Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #16
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broners Dad admits Ricky Burns is the champion at lightweight, dismisses Demarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I have a set of clippers on standby, I'm quite confident I won't have to use them though?
I can understand why you think it won't happen Bill, its one of 'those' fights.

But I have a sneaky suspicion that this may be one that does actually take place.

Reading a couple of Billy's comments, and seeing Ricky speak, its prety clear they're up for it.

I really can't see Ricky avoiding him, and Broner would like his belt.

It will be down to FW most likely and will he really turn down the chance to be part of a big American bill and have options during these 'troubled times'? (allegedly).
Michael300 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #17
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Broners Dad admits Ricky Burns is the champion at lightweight, dismisses Demarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I can understand why you think it won't happen Bill, its one of 'those' fights.

But I have a sneaky suspicion that this may be one that does actually take place.

Reading a couple of Billy's comments, and seeing Ricky speak, its prety clear they're up for it.

I really can't see Ricky avoiding him, and Broner would like his belt.

It will be down to FW most likely and will he really turn down the chance to be part of a big American bill and have options during these 'troubled times'? (allegedly).
He may do, it would be out of character for him to do so though, he knows he can make money out of Burns by matching him safely in Scotland for the for the next few years and its not like he cares what us fans think?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #18
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Nelson is full of bluster.

Yeah he's on here talking all this trash that burns is the best and will beat broner.

But anyone disagrees and he flies off in a fit of anger.

Just get in the ring.

Broner easy money baby
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #19
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He may do, it would be out of character for him to do so though, he knows he can make money out of Burns by matching him safely in Scotland for the for the next few years and its not like he cares what us fans think?
It's not just US fans

He doesn't give a shit what's anyone thinks.

He's not in it for glory or anything like that, he's in itself for money and really he's a shrewd businessman, all his top fighters follows the same route and he doesn't take risks.

If a guy can sell out arenas vs bums and make the easy guaranteed money, then that's smart business

But don't blame him, that's easy

His fighters got a voice, fact is they are happy doing it his way
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #20
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What you got to look at is the two best fighters from the UK in my opinion in recent years.

Carl froch

And David Haye (I know you love to hate but he's a good fighter and other than later in his career he took tough challenges and deserves resoect)

Yeah well you compare them two to any Frank fighter

Calzaghe and Hatton, 40 odd fights and year upon year of these sort of pointless fights.

It's just stringing the fans along and they put up with it
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 05:47 AM   #21
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing79 View Post
Broners too busy trying to be Floyd with the shoulder roll , hell get smashed from Burns in all areas
You appear purely ignorant
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #22
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Well they can tell Big Daddy Broner Ricky has his things together and we won't be moving up to 140lbs until Ricky beats Broner wherever,unlike Adrien we would fight anywhere!
Well make the ****ing fight happen then! And leave Fisheyes Frank while your at it or we both know Ricky's prime years are being wasted.

And by the way...you should know that the likes of Liam Walsh is not appropriate preparation for Adrian Broner. That's like running up your stairs in preparation for Mount Everest
oli is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #23
J.BULLA
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Well they can tell Big Daddy Broner Ricky has his things together and we won't be moving up to 140lbs until Ricky beats Broner wherever,unlike Adrien we would fight anywhere!
Billy , how eager is Ricky's promoter about fighting Broner anywhere ?

I don't doubt Ricky's desire to take challenges
J.BULLA is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing79 View Post
Broners too busy trying to be Floyd with the shoulder roll , hell get smashed from Burns in all areas
Why is anybody that uses the shoulder roll blasted as trying to imitate Floyd? Do people genuinely believe that Floyd 'invented' it? For starters, the shoulder roll isn't even an allround style, it's one skill, one component of a defense. Wlad Klitschko uses the shoulder roll ffs.

Outside of the ring is a different matter though, he definitely seems to want to be Floyd.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.BULLA View Post
Billy , how eager is Ricky's promoter about fighting Broner anywhere ?

I don't doubt Ricky's desire to take challenges
It gonna happen!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #26
Jaso
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Billy Nelson vs Broner SR on the undercard,Sumo contest
Jaso is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #27
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Billy, you do know that Broner is going to absolutely rape, yes rape Burns, do you not?
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #28
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have a set of clippers on standby, I'm quite confident I won't have to use them though?

Please. NO pics.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
Please. NO pics.
I will spare the world of the sight, that will be one for my personal scrapbook.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #30
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Billy, you do know that Broner is going to absolutely rape, yes rape Burns, do you not?
Rape is a very inappropriate word and totally uncalled for,but to be fair it shows you how much of a knob you really are.
Ricky WILL beat him
billy nelson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum