Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
hofbrau
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Default Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Nacho said he doesn't expect Pacquiao vs. Marquez to be a toe to toe encounter - because the styles of the two fighters would never allow for such a scenario.

"This can never be a toe to toe fight. It can never be that way because of their styles. Marquez is a smart boxer and Pacquiao doesn't fight toe to toe either. Pacquiao attacks his opponent and then pulls back. He doesn't stand toe to toe. He attacks his opponent, pulls back and makes them feel comfortable and then he jumps on them again and hurts them,"

"We just have to be smart [with our strategy to get the knockout]. If Pacquiao wants to come in all wild and reckless, trying to get a knockout, that's better for us. But we are going to fight smart,"
said Nacho.
hofbrau is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LosAngeles
Posts: 12,497
vCash: 75
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofbrau View Post
Nacho said he doesn't expect Pacquiao vs. Marquez to be a toe to toe encounter - because the styles of the two fighters would never allow for such a scenario.

"This can never be a toe to toe fight. It can never be that way because of their styles. Marquez is a smart boxer and Pacquiao doesn't fight toe to toe either. Pacquiao attacks his opponent and then pulls back. He doesn't stand toe to toe. He attacks his opponent, pulls back and makes them feel comfortable and then he jumps on them again and hurts them,"

"We just have to be smart [with our strategy to get the knockout]. If Pacquiao wants to come in all wild and reckless, trying to get a knockout, that's better for us. But we are going to fight smart," said Nacho.

Exactly! Pacquiao is calling for toe to toe action, yet it was he in various parts of all three fight, and especially in the first fight, who was being driven to cover when Marquez countered him unmercifully and chased Pacquiao aggressively to the ropes!

Nacho is right. Pacquiao attacks in a short quick burst and then steps back to reset. He's never been a toe to toe fighter, but since he could'nt find Marquez in their last fight to land a clean hard punch, he's now asking Marquez to stand still.

Pacquiao- "Its not fair that Marquez does'nt stand still for me, I am Manny Pacquiao and I say stand still for the fans!"
divac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
ROG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 401
vCash: 1396
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Lol very true!!

Damn Pactards
ROG is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 155
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

So you already found your balls and agreed to the 2 month ban bet or you still an all talk fag of a Mexican divac?

BTT:
Translation: No way we fight a brawl against Pac, we will surely get KO'd.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Nacho's right, neither of them is that kind of fighter.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 155
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Nacho's right, neither of them is that kind of fighter.
What puzzles me more is he is responding to that stupid ass comment of Pac.
Like... Why?
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

"Marquez was just waiting for me to punch so he could counter me all night" Manny

Manny knows he can't cut that ring off and can't compete with JMM footwork either. LMAO
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #8
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LosAngeles
Posts: 12,497
vCash: 75
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
So you already found your balls and agreed to the 2 month ban bet or you still an all talk fag of a Mexican divac?

BTT:
Translation: No way we fight a brawl against Pac, we will surely get KO'd.
Why did'nt Pacquiao go toe to toe with Margarito instead of running circles around him and fighting in spurts of energy.

Pacquiao wants Marquez to stand still for him, yet he did'nt stand still vs Margarito!
divac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
PaoloMirani
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

well duh
PaoloMirani is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 155
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
"Marquez was just waiting for me to punch so he could counter me all night" Manny

Manny knows he can't cut that ring off and can't compete with JMM footwork either. LMAO
No.

Firstly, both of them have good footwork.
Even JMM acknowledges this.

What Pac was saying is he knows he can't catch JMM cleanly unless they brawl.
All of his KD's of JMM was because JMM was lured into a brawl.
It has absolutely nothing to do with ring cutting because JMM doesn't "run" per se.
He's just in front of Pac all night long. i.e. He's not gonna pull a Mosley.

Learn some boxing.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 155
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Why did'nt Pacquiao go toe to toe with Margarito instead of running circles around him and fighting in spurts of energy.

Pacquiao wants Marquez to stand still for him, yet he did'nt stand still vs Margarito!
Tell us something we don't know.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #12
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: you is you is
Posts: 6,807
vCash: 75
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post

Exactly! Pacquiao is calling for toe to toe action, yet it was he in various parts of all three fight, and especially in the first fight, who was being driven to cover when Marquez countered him unmercifully and chased Pacquiao aggressively to the ropes!

Nacho is right. Pacquiao attacks in a short quick burst and then steps back to reset. He's never been a toe to toe fighter, but since he could'nt find Marquez in their last fight to land a clean hard punch, he's now asking Marquez to stand still.

Pacquiao- "Its not fair that Marquez does'nt stand still for me, I am Manny Pacquiao and I say stand still for the fans!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
So you already found your balls and agreed to the 2 month ban bet or you still an all talk fag of a Mexican divac?

BTT:
Translation: No way we fight a brawl against Pac, we will surely get KO'd.
Divac doesnt bet on fights, and that's his "palabra de honor" or something like that.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 155
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
Divac doesnt bet on fights, and that's his "palabra de honor" or something like that.

That *****.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
hofbrau
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
What puzzles me more is he is responding to that stupid ass comment of Pac.
Like... Why?
i guess pac is trying to get in JMM's mind set.
hofbrau is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #15
jmmpbf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Nacho: Pacquiao-Marquez is not a Toe-To-Toe fight

Pac said this, so when he looses or when he doesnt get the KO, hell have an excuse....again.
jmmpbf is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013