Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #46
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450
Default Re: Fights or Fighters you remember that "evolved" the skill sets in MMA?

Last edited by SuperHut; 12-06-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: duplicate post
SuperHut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #47
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Fights or Fighters you remember that "evolved" the skill sets in MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Strange that someone who trains doesn't understand Bruce Lee wasn't a full contact competitor. Yes he was a brilliant mover and unquestionably a martial arts legend. But get your facts straight
I don't remember posting anything about Lee competing in full contact competition...All I said was he did get into fights. You need to check your facts son.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #48
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
I don't remember posting anything about Lee competing in full contact competition...All I said was he did get into fights. You need to check your facts son.
We all got into fights. Doesn't mean we helped evolve the skill sets of MMA

Hope you enjoyed my hope page. I'm flattered you are paying me so much attention. Enjoy trolling my posts son
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #49
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Do you like how you took a pic from the internet of Gene and used it as your avatar and how I used a patch Gene gave me as my avatar pic?
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #50
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Do you like how you took a pic from the internet of Gene and used it as your avatar and how I used a patch Gene gave me as my avatar pic?
troll.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #51
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
troll.

I bet you thought you were being cute with the LeBell pic... probably thought to yourself, "It's a super hutan guy from google! This Gene LeBell pic will teach those gangnam stylists!"
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #52
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post

Been spending less time on Eastside because of this type of stuff.
I've noticed we haven't seen you about so much these days. It's a shame cos your knowledge & insights we'll be missed. But I get it, the monthly Bruce Lee is a warrior god threads are as boring as they are bullshit.

Quote:
I have reason to believe he's a practitioner of Super Hutan Style. It's kind of a poor man's version of Gangnam Style. Enter "Super Hutan Style" into Google search and all will be revealed.
That had me rollin!

Quote:
Actually, I'm a practitioner of many styles including the stick grappling techniques of the guy in your avatar.
Jack of all trades master of none?

How's your Muay Thai then?

Quote:
You said he was a fighter.

Getting into a few fights doesn't make a guy fighter, your average security gaurd at your local bar gets into fights, but you wouldn't call him a fighter would you?! The guys in the gym that train for fun or fitness you wouldn't call them fighters either would you, so how does Bruce qualify? The guy was a martial arts pioneer who had major lasting impact on the world we live in, sure, but he wasn't a fighter in the sense we all use the word on this forum and I believe you meant when opening this thread.

There is saying in Thailand that it takes 5 years to start to make a fighter. 5 years of hard conditioned full contact training and most importantly full contact fighting. As you may or may not know fighting in the ring is a very different dynamic to full contact sparring and just how many "fights" in or out the ring did Bruce have and under what conditons? There's just no evidence, no proof nothing.........It all sounds very similar to a religion doesn't it......

It's all so hypothetical with Bruce and its all so distorted by his legend, the truth is Bruce doesn't last 3 rounds with any top 50 Thai of equal weight in a FC stand up fight with or without gloves.

He doesn't deserve to be on the list of guys you posted earlier, guys who had the opportunity and balls to routinely test out their fighting theories in a full contact enviroment. Who knows maybe Bruce would have thrived in the current MMA scene, who knows, but that's the point isnt it we'll never know......as I said earlier it all gets so fanatstical and hypothetical when people bring Bruce into the conversation.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #53
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I've noticed we haven't seen you about so much these days. It's a shame cos your knowledge & insights we'll be missed. But I get it, the monthly Bruce Lee is a warrior god threads are as boring as they are bullshit.

That had me rollin!

Jack of all trades master of none?

How's your Muay Thai then?

You said he was a fighter.

Getting into a few fights doesn't make a guy fighter, your average security gaurd at your local bar gets into fights, but you wouldn't call him a fighter would you?! The guys in the gym that train for fun or fitness you wouldn't call them fighters either would you, so how does Bruce qualify? The guy was a martial arts pioneer who had major lasting impact on the world we live in, sure, but he wasn't a fighter in the sense we all use the word on this forum and I believe you meant when opening this thread.

There is saying in Thailand that it takes 5 years to start to make a fighter. 5 years of hard conditioned full contact training and most importantly full contact fighting. As you may or may not know fighting in the ring is a very different dynamic to full contact sparring and just how many "fights" in or out the ring did Bruce have and under what conditons? There's just no evidence, no proof nothing.........It all sounds very similar to a religion doesn't it......

It's all so hypothetical with Bruce and its all so distorted by his legend, the truth is Bruce doesn't last 3 rounds with any top 50 Thai of equal weight in a FC stand up fight with or without gloves.

He doesn't deserve to be on the list of guys you posted earlier, guys who had the opportunity and balls to routinely test out their fighting theories in a full contact enviroment. Who knows maybe Bruce would have thrived in the current MMA scene, who knows, but that's the point isnt it we'll never know......as I said earlier it all gets so fanatstical and hypothetical when people bring Bruce into the conversation.
I don't think you understand why people bring Bruce Lee into the topic. Have you even looked into any of his work?

Anyway, I'm glad you posted that the thread I started was educating you on some of the milestones in MMA. It's just too bad that you've put a limit on what you're willing to learn.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #54
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

theres muay thai guys youve never heard of that would have raped bruce lee. any of the gracies of his time would have ****ed his world up.
bruce is just lucky some studio bosses saw money in martial arts movies at the time he was prominent.. if jet li was around in the 60's and got there first then we would all be sitting around having to endure countless "jet li is god" threads and bruce would have pictures of jet li on his wall. the lee desciples make me sick when theres so many more real fighters deserving of the worship he gets.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #55
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

"It's all so hypothetical with Bruce and its all so distorted by his legend, the truth is Bruce doesn't last 3 rounds with any top 50 Thai of equal weight in a FC stand up fight with or without gloves."

OK. Break it down then. I'm willing to hear what you have to say on this matter.

You don't have to explain Muay Thai because we all know it's just a watered down sport version of Krabi Krabong. Just break down Lee's system and using examples from Lee's core fighting strategies and techniques, why you think he wouldnt last 3 rounds with a same size Thai fighter.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to see if you know what you are talking about.

The forum is now yours.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #56
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
theres muay thai guys youve never heard of that would have raped bruce lee. any of the gracies of his time would have ****ed his world up.
bruce is just lucky some studio bosses saw money in martial arts movies at the time he was prominent.. if jet li was around in the 60's and got there first then we would all be sitting around having to endure countless "jet li is god" threads and bruce would have pictures of jet li on his wall. the lee desciples make me sick when theres so many more real fighters deserving of the worship he gets.
That's bullshit and you don't know what you're talking about.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #57
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's bullshit and you don't know what you're talking about.
says the guy who trained with judo gene lebell for judo?? oh no thats right it was to work on your "stick grappling"
mate i think youve been grappling with your stick for too long
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #58
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
says the guy who trained with judo gene lebell for judo?? oh no thats right it was to work on your "stick grappling"
mate i think youve been grappling with your stick for too long
Sorry, but you compared Jet Li to Bruce Lee. The only thing they have in common is race. Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #59
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Sorry, but you compared Jet Li to Bruce Lee. The only thing they have in common is race. Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about.
i didnt compare anything.. personally i think bruce would kick jets ass
but i was saying is if it was jety li who came first and people saw him on screen fighting off hordes of attackers then hed get the worship bruce currently enjoys
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #60
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
i didnt compare anything.. personally i think bruce would kick jets ass
but i was saying is if it was jety li who came first and people saw him on screen fighting off hordes of attackers then hed get the worship bruce currently enjoys
Wrong again.

In the 60's there were scores of Jet Li types flying through the air with kicks and beating up hordes of attackers.
SuperHut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum