Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: For me, Marquez kind of has everything to lose in this matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Now ahead of the fourth fight, expectations are reversed, he's roundly expected to win, some even suggesting some kind of stoppage (a disservice to Pac imo), b
Pac is nearly a 3-1 favorite with the bookies.
RSBonos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Divac, do you think Lederman's black non-biological daughter Adelaide Julie Lederman-Byrd should be allowed to judge this fight?
I think Julie is a fairly good judge, certainly better than than her joke of a Dad that calls himself a fight judge.

But no, I dont think she should be allowed to judge this fight simply because she's the daughter of an analyst that works for HBO and who has an agenda to go to every lenghth and twist and turn whats really happening and have it come out roses that Pacquiao is winning.

Every fight fan knows that HBO carries an agenda with them to every big fight they broadcast and because of it, I think it was a bad idea to have Nevada appoint Julie Lederman to judge this coming Marquez-Pacquiao fight.

Lets be real here, Julie knows her dad's scorecard has been filled out before hand. Now do you think Julie is going to make her dad look like a BOZO?????

If I'm Marquez I'd petition the commision to have Lederman removed and have a fight judge to take her place thats never been involved in a controversial decision of these high magnitudes.
Easier said that done of course as most judges have had their palms greased several times unfortunately!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #33
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBonos View Post
Pac is nearly a 3-1 favorite with the bookies.
When setting the odds, the bookies do take into account the probability of corruption and dishonest, otherwise the odds would be alot close than that.

Only 3-1 tell me the oddmakers are looking at a repeat of the last fight.
They're anticipationg Marquez to beat Pacquiao and get robbed again.

I would'nt lay money on Marquez unless I had at least 8-1 odds!
The probabilty of another bogus decision is up the roof!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #34
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Styles make fights. Juan's got the greatest gift in boxing in being able to neutralize Pac's offense. Let's not get it twisted, though. Pacquiao's the greater fighter with the greater resume. Pacquiao smokes Diaz, Casamayor, a faded ass Katsidis, and Fedchenko in less rounds and more devastating fashion. Perfect example is Pac/MAB and JMM/MAB.

Once again, styles make fights. That's why Marquez blatantly ducked Khan and Rios so as to not jeopardize a Pacquiao showdown.

Makes you wonder though. The second fight, which many regard as the most obvious win for JMM, really was the springboard for Pacquiao to move into superstardom. After that it was Diaz for the lightweight title, Oscar, Hatton, Cotto and onwards.

If JMM had been given the nod in that fight, as I believe he should, does he get those massive fights that Pacquiao got? Not necessarily against the same opponents, or at the same weights, but that high calibre of fight which would have thrust him into superstardom instead of Pacquiao.

It's easy to say Pacquiao's got a greater resume so he's a greater fighter. But he was given those opportunities whereas JMM has had to work harder and longer to secure the really massive fights.

But it happened the way it did, Pacquiao has indeed a greater resume. However, if you're talking in terms of talent as fighters, there's very little in the difference. Pacquiao's been more exciting, JMM's a purists dream. Everyone wins.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
I think Julie is a fairly good judge, certainly better than than her joke of a Dad that calls himself a fight judge.

But no, I dont think she should be allowed to judge this fight simply because she's the daughter of an analyst that works for HBO and who has an agenda to go to every lenghth and twist and turn whats really happening and have it come out roses that Pacquiao is winning.

Every fight fan knows that HBO carries an agenda with them to every big fight they broadcast and because of it, I think it was a bad idea to have Nevada appoint Julie Lederman to judge this coming Marquez-Pacquiao fight.

Lets be real here, Julie knows her dad's scorecard has been filled out before hand. Now do you think Julie is going to make her dad look like a BOZO?????

If I'm Marquez I'd petition the commision to have Lederman removed and have a fight judge to take her place thats never been involved in a controversial decision of these high magnitudes.
Easier said that done of course as most judges have had their palms greased several times unfortunately!

Are you really this ****ing retarded, Divac? Re-read what I asked you and then come back to me.

Eventually you'll put the pieces together.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #36
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

How can Marquez have anything to lose? He's almost 40. I'm sure he'll be crying to the bank even he gets KOd. He invested a few thousand dollars in PEDs (if it costs that much) and getting millions in return. He was basically written off after the Mayweather schooling.
markq is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #37
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post

Are you really this ****ing retarded, Divac? Re-read what I asked you and then come back to me.

Eventually you'll put the pieces together.

I may be confused as to who is judging the fight Saturday night, is it Byrd or Lederman?

If its Byrd, fine. If its Lederman, there's a conflict of interest there and its not a good idea for the NSAC to appoint her.

Next issue!!!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #38
Impulse_0
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
It's hard to say. In terms of what it'll 'do for him', I suppose most casual fans only see the losses on his record against Pacquiao. Many of them wouldn't realise that he's actually never really lost to Pacquiao. But then that comes down to whether the opinion of the general public matters to JMM. I doubt it. In his eyes it's probably unfinished business on a personal level. It is dangerous for him. At nearly 40, you can age overnight, and he could find himself outmatched in a hurry. Looking at the condition he got himself into for this fight though, I don't think that's going to happen. I can see your viewpoint, but I can also see it as a nothing to lose situation for Juan. If he wins he gets the recognition from all quarters that serious boxing fans already know he deserves, and if he loses badly it'll be fairly obvious age has caught up with him and it's time to hang them up.
Except that he has lost to Marquez... twice.

No one cares what goes on in your head. The reality is those losses are never coming off his record.
Impulse_0 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #39
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I can see both perspectives. As a fan, having scored the 3 fights for JMM, a loss like this will be his first real, definitive loss, but it will be one more damn loss on his record, making it seem like Manny always had the edge, when the opposite is most likely true. If he loses, it will be an indicator he should hang them up, but the storm of Pactards and the way history might remember things could sting as time goes by.
great post. It's important he gets at least one win on the record books, so perceptions won't be distorted. People now and in the future will brush it under the rug that he schooled pacman in the third fight if he doesn't get the W on his record come Saturday.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #40
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

He has absolutely nothing to lose. Hes about to retire and he knows he can put up another spectacular battle against Pacquiao. Every time he shows Pacquaio up and makes the scorecards razor close - he "wins".
pound is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #41
uraharakisuke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 759

Marquez is the favourite among boxing fans so the pressure is on him. The first two fights were so close but for me Pac edged them, and at the end of the day regardless of who wins this fight Manny has the better resume.
uraharakisuke is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #42
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Now ahead of the fourth fight, expectations are reversed, he's roundly expected to win, some even suggesting some kind of stoppage (a disservice to Pac imo)
IDKSAB
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #43
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_0 View Post
Except that he has lost to Marquez... twice.

No one cares what goes on in your head. The reality is those losses are never coming off his record.

Devestating KO victory >> Two razor thin decision wins that are hotly disputed.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum