Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #91
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

He gets his ass whooped by all 4 easy
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #92
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
The Fab four i wouldn't count Floyd out in defeating Duran at 130-140 or SRL at 130-140 range. It wouldn't be fair to pit him against them in higher weights bc they are all naturally bigger guys then him.

You put Floyd along with Pep, Camacho, and Whitaker then you know Floyd would be the boss. Those ATGs lack the size or power to prevent Floyd from outboxing their ears off.
agreed at the lower weights but the thread is about where these guys fought in the 80's and thats at 147 and up.

hard to argue with a guy with 52000 in vcash.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #93
Ivan Drago
You Will Lose.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Hearns KO Mayweather
Mayweather SD Hagler
Leonard SD Mayweather
Duran KO Mayweather

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 12-06-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Isn't it obvious?
Ivan Drago is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #94
GTSK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Sugar Ray Leonard
Roberto Duran
Thomas Hearns
Marvin Hagler

I think it'd be great matches all over with Floyd a good chance. Just my 2 cents.

There wouldn't be a Hagler/Floyd fight but the rest would be good fights with Floyd having good chances of winning.

Thoughts?
Hello MVC's my friend. Been a long time. D's been asking about you
GTSK is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #95
CassiusClayAli
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
Hearns KO Mayweather
Mayweather SD Hagler
Leonard SD Mayweather
Duran KO Mayweather
All those guys beat Money Floyd except Duran!!!! When did Duran win a superfight????
CassiusClayAli is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #96
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiusClayAli View Post
All those guys beat Money Floyd except Duran!!!! When did Duran win a superfight????

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #97
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

these guys have the correct answers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
Do you honestly think Floyd would fight any of these guys? Duran (5'7", 66" reach, started at LW) - Floyd might fight him due to size Leonard (5'10", 74" reach, legit WW) - doubt that Floyd fights him Hagler (5'9", 75" reach, career MW) - Floyd wouldn't go near him Hearns (6'1", 78" reach, huge WW) - Floyd avoids him until he's lost a few Based on what we've seen of Floyd over his entire career, I think he'd probably only face 2 of the Fab 4. He's got the talent to hang with all 4 of these guys, but he doesn't have the balls to face them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
he'd retire before they even mention him being part of the fab 5. he would have them under olympic style drug testing before he fights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Floyd wouldn't fight any of them, and if he did he'd lose badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLicker View Post
Floyd don't have to balls to fight any of them. He'll probably retired the moment any of them call him out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
No he wouldn't because he never would have fought any of them until the early 90's so no one would remember him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
Floyd wouldn't go anywhere near the fab 4. He wouldn't even touch 147 with Duran / Leonard / Hearns around. Get f'ing real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinorknitz View Post
If FMJ fought in the 80's, he would have introduced extra testing back then. It's highly UNLIKELY he would fight ANY of the four. How could I tell? Simple. Compare Pac with those four, can Pac beat any of them? If Floyd ducked Pac, why the hell would he fight any of those four?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros View Post
Floyd would've ducked everyone.
**** off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzo View Post
Could picture it now Duran is juicing everybody knows whats up, im not fighting him till he takes the test Hearns?? Errr im going on vacation my bodys beat Hagler?? Marvin who, theres no money in that fight, he fights in a division full of bums... I'll fight him if he can make 150lbs leonard.. people come to see the floyd mayweather experience, im the one writing the biggest cheques of their careers,, i want a 70-30 split I could picture him and leonard timing both their retirements around each other tryin to both get one up on each other & it never happening, atleast SRL had the heart and put on all the fights in the end, sadly the same cant be said for floyd 'but im a rich coward' mayweather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
He has no balls, he won't step into the ring with any of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Baby View Post
He'd probably stay around 140lbs and not move 4 were DONE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leone25 View Post
He would duck all of them.. Floyd retired when he saw Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito were killing each other
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Floyd wouldn't even face an Asian midget what make you think he'll face them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i doubt floyd fights any of them tbh. definetly not in there prime. he's price himself out or he'd claim he can't work with there promoter.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #98
Ivan Drago
You Will Lose.
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiusClayAli View Post
I agree with Fry.

Roberto Duran UD Sugar Ray Leonard 20th June 1980.

The first Fab 4 superfight and it was the fight where he was at his "most prime" of all his superfights. He was also the only one to beat Leonard out of the group.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #99
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4278

Quote:
Hearns KO Mayweather
Mayweather SD Hagler
Leonard SD Mayweather
Duran KO Mayweather
LOL at the Hagler pick.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #100
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He did get taken the distance by a fat shit former lightweight and lost his title to a natural welter.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #101
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hearns KO Mayweather
Mayweather SD Hagler
Leonard SD Mayweather
Duran KO Mayweather
More like

Mayweather: We ain't fighting to see who the best is vs Hearn
Mayweather: Health come first vs Hagler
Mayweather: Health come first vs Leonard
Mayweather: Duran live to far vs Duran
prelude is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #102
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
More like

Mayweather: We ain't fighting to see who the best is vs Hearn
Mayweather: Health come first vs Hagler
Mayweather: Health come first vs Leonard
Mayweather: Duran live to far vs Duran

You mention 'Health' in every post.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #103
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You Floyd haters dont know shit about boxing. If Floyd were around when those 4 were fighting Floyd racks up one of the most impressive win streaks ever, at junior welterweight.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #104
Ivan Drago
You Will Lose.
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
LOL at the Hagler pick.
Size obviously puts Floyd at a big disadvantage but I see him dealing with Haglers aggression by dancing and slipping for the first half of the fight then picking him off well in later rounds if Hagler slows don't get me wrong Hagler could easily KO him but I see it going the distance with a close decision win for Mayweather.

How do you see it?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #105
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Size obviously puts Floyd at a big disadvantage but I see him dealing with Haglers aggression by dancing and slipping for the first half of the fight then picking him off well in later rounds if Hagler slows don't get me wrong Hagler could easily KO him but I see it going the distance with a close decision win for Mayweather.

How do you see it?
When has Floyd 'danced and slipped' as a WW, or even JrMW? Floyd is NOT the slippery mover many think he is, and he certainly wouldn't be abled to slip and dance for 12 rounds with a strong, aggressive 160 and win rounds in the process. Hagler fought 15 rounders, he wouldn't 'slow' at all vs. Mayweather. Hagler either stops him, or wins a clear and wide decision. Look at Floyd's 2 fights at 154,m close win over DLH (part time fighter), and a close win over Cotto. Nothing Floyd has done suggests he can dance w/ Hagler.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum