Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #46
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Mark de Mori - the most padded career in Aussie boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpac View Post
I would be surprised if he did, but who knows, Mark's decision and DK might land him a title shot between now and then which might change everything.

Off the top of my head late 2013 or something?
King has seduced him twice - "signing with Don King is the highlight of my career" - I wouldn't discount him doing it a 3rd time.

Still a year to go on the current King contract - OMFG
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #47
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The fact you quote that over and over as a negative intrests me.

You don't think an Aussie kid at age 15 watching Tyson seeing DK on tv and saying one day I'm going to be HW boxer in the US then getting there and doing just that is a highlight?

How long is the list of Aussie HW's that have signed with a major US promoter? That is a serious question in case you are wondering, I have no idea.
Totalpac is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #48
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

You don't think an Aussie kid at age 15 watching Tyson seeing DK on tv and saying one day I'm going to be HW boxer in the US then getting there and doing just that is a highlight?

How long is the list of Aussie HW's that have signed with a major US promoter? That is a serious question in case you are wondering, I have no idea.
Kali Mehan (don king) Bowie Topu (Gary Shaw) from recent times. Going back I think Jimmy thunder was signed with someone.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #49
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

I'm just amazed at some of de Mori's statements to be honest.

I don't think he could have summarized his career any better than when he said: "I've achieved all my goals in boxing and are now just in it to entertain".

Food for thought: Would marrying your wife be the highlight of your life if you had a terrible marriage and were now desperate to divorce her?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #50
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

demori is a non event. the best show he'll ever put on is when he hits the canvas next. probably by a one armed, blind girl, in a wheelchair....thats his level of opponent.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #51
peterm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bashing stiffs are not keep busy fights. They are a waste of time and put every one off the fighter, you don't gain anything from Koing blokes way past it
peterm is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #52
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm View Post
Bashing stiffs are not keep busy fights. They are a waste of time and put every one off the fighter, you don't gain anything from Koing blokes way past it
if you call 'busiy' 6 fights in 5 years 'busiy'......
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #53
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wow this guy really gets some stick doesn't he!?

Is he claiming he's the world's greatest though? I mean what actually is his big crime?

(I actually don't know much of this dude so that is a serious question)
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #54
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post

Is he claiming he's the world's greatest though? I mean what actually is his big crime?

He's made a career out of beating up nobodies & hasbeens. Have a look at the records of most of his opponents >>>

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

de Mori refers to beating up his badly mismatched and often aging opponents as ***yboxing
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #55
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post

There are a few of us here who think Mark actually does want to step his opposition up, but he's made some massively bad decisions along the way in his career.

In terms of claiming he's the worlds greatest, he definitely hasn't. He's pretty self depreciating actually. He'll give anyone the time of day to chat boxing and what he's up to. He's on twitter and facebook.

Some of the animosity I understand, as frustration that an Aus HW isnt testing himself. The question remains unanswered as to whether he will or not in the future.

Some of the animosity is purely irrational, like fight fans should feel personally affronted by Mark's career thus far.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #56
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
There are a few of us here who think Mark actually does want to step his opposition up, but he's made some massively bad decisions along the way in his career.

In terms of claiming he's the worlds greatest, he definitely hasn't. He's pretty self depreciating actually. He'll give anyone the time of day to chat boxing and what he's up to. He's on twitter and facebook.

Some of the animosity I understand, as frustration that an Aus HW isnt testing himself. The question remains unanswered as to whether he will or not in the future.

Some of the animosity is purely irrational, like fight fans should feel personally affronted by Mark's career thus far.
Totalpac's mardi-gras-esque promotion of Mark here only set de Mori's cause back even further. He succeeded with his plan of fueling some hatred, but just couldn't turn it into ticket sales. Evidenced by the extremely poor $10 PPVs sales for the Calloway fight, and the financial disaster that followed against Weida at St Marys.

Totalpac has clearly seen the error of his ways and pulled his head right back in. But the damage was already done.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #57
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Totalpac's mardi-gras-esque promotion of Mark here only set de Mori's cause back even further. He succeeded with his plan of fueling some hatred, but just couldn't turn it into ticket sales. Evidenced by the extremely poor $10 PPVs sales for the Calloway fight, and the financial disaster that followed against Weida at St Marys.

Totalpac has clearly seen the error of his ways and pulled his head right back in. But the damage was already done.
It's true mate. Total did get carried away.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #58
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I believe de Mori is fighting Richard Towers on Gold Coast Dec 21, providing Browne doesn't stop Towers on Tuesday [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #59
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

john wyborn
swingin is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #60
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
I believe de Mori is fighting Richard Towers on Gold Coast Dec 21, providing Browne doesn't stop Towers on Tuesday [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Really? 2 in a month for towers. Yeah i guess a stoppage loss to browne would put pay to that.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum