say it was an awesome win. But too much is taken away from that fight because of what tyson did to him. And the spinks loses were debatable, not a shut out.
Do you really think holmes would have gone in there with tyson unfit and untrained? Like i said he stated he trained hard for it and fought a 15 round exebition in preperation for it. He was there to win, it could be looked at as the passing of the torch, and he ripped it away in style. I mean if you cant manage to take the torch from a 37-38 year old out of shape semi retierd guy, it wouldnt look good on you.....
sean1982 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #143
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Tyson is #1 in one thing and one thing only: #1 at being overrated in fantasy h2h matchups, usually by highschool kids with black & white Tyson avatars.
lol of course Klit licker. Tyson would take Waldo's soul from the stare down. Either that or he'd duck him citing menstrual cramps.

Tyson was boxing. To this day he is the most influential boxer next to Ali. Waldo is a glass jawed fraud who gets put down by Steve Pannell.

Steve Pannell.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #144
Carrera
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
Joke?
Not joking at all... Tyson would off anyone in his ultimate prime. He's prime time!
Carrera is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #145
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

knockout artist, as always your post is a complete joke.
You're telling it how it is are you? You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Holmes against Holyfield was older, slower and weighed MORE than he did against Tyson.
For Tyson he trained hader than he ever did before. He was popping off his jab and moving as effectively has he had always done. He was not fat or unfit. Holmes wasn't the problem , Tyson being unbeatable was the problem.
There are full time trolls on this forum that are better posters than you.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #146
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
yeh i know, who the **** would think Wlad had a chance against Tyson in the first place.
its funny the ones who dont think wlad has a chance against tyson are the ones who thought he didnt have a chance against haye lol...

ni nite
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #147
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
You're telling it how it is are you? You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Holmes against Holyfield was older, slower and weighed MORE than he did against Tyson.
For Tyson he trained hader than he ever did before. He was popping off his jab and moving as effectively has he had always done. He was not fat or unfit. Holmes wasn't the problem , Tyson being unbeatable was the problem.
tyson never has been unbeatable..his prime consists of an old great and guys who got threw into the ring with him...when he stepped it up he lost..FACT..
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #148
FrochFan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Lennox, Holyfield and Bowe were inside fighters, which is why Tyson would never beat any of them.
FrochFan is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #149
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post

dino Tyson didn't beat a great fighter when he beat Larry Holmes, he beat an old man who was way past his best. He took him out in spectacular fashion, but he Holmes at that point was a contender at best, far from a great fighter.

Let's see what Mike himself has to say about it

Quote:
Of all the fighters that Tyson has watched, however, one sticks out in his mind. Tyson, who will fight Orlin Norris on Saturday in a 10-round bout at the MGM Grand Garden, said there is one heavyweight who has never gotten credit for being as good as he truly was.
"You know, Larry Holmes was just absolutely awesome," Tyson said. "Man! This guy was unreal. The things he could do in there. He had a great jab, but he wasn't just a one-punch fighter. He was the complete package."
Tyson said he was amazed by the way Holmes put his punches together and by the little things that Holmes did that were effective in winning fights, but that may not have been noticeable to the casual observer.
Tyson fought Holmes once, knocking him out in the fourth round Jan. 22, 1988, in Atlantic City, when Tyson was in the middle of his first reign as world champion.
Tyson, though, discounts that fight and said it has no bearing on his opinion of Holmes.
"I didn't fight Larry Holmes,"
said Tyson, who was 21 at the time he fought Holmes, who was 38. "I fought an old man. The Larry Holmes I fought isn't the one I'm talking about. The Larry Holmes that I'm talking about could do so many things, it was amazing."
Tyson prefers to remember the Holmes who won the World Boxing Council heavyweight title with a stirring win over Ken Norton on June 9, 1978. That fight ended with a remarkable 15th round, when the two stood toe-to-toe in the center of the ring and traded major blows.
Holmes, Tyson said, was the classic case of a fighter who came around at the wrong time and thus failed to get the recognition he deserved.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Larry would have beaten Mike prime for prime, but it would be a close fight, but Larry was way past his best when he fought Mike

knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #150
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

You claimed Holyfield fought a better Holmes 4 years after that. The post is still there.
Holmes didn't retire, he went on to win won over 20 fights.
Its a good win for Mike and if you can see he was being humble , theres no hope for you.
dinovelvet is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum