Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #46
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: CAN 50 CENT turn ANDRE DIRRELL (aka the Froch slayer) into a crossover star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontoon View Post
Another American hypejob.
Well this a big county, we will have a few. I mean all fighters can't be AMIR KHAN now can they?
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #47
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117
Default Re: CAN 50 CENT turn ANDRE DIRRELL (aka the Froch slayer) into a crossover star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
Well this a big county, we will have a few. I mean all fighters can't be AMIR KHAN now can they?
Yet Khan's resume and legacy shits all over Dirrell's.

In fact most fighters do on the World stage.
Toontoon is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #48
RazorHandz
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1194

Just get him good fights, the rest will take care of itself.
RazorHandz is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #49
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Dirrell is a ***** ass mental midget. He quit and that's evident, besides if you are continously ducking that low, it's your own damn fault if you get clipped with some shots in the back of the head. With that being said, he did not get hit hard enough to act like such a bitch.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #50
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontoon View Post
Yet Khan's resume and legacy shits all over Dirrell's.

In fact most fighters do on the World stage.
Riigghhttt!!! Getting KTFO on two different continents IS pretty hard to top, so I guess you've got me there mate!!
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #51
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

who is this boxer one is speaking of he sounds totally dirrellivant
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #52
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
By enourage I mean Dirrell has to actually get in the ring and not just be part of the pack. I personally think Dirrell has more physical ability and technical skill than Ward. I just question his desire. If Dirrell had the same attitude and dedication as Ward, I think he could beat him. Talent only gets you so far though and I see 50 and his "promoting" as a ****ing side show. Kind of like if Bob Arum started making mixtapes. Dirrell has signed up to be part of the show so let's see what happens....
That's important. I see what you mean. Andre has to keep active in order to make the most out of his talents. He's at this time in his physical prime but he's had only a taste of ELITE level experience that he needs to progress to that next level.

I would agree with you on your assertion about Dirrell having more talent, athletic ability and skills than Ward. The difference is Ward is mentally strong and operates with a higher ring IQ. Dirrell could be every bit as good as Ward, if not better if he can mature as a boxer and apply his craft consistently. He's been shelved for a while and needs to knock some of that rust off.

I disagree with how you view 50 as a promoter. He's got the business savvy and experience to adapt, adjust and conform in order to make his business ventures successful. His drama with Floyd and how it's been plastered all over the web definitely made it a circus....but the things he's done in the short amount of time as a "Boxing Promoter" is incredible.

Look...he's signed 3 or 4 blue chip fighters...he's gotten a couple of his fighters on high profile PPV events...he's attained one of the best boxing trainers in the game and has a world class gym operating in boxing's main town, Las Vegas. He's done all this in UNDER 6 months. 50's serious about this boxing promoting thing. If he fails....it won't be from a lack of effort that's for sure.

If he succeeds.......A lot of boxing promoters are going to be on notice because Fif is young blood in a world of Old money. We could see Golden Boy, 50, PAC, Cotto and Floyd as the new boxing promoters for the future.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #53
DREAMCATCHER
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Most ppl have lives to lead rather than spending an hour on gif soup uploading half a dozen GIFS! How racist is michigan warrior man! Im guesing he's on welfare though...

Try this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbaJ-WPhPg[/ame]

Posting that would have been easier.
DREAMCATCHER is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #54
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMCATCHER View Post
Most ppl have lives to lead rather than spending an hour on gif soup uploading half a dozen GIFS! How racist is michigan warrior man! Im guesing he's on welfare though...
dendy is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #55
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMCATCHER View Post

Try this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Posting that would have been easier.
I like how Froch eventually gets so annoyed by the clinching that he just starts fighting in the clinch, during round 7. When he does that Dirrell doesn't seem to know what to do, and can't really protect himself on the inside. While he's complaining to the referee Froch is roughing him up and scoring. I actually like that -- most fighters get clinched and just stop fighting, waiting for the referee to break them up. Froch is one of the few I've seen that just got fed up and started throwing any short, scrappy punches he could from that position, just to warn Dirrell away from holding him. He should have done that from the beginning of the fight, because it works better for him than trying to box on the outside with Dirrell. He shouldn't have hit him behind the head, though -- that's a dangerous foul.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #56
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Quote:
Riigghhttt!!! Getting KTFO on two different continents IS pretty hard to top, so I guess you've got me there mate!!
Lmao, most boxers resumes only include their victories, according to your theory Roy jones jr is dogs shit due to him being ko'd
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #57
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Terrible track.
Post Box is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum