Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Freddie Roach talking about Amir Khan working with Virgil Hunter....New interview.

It's only short, but Roach is flogging that dead horse again with "He told me to fire chavez jr and Pacquiao" when Khan already categorically denied this in another interview.

BORKED
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Freddie Roach talking about Amir Khan working with Virgil Hunter....New interview

Khan didn't tell him that

Khan's team did... It probaly went along the lines: "Hi Freddie i'm sorry but were going to leave you as Amir wants something different lalala - The only option to keep him would be if you could give him your full attention - no? ok that's fine good luck"

People get sh*t mixed up so fast...

The interviewer here is also wrong he says: "He says you weren't really up to level as a trainer"

F*ck off did he say that... He said he felt he needed someone who was capable of giving him more time...

4:15 for start & 5:40 key moment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3x_DlNo_i4[/ame]

Last edited by miniq; 12-07-2012 at 06:13 AM.
miniq is online now  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488
Default Re: Freddie Roach talking about Amir Khan working with Virgil Hunter....New interview

I doubt Khan said that, his team probably mentioned it in the 'you've got too many fighters' sense and Roach putting 2+3 together came out with 7.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
SuperHut
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 450

Let's be honest now. Khan left Roach because he thinks Hunter can fix his glass jaw.
SuperHut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHut View Post
Let's be honest now. Khan left Roach because he thinks Hunter can fix his glass jaw.
Not quite true.

He thinks Hunter can teach him to prtect him glass jaw better than Roach did.
Toontoon is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #6
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
I doubt Khan said that, his team probably mentioned it in the 'you've got too many fighters' sense and Roach putting 2+3 together came out with 7.
That's what's probably happened. Roach has revealed himself not to be the most truthful of people (what with this whole recent JMM testing thing). It's ludicrous to suggest Khan's team would ask him to drop Pacquiao - as evident by Khan in that interview being surprised to hear such claims. Like you've said, it was probably:

Khan's dad: "You've got too many people you handle - Pacquiao, Chavez and all them guys."

Roach to media: "They told me to drop Pacquiao and Chavez"
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
It's only short, but Roach is flogging that dead horse again with "He told me to fire chavez jr and Pacquiao" when Khan already categorically denied this in another interview.

BORKED
The interviewer's a cunt. Same goes for other reporters who falsely made out that Khan was blaming his defeat on Roach's illness. It fuels unnecessary beef.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The interviewer's a cunt. Same goes for other reporters who falsely made out that Khan was blaming his defeat on Roach's illness. It fuels unnecessary beef.
Khan will blame his defeat on anyone but himself.

Theres a strong possibility that Amir Khan actually thinks that he has
an iron chin aswell, the bloke is deluded and its affected his progress as a boxer.

How can you work on your flaws - if you dont think you have any!
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Deck View Post

an iron chin aswell, the bloke is deluded and its affected his progress as a boxer.
Yeah, sure:

@AmirKingKhan: I blame myself for the losses in my career. Not blaming @FreddieRoach or anyone. I just needed a change.

That's him blaming anyone but himself, isn't it.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

[quote=Above Deck;14345723]Khan will blame his defeat on anyone but himself.

How can you work on your flaws - if you dont think you have any![/quote]
eggs****ingzactly
and rico questioning roachs credibility the shit khan as come out with in the past
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
Rainman
Journeyman

There was another boxer commenting on Amir saying Freddie health was deteriorating and it was affecting his ability to train or something. I'd never heard anything like that. Anyone know the facts about that?
Rainman is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Pericles
Journeyman

Roach comes across as very bitter these days.
Pericles is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
shane2002uk

vCash: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Deck View Post

How can you work on your flaws - if you dont think you have any!
Although Khan may tweet otherwise, I do think this is very true to why Khan has stagnated and not adapted to his glass jaw. Inside fighting is another huge flaw that Khan has and what lost him the Peterson fight.

With the way Khan stacks up rounds, but has still lost 3 fights I think with the right defence and a revamped mindset, he could still do big things.

I think the mindset he has is probably the biggest hurdle he will no clear.
shane2002uk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum